HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
John Eldridge":nfd5sppd said:
Andrew Owen":nfd5sppd said:
The only thing that would look "great" in the mayflower terrace is people.
This .

We need folk behind the dug outs , nothing wrong with a bit of "friendly sledging " of the opposition management and officials.... :greensmile:
could argyle move the dug outs to the lyndhurst side?away bench would "brick it" i reckon.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Steve Evans":13vbvmkf said:
John Eldridge":13vbvmkf said:
Andrew Owen":13vbvmkf said:
This .

We need folk behind the dug outs , nothing wrong with a bit of "friendly sledging " of the opposition management and officials.... :greensmile:
could argyle move the dug outs to the lyndhurst side?away bench would "brick it" i reckon.

Could they be that upset by the whining?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Steve Evans":1dkoqpz6 said:
John Eldridge":1dkoqpz6 said:
Andrew Owen":1dkoqpz6 said:
This .

I am sure this will happen when the Grandstand work gets under way. :)

Jul 19, 2014
How about this:

Based on the wall of colour display from home game vs Exeter a couple of seasons ago, 1-0 (Banton).

Incidentally my Dad and I both missed Banton's goal in that game as we were still finishing off our half time beers!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":1qm4ec6a said:
I loathe that part of the ground, plus as John suggests the away management get away Scott free.

Are the Green Army really horrible obnoxious people who want to sledge all opponents because I have never known them to be? Okay, I understand there may be occasions when the likes of Steve Evans or Graham Westley are performing their antics on the touching, but that isn't every week.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3mvklonn said:
How much would it cost to buy the facade and Mayflower gates? The AFT could buy it from the club, own it and maintain it because it belongs to the fans.

Whenever it's pulled down and rebuilt within a new grandstand (which was the original plan) it would still be ours.

The club would also receive an injection of cash.

There was talk of fans buying the Home Park pitch as Chelsea fans have done at Stamford Bridge, instead we could buy the iconic Mayflower entrance.

Does it not belong to the council now rather than the club?

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Lundan Cabbie":1ghelzst said:
PL2 3DQ":1ghelzst said:
How much would it cost to buy the facade and Mayflower gates? The AFT could buy it from the club, own it and maintain it because it belongs to the fans.

Whenever it's pulled down and rebuilt within a new grandstand (which was the original plan) it would still be ours.

The club would also receive an injection of cash.

There was talk of fans buying the Home Park pitch as Chelsea fans have done at Stamford Bridge, instead we could buy the iconic Mayflower entrance.

Does it not belong to the council now rather than the club?

We looked at how to save the Mayflower entrance, when the ill-fated PASB was helping to provide the voice of the supporters (I think it was Peggy P who first raised it).

I know that the entrance was examined, & recall that it was found to be made of mostly unstable concrete over some block work.

There wasn't a chance of moving it without destroying it. JB had asked the designers to see if it could be replicated & built elsewhere, if HHP had gone ahead; the garden of rememberence was the favoured option.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lundan Cabbie":l8zo7vxf said:
IJN":l8zo7vxf said:
I loathe that part of the ground, plus as John suggests the away management get away Scott free.

Are the Green Army really horrible obnoxious people who want to sledge all opponents because I have never known them to be? Okay, I understand there may be occasions when the likes of Steve Evans or Graham Westley are performing their antics on the touching, but that isn't every week.

I only speak for myself Albert.

Not every week obviously but at times it was a lot of fun to banter with the away entourage. Some of us cut our teeth against Barry Fry, Kenny Dalgleish and Ian Dowie.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Indeed. As a kid I was in awe of Rex the big bearded bus driver giving the opposition bench both barrels.