Home Park Grandstand , Western Gate & HHP appln submitted | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Grandstand , Western Gate & HHP appln submitted

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Andy_S":1i5swlx5 said:
xmastree":1i5swlx5 said:
It's a pity that every thread of this nature get's dragged into this pro Brent / anti Brent war. I believe most people would rather judge each topic on its merits rather than being pigeon-holed into one extreme or the other. Why are the extremists of each wing unable to see that? Reading through the posts on this thread, there have actually been a number of well-argued contributions. We don't need either the "he's in it for himself", or the "he saved us" on every single thread. Comment on the topic, not on the man.

Easier said than done.

I, for one, wholly reserve the right to "defend" Mr Brent whenever I feel the need to do so.

I am with you on this One Andy, the flack i see James Brent taking despite keeping our club afloat and giving us improvement season after season makes me seriously question the motives of those so dead set against him.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Argyle-sy":3pmesipv said:
Andy_S":3pmesipv said:
IJN":3pmesipv said:
Plenty of parking there, that's for sure.

Sydney Olympic Park - home of Western Sydney Wanderers.

Parking (wait for this one...it's a doozy!)

You can pre-book for $25 a day or for an event it's $5 an hour.

http://www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au/parking

Sydney Olympic Park is a very impressive stadium indeed, better half is currently a season ticket holder at WSW until she moves over here next year, so I watch all their televised matches, they do however play at several stadiums over the course of the season. She is also a big Liverpool fan and saw our replay against them, she couldn't believe the atmosphere at Home park and can't wait to experience it for herself.

I thought they were ensconced in SOP while their stadium was being built.

I stand corrected Sy - it is, however, still $5 an hour to park there for a game of football! :lol:

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Chancellor":3rda60vw said:
Andy_S":3rda60vw said:
xmastree":3rda60vw said:
It's a pity that every thread of this nature get's dragged into this pro Brent / anti Brent war. I believe most people would rather judge each topic on its merits rather than being pigeon-holed into one extreme or the other. Why are the extremists of each wing unable to see that? Reading through the posts on this thread, there have actually been a number of well-argued contributions. We don't need either the "he's in it for himself", or the "he saved us" on every single thread. Comment on the topic, not on the man.

Easier said than done.

I, for one, wholly reserve the right to "defend" Mr Brent whenever I feel the need to do so.

In a true democracy people should also have the right to "question" Mr Brent.

I didn't realise Mr Brent had been voted in! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
You are right in saying there are good questions being asked but wanting the threads to be free of extremist camps and their views is hopeful at best. Pity, as it clouds the subject at hand.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Andy_S":1pmjrqle said:
Chancellor":1pmjrqle said:
Andy_S":1pmjrqle said:
xmastree":1pmjrqle said:

Easier said than done.

Please be kind enough to show me exactly where I have stated that they can't?

Still waiting!

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Andy_S":21nhpk5k said:
Argyle-sy":21nhpk5k said:
Andy_S":21nhpk5k said:
IJN":21nhpk5k said:

Sydney Olympic Park is a very impressive stadium indeed, better half is currently a season ticket holder at WSW until she moves over here next year, so I watch all their televised matches, they do however play at several stadiums over the course of the season. She is also a big Liverpool fan and saw our replay against them, she couldn't believe the atmosphere at Home park and can't wait to experience it for herself.

I stand corrected Sy - it is, however, still $5 an hour to park there for a game of football! :lol:

The amusing thing is Andy is that you have to buy a season ticket for matches at both stadiums as their season tickets don't include every match, just all the matches being player at either stadium.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Chancellor":2rtumlmg said:
Andy_S":2rtumlmg said:
xmastree":2rtumlmg said:

Easier said than done.

They do and have done. In a true democracy people should also have the right to defend JB and not let the criticism become so one sided, perhaps you're just not used to that.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Argyle-sy":16harx5u said:
Andy_S":16harx5u said:
Argyle-sy":16harx5u said:
Andy_S":16harx5u said:
IJN":16harx5u said:

The amusing thing is Andy is that you have to buy a season ticket for matches at both stadiums as their season tickets don't include every match, just all the matches being player at either stadium.

