HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Change it to a link please Biggsy

Edit: cheers!

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Emeraldinho":25telofn said:
Funny innit, somebody started a ppost about this very subject about 2-3 weeks ago and well and truly jumped on for moaning about the state of the place. Now suddenly its a good idea (which, of course, it is). :think:

I was just about to make the same point. Though I think they were jumped upon for suggesting the work should be done by voluntary labour, whereas the "jumper-onners" reckoned it should be paid for by James Brent and PAFC.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
This is something the club would do well to get behind and any supporter who turned up who loves getting stuck in would really enjoy. Last Saturday around 25 of us spent the entire day at Blaize Park, home of St Blazey. Cleaned and re painted the grandstand, cut all the grass around the pitch, cleaned advertising boards etc etc. Hard work but after the ground looked much better. The club laid on soft drinks and bacon baps etc. Really good day with a few players and even the manager helping. Now I no its on a different scale but no reason a few areas of the ground couldn't be tidyed up to really show off the lovely ground we do have.

Oct 14, 2013
loyal1970":p0tp6mu4 said:
can the club get some fencing from bond timber to run down the side behind the main stand / car park at least that would look a bit neater.

I start my years placement down there next month, lovely people who I'm sure would be happy to support their local team once again!

Aug 10, 2006
young green":p1kxkpp4 said:
loyal1970":p1kxkpp4 said:
can the club get some fencing from bond timber to run down the side behind the main stand / car park at least that would look a bit neater.

I start my years placement down there next month, lovely people who I'm sure would be happy to support their local team once again!
wonderful but what has that got to do with what I said.

Oct 14, 2013
loyal1970":19nqs3lj said:
young green":19nqs3lj said:
loyal1970":19nqs3lj said:

wonderful but what has that got to do with what I said.

I'm supporting your idea. Putting weight behind another's opinion can only help its cause no?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
pedro91":1nr5snsy said:
What do the groundsmen do during the close season?

Watch the grass grow :thumbup:

Feb 9, 2011
argyledad":1bwwatgn said:
The iconic 1930's facade is being repainted with funds to be donated by the Argyle Fan's Trust.

:nworthy: with a little help from our friends :whistle:

Jun 8, 2014
pedro91":3m38g61u said:
What do the groundsmen do during the close season?

Work on the pitch?

There's a hell of a lot to do around, and even then they probably deserve a decent break. They do work basically every weekday and every other weekend during the season.

A lot more goes into it than you would expect.

T

Tim Chown

grumps":2v2v8ijc said:
argyledad":2v2v8ijc said:
The iconic 1930's facade is being repainted with funds to be donated by the Argyle Fan's Trust.

Yup - a great example of fans and community pulling together. The signage is now down as preparation begins on the iconic Mayflower gates. The students will do the bulk of the work and the AFT is covering the cost of materials. Will hopefully look pristine for the promotion season.

Tim

Feb 9, 2011
Tim Chown":3ii0ziyu said:
grumps":3ii0ziyu said:
argyledad":3ii0ziyu said:

Yup - a great example of fans and community pulling together. The signage is now down as preparation begins on the iconic Mayflower gates. The students will do the bulk of the work and the AFT is covering the cost of materials. Will hopefully look pristine for the promotion season.
Tim

Again you forget to mention the work by the club staff and G T's in all of this it really is a team effort :thumbs: