HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups

T

Tim Chown

Hi,

The facade refresh came out of a proposal the Trust put to the club a few weeks ago. We made the same observation as Green Rhino, and approached the club. We offered to have a local decorator do the work, with the Trust covering the cost. Martyn Starnes got back to us and said they'd like to do the work through the students instead, so we agreed (community involvement obviously being good!) and agreed to cover the cost of materials. Now the work is going ahead, the wider team effort is great to see - everyone's contribution is very welcome!

The other tidying up that Green Rhino mentions also needs doing - it would seem that organising one or more weekends before next season to crack on with that would be good too.

Tim

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Tim, rather than just a cosmetic approach,why doesn't the trust offer to install some seating in the mayflower terrace and get the club back to how it once was.....

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
oddball":2xgwsb6b said:
Tim, rather than just a cosmetic approach,why doesn't the trust offer to install some seating in the mayflower terrace and get the club back to how it once was.....

I like the sound of that. Surely we could build sections of it. Those rail standing/seats sound great and perhaps we could club together to get something moving.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
How on Earth could the AFT pay for that?

Stay real peeps.

T

Tim Chown

IJN":j8mmazte said:

Stay real peeps.

We would certainly support safe standing in (part of) the new grandstand design, e.g. the lower tier. Rail seating seems to be going ahead at Celtic soon.

Tim

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Tim Chown":2008z9y3 said:
Hi,

The facade refresh came out of a proposal the Trust put to the club a few weeks ago. We made the same observation as Green Rhino, and approached the club. We offered to have a local decorator do the work, with the Trust covering the cost. Martyn Starnes got back to us and said they'd like to do the work through the students instead, so we agreed (community involvement obviously being good!) and agreed to cover the cost of materials. Now the work is going ahead, the wider team effort is great to see - everyone's contribution is very welcome!

The other tidying up that Green Rhino mentions also needs doing - it would seem that organising one or more weekends before next season to crack on with that would be good too.

Tim

Great work by the Trust and everyone else involved - and thanks for the update Tim.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Love to see standing back in the Mayflower.

I was referring to the suggestion that the AFT could afford to pay for it.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Well Done AFT & Great to see Home Park Main Turnstiles entrance being painted Ready for next season

Would love to see standing on the mayflower enclosure again - Safe Standing project would be Great

Argyle Fans Trust :thumbs:

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Old Gunner":3ln701g2 said:
IJN":3ln701g2 said:

Stay real peeps.

They couldn't--although the following link provides an interesting business case for rail seats/safe standing.
http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/ ... iness-case

A rather liberal (& arguably somewhat misleading) use of the term 'business case' by the authors of the article!

I'm in favour of a return to limited standing, but don't forget the law needs to be changed first....

Jul 19, 2014
How difficult / expensive would it be to do something like this?

Not my best work but you get the idea! Instead of a wall of colour 2 or 3 times a season lets paint one permanently onto the Mayflower steps! The new Grandstand isn't coming any time soon and the Mayflower steps are a real eyesore! Also, I've never seen anything like this at any other ground so it would be unique to Argyle!

The design doesn't have to be like this, we could just do green with a white stripe every 20 feet if it's cheaper than painting "ARGYLE", or "PAFC" or whatever, this was just to show the idea. Best to keep it simple though as anything more complex would be a shame to lose in a few years time when we finally build a new Grandstand.

Something like this would look great (IMO), we could still lay flags over it, and we could all still stand on it if they ever let safe standing back! Regardless, I think it'd look a lot more presentable than it does now while turning one of Home Park's weaknesses into a strong point.

If anyone knows the surface area of the Mayflower we could work out how much paint would be needed to colour it?

Lilac paint may be cheaper!!! :lol:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
How much would it cost to buy the facade and Mayflower gates? The AFT could buy it from the club, own it and maintain it because it belongs to the fans.

Whenever it's pulled down and rebuilt within a new grandstand (which was the original plan) it would still be ours.

The club would also receive an injection of cash.

There was talk of fans buying the Home Park pitch as Chelsea fans have done at Stamford Bridge, instead we could buy the iconic Mayflower entrance.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
dellaclearing":2sckupdr said:

Not my best work but you get the idea! Instead of a wall of colour 2 or 3 times a season lets paint one permanently onto the Mayflower steps! The new Grandstand isn't coming any time soon and the Mayflower steps are a real eyesore! Also, I've never seen anything like this at any other ground so it would be unique to Argyle!

The design doesn't have to be like this, we could just do green with a white stripe every 20 feet if it's cheaper than painting "ARGYLE", or "PAFC" or whatever, this was just to show the idea. Best to keep it simple though as anything more complex would be a shame to lose in a few years time when we finally build a new Grandstand.

Something like this would look great (IMO), we could still lay flags over it, and we could all still stand on it if they ever let safe standing back! Regardless, I think it'd look a lot more presentable than it does now while turning one of Home Park's weaknesses into a strong point.

If anyone knows the surface area of the Mayflower we could work out how much paint would be needed to colour it?

It would certainly tidy up that area and be something unique in the leagues and give the club a talking point. :scarf:

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
dellaclearing":2zvyubz2 said:

Love it - let's do it! (in green!!)