I had a look around all/most of the Aussie football grounds and every single one of them charges. A lot of them are in cahoots with the council/parking company to set the charges. Even parking a mile away can cost $5!!

Mork

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Andy_S":2o8azbzo said:
Argyle-sy":2o8azbzo said:
Argyle-sy":2o8azbzo said:
IJN":2o8azbzo said:

I had a look around all/most of the Aussie football grounds and every single one of them charges. A lot of them are in cahoots with the council/parking company to set the charges. Even parking a mile away can cost $5!!
Bullsh1t! There's loads of parking without charges, point is, there is parking. Rock up to Home Park at 2.00, there's no parking, wether you want to pay for it or not.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Argyle-sy":ex19um5d said:
Andy_S":ex19um5d said:
IJN":ex19um5d said:

Sorry mate, I disagree. A huge white elephant built to far out of town, if you end up behind one of the goals, you need binoculars to view the game. Loads of parking though.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Guiri Green":sosmehvu said:
Mork":sosmehvu said:
Pettgreen":sosmehvu said:
I'm getting the impression amongst most that James Brent is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I'm just glad that A, I have a club to support and B, There is clear progress on all fronts.

Finally, when the poo hits the fan in the markets, Argyle will one of the few able to weather the storm and that thought pleases me that I support a secure club.
OMG! Move on FFS.
We have a problem with parking as it is, I've bored people with threads on this previously. These plans will make this even worse. I hope the application fails. We don't need, require or want a hotel or ice rink, where facilities for our football club should be.

You hope it fails ? Fails because a bloke on the other side of the world couldn't park where and when he wanted before he emigrated to the Colonies - heard it all now !
No! I hope it fails because there's an ice rink & hotel included, without any guarantee phase 2 will happen.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
rsp4":23a4t30x said:
Mork":23a4t30x said:
Pettgreen":23a4t30x said:
I'm getting the impression amongst most that James Brent is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I'm just glad that A, I have a club to support and B, There is clear progress on all fronts.

Finally, when the poo hits the fan in the markets, Argyle will one of the few able to weather the storm and that thought pleases me that I support a secure club.
OMG! Move on FFS.
We have a problem with parking as it is, I've bored people with threads on this previously. These plans will make this even worse. I hope the application fails. We don't need, require or want a hotel or ice rink, where facilities for our football club should be.

Utter Joke of a reply. Why the OMG!!!!!!!!
Its not Argyles job to supply 100% parking adjacent to the ground for the saturday fans. There are plenty of buses which a lot of people catch and Parking in the area is ok compared to a lot of grounds. Even walking for those that live within a couple of mile radius. As for hoping the planning application fails that is ridiculous.

You probably have a valid point to make but wow interpersonal skills need refining.

One word for someone like you .................
The OMG is for the "I'm glad we still have a club " etc comments.
Two words for someone like me....... Not gullible!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I can think of some other words....

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
justanotherfan":25o8omhr said:
Mork":25o8omhr said:
Pettgreen":25o8omhr said:

OMG! Move on FFS.

Plymouths loss is Australias gain. :twisted:
I'm wounded! Very hurtful.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Biggs":xzn2ehbp said:
I can think of some other words....
:lol: I'm not that bad Biggsy.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Isondil":3b6zt8az said:
Mork":3b6zt8az said:
Pettgreen":3b6zt8az said:

OMG! Move on FFS.

I've always wondered...what does it feel like to be so obtuse?
The additional facilities, including conferencing, hotels and icerink and additional hospitality expand potential revenue streams, increasing the amount of money that passes through the club. Managed correctly this means more money which means a bigger budget.

While on match days parking is a premium, for the rest of the time there is ample parking. For the sake of about 18 Saturday's a two story carpark to increase space is useless and would bring in less revenues than the aforementioned.
Can you please enlighten me as to how a ice rink and hotel are going to improve our revenue streams?