HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
dellaclearing":27kyrcl1 said:
How difficult / expensive would it be to do something like this?

Not my best work but you get the idea! Instead of a wall of colour 2 or 3 times a season lets paint one permanently onto the Mayflower steps! The new Grandstand isn't coming any time soon and the Mayflower steps are a real eyesore! Also, I've never seen anything like this at any other ground so it would be unique to Argyle!

The design doesn't have to be like this, we could just do green with a white stripe every 20 feet if it's cheaper than painting "ARGYLE", or "PAFC" or whatever, this was just to show the idea. Best to keep it simple though as anything more complex would be a shame to lose in a few years time when we finally build a new Grandstand.

Something like this would look great (IMO), we could still lay flags over it, and we could all still stand on it if they ever let safe standing back! Regardless, I think it'd look a lot more presentable than it does now while turning one of Home Park's weaknesses into a strong point.

If anyone knows the surface area of the Mayflower we could work out how much paint would be needed to colour it?

Lilac paint may be cheaper!!! :lol:

Brilliant idea mate, painting the terrace area would really help the dull grey concrete.

Green Rhino":blucj4xw said:
dellaclearing":blucj4xw said:

Not my best work but you get the idea! Instead of a wall of colour 2 or 3 times a season lets paint one permanently onto the Mayflower steps! The new Grandstand isn't coming any time soon and the Mayflower steps are a real eyesore! Also, I've never seen anything like this at any other ground so it would be unique to Argyle!

The design doesn't have to be like this, we could just do green with a white stripe every 20 feet if it's cheaper than painting "ARGYLE", or "PAFC" or whatever, this was just to show the idea. Best to keep it simple though as anything more complex would be a shame to lose in a few years time when we finally build a new Grandstand.

Something like this would look great (IMO), we could still lay flags over it, and we could all still stand on it if they ever let safe standing back! Regardless, I think it'd look a lot more presentable than it does now while turning one of Home Park's weaknesses into a strong point.

If anyone knows the surface area of the Mayflower we could work out how much paint would be needed to colour it?

Love it - let's do it! (in green!!)

I like this idea! What say you - Lilac Rhino? :funny:

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Glynn":269bzdck said:
dellaclearing":269bzdck said:

Brilliant idea mate, painting the terrace area would really help the dull grey concrete.
My new paint sprayer is raring to get at it :thumbup:

M

Monkey Nuts

Great idea but.....that's one hell of a lot of paint!! I wonder who would pay for that?

Dec 20, 2011
Andrew Owen":26xgve4f said:
The only thing that would look "great" in the mayflower terrace is people.
This .

We need folk behind the dug outs , nothing wrong with a bit of "friendly sledging " of the opposition management and officials.... :greensmile:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
John Eldridge":2om8wc3k said:
Andrew Owen":2om8wc3k said:
This .

We need folk behind the dug outs , nothing wrong with a bit of "friendly sledging " of the opposition management and officials.... :greensmile:

Of course, but that can't happen. Terracing is illegal and the 100k it would take to get the seats installed is prohibitive and would better spent on many other things.

The paint job looks great.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Biggs":3neov9cn said:
John Eldridge":3neov9cn said:
Andrew Owen":3neov9cn said:
This .

Of course, but that can't happen. Terracing is illegal and the 100k it would take to get the seats installed is prohibitive and would better spent on many other things.

This, in a nutshell.

Jul 19, 2014
Liam Vercoe":clw0uy15 said:
Biggs":clw0uy15 said:
John Eldridge":clw0uy15 said:
Andrew Owen":clw0uy15 said:
This .

This, in a nutshell.
Yes, long term it would be great to get fans back onto the Mayflower, but it's going to be a while before that happens and the space has been completely out of bounds for a few seasons now and seems uglier and sadder to me every year!

Besides, painting it won't stop anybody standing on it if they ever let us back in there so we can still wind up the away dugout!

If anyone knows, or can find, out the dimensions of the Mayflower steps we can work out the entire surface area & hopefully one of our PASOTI members with knowledge and/or experience of painting external concrete may be able to provide us with an estimated cost for materials?
My limited knowledge would say we'd need a pressure washer/hose to clean the whole area and blast away any moss or weeds (maybe our friends at LTC can help provide power tools?), then we'd need a waterproof undercoat and then a couple coats of green on top and then the amount of white or black needed depends on the design?
If we can guess how much something like this would cost we'd know if this was doable or not.

Maybe LTC would be willing to chip in if we let them paint their logo on there somewhere too?!

Dec 20, 2011
You're All glossing over the point I tried to make. Just brushed it aside. Agree with you all but surely we need to paper over the cracks and start with a fresh canvas :coat:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I loathe that part of the ground, plus as John suggests the away management get away Scott free.