If Adams goes...... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

If Adams goes......

Sep 28, 2003
London
Quizmike":1kgnc0jz said:
Andy Holland":1kgnc0jz said:
That needless four year contract is going to be an albatross around the neck of the club.

We're going to be stuck with Adams, for good or bad.

Not if he walks

Why on earth would he?

The man has a mortgage to pay, you presumably wouldn't want into voluntary unemployment and neither would he, nor should he be expected to.

We never should have given him that contract, we certainly didn't need to.

Aug 5, 2005
Andy Holland":2shn6sal said:
Quizmike":2shn6sal said:
Andy Holland":2shn6sal said:
That needless four year contract is going to be an albatross around the neck of the club.

Not if he walks

Why on earth would he?

The man has a mortgage to pay, you presumably wouldn't want into voluntary unemployment and neither would he, nor should he be expected to.

So if we are bottom at Christmas with 8 points and the crowd baying for his head, he'll just carry on like nothing has happened will he?

Sep 28, 2003
London
Quizmike":3nh89m24 said:
Andy Holland":3nh89m24 said:
Quizmike":3nh89m24 said:
Andy Holland":3nh89m24 said:

Not if he walks

Why on earth would he?

So if we are bottom at Christmas with 8 points and the crowd baying for his head, he'll just carry on like nothing has happened will he?

If he wants to, yes! That was the lunacy of giving him that contract, we're hamstrung by it as we won't be able to sack him and he won't give up all that money.

Aug 5, 2005
Andy Holland":1qlxs7qt said:
Quizmike":1qlxs7qt said:
Quizmike":1qlxs7qt said:

Not if he walks

Why on earth would he?

If he wants to, yes! That was the lunacy of giving him that contract, we're hamstrung by it as we won't be able to sack him and he won't give up all that money.

That's what I was getting at Andy. We agree!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Bermudian Green":2grpczj7 said:
green eyed monster":2grpczj7 said:
He'll be here for a while.

Long way to go and a chairman who won't panic (rightly so)

We know he can do it, it's a blip but things need to improve soon

This is a blip?????

Well it does remind me of the Hindenburg (oh, you said Blip! I thought you said blimp).

Mint Green

🇨🇾🇨🇾🇨🇾🇨🇾🇨🇾
✅ Evergreen
Nov 21, 2014
Get Tisdale in

Aug 7, 2010
Something needs to change, thats for sure. But I don't think getting rid of Adams is the answer.
I feel the injuries we have sustained this season to Threlkeld and Taylor, coupled with the disastrous spate of red cards has really hit us hard. Adams has publicly stated he is having to 'overachieve' on a poor budget in comparison to the majority of the other teams in the league, so in that sense surely some of the blame for our position at this moment in the season has to lie with the chairman. I get that we have to live within our means after the horrors we have experienced in the not too distant past, but after we tried so hard and succeeded to get out of league two it would've been worthwhile putting just that extra bit of investment into the club to ensure we are competitive in league one. As for the way forward from here on in.. perhaps the squad needs a shake up.. start Wylde and Ainsworth.. different formation... in all honestly I don't know. But I don't think getting rid of Adams at this stage in the season is the right decision. Just my personal opinion and I respect anyone who disagrees.