Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm) | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Mike Greening":3dljj2n4 said:
IJN":3dljj2n4 said:
NorfolkGreen":3dljj2n4 said:
PL2 3DQ":3dljj2n4 said:
The Local Planning Authority gives a slapped wrist to the AFT .......

The report also criticised the Argyle Fans Trust for “objecting the plans after not consulting fans who support the redevelopment” and claim “they are trying to represent their own views rather than those of all Argyle supporters.”

So they didn’t actually do this then?

Yes they did. I know loads of fans who are peed off with a group that are supposed to reflect what the majority of fans feel, to go renegade because a noisy few objected to it.

Even though I’m not a member (any more) it still grinds my gears that any organisation with the words ‘Argyle fans’ in it, has the audacity to do it, without talking to a fair number of Argyle fans in the first place. What ‘fair’ is, is a debatable subject, but certainly the impression I have is that it was the usual babble.

A very Small minority group with an agenda. Brent haters I believe

It is yet another Group who confuse the meaning of representative with delegate.

G

Greenskin

What has an internal argument between factions of an organisation got to do with the planning committee of Plymouth city council and who are they to comment on whether or not one faction or another is right or wrong in a particular instance? I'm neither a member of the trust or a supporter of Brents plan-how do they know for certain that my views represent a minority or majority of the Argyle fanbase?. Truth is they don't [neither do I] and had no business in criticising a section of Argyle supporters who put forward their own point of view-are they going to slag off groups of objectors for not consulting the opposition in every single planning proposal from now on? Would seem an absurd and rather dangerous precedence to set if so.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Visiting Plymouth yesterday for Liam Gallagher gig and The Home Park Grandstand Revamp with ice rink with be a massive boost for the city of Plymouth

Finally see our stadium complete

Well done PAFC

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
Green skin - it is not the job of the planners to criticise or applaud any lobbyists whether pro or anti the planning proposal AND THEY HAVENT. The planning report has to fairly reflect (for the councillors to consider) the public comments submitted. So if you read the document you will find a summary of submitted comments bot for and against the planning application.
People suggesting otherwise are putting slants on the report.
I should record I am not a member of the AFT as I have concerns re their approach however I hope that once the planning issue is behind us and work underway ( and hopefully results on the pitch improved) that there can be efforts made to try and build bridges between various groups (such as the joint food bank appeal) so that we can all help move the club forward.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
A positive step towards getting our grandstand, a very good news story in my view and hopefully means getting approval is now just a rubber stamp.

By the looks of the report it seems the AFT comment comes from a member or members of the public not the committee themselves who are of course only interested in the impact of the development itself. It was clearly deemed an important point to be included in the report itself though and the fact that it has now been published in the Herald is if nothing else a huge publicity blow for the Trust, due process is important and consultation of the membership is a basic process of a fans group. A huge lesson to learn should be taken from this.

Aug 5, 2015
I know the AFT played an important role in our darkest hour but to be effective now any Fans Trust must raise funds to take a financial stake in the club and must be on the board of the football club as result. Without that the AFT is just a talking shop like Pasoti or any other fan run site or organisation you care to name. There is a role there for the fans and the Trust, it just hasn’t been taken up yet as far as I can see.

N

NorfolkGreen

PL2 3DQ":4smifffe said:
NorfolkGreen":4smifffe said:
PL2 3DQ":4smifffe said:
The Local Planning Authority gives a slapped wrist to the AFT .......

The report also criticised the Argyle Fans Trust for “objecting the plans after not consulting fans who support the redevelopment” and claim “they are trying to represent their own views rather than those of all Argyle supporters.”

So they didn’t actually do this then?

Out of all the public comments it was significant enough to be included in the report by the planning committee.

I’m not au fait with planning proces but it seems a little unfair to say the planning authority gave the AFT a slap on the wrist, when it is simply sharing comments submitted as part of the planning process.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
GreenArmy1984":cl9k2mxw said:
Visiting Plymouth yesterday for Liam Gallagher gig and The Home Park Grandstand Revamp with ice rink with be a massive boost for the city of Plymouth

Well done PAFC

No there’s still stage 2 of phase 2 ;-)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The Duke":ul84ulqt said:
GreenArmy1984":ul84ulqt said:

Well done PAFC

No there’s still stage 2 of phase 2 ;-)

Precisely. I hope stage 1 will not be our stadium complete but stage 2 at the very least.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, I’d love to see Phase 2 complete sooner rather than later, it would complete our stadium in so many ways.

Mar 8, 2016
SwimWithTheTide":2k4e32iz said:
Not gonna happen. Phase 2 is just a pretty picture, sadly.

Yeah you're not wrong, is there any images of what the grandstand is going to look like after the first refurbishment? I've only seen images of it completed after phase two which probably won't happen for many many years if at all.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Glad you two seem to know something no one else does. You may suspect that is the case, but some people are less cynical.

I include myself in that statement.

You never know what is around the corner gentlemen. Even if you think you do.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
IJN":1oxyzqbg said:
Glad you two seem to know something no one else does. You may suspect that is the case, but some people are less cynical.

I include myself in that statement.

You never know what is around the corner gentlemen. Even if you think you do.

Exactly. I guess it's a case of glass half empty or full. Im the latter. Otherwise I'd just end up being miserable.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've never seen you miserable mate. Sea sick yes, but never miserable.