If Adams goes...... | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

If Adams goes......

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Meanwhile we loose revenue as thousands of supporters stay away because they are served up inept football. Some on here have their heads in the clouds if they cannot see the malaise seeping into Home Park. Maybe some didn't witness the mass exodus of support at 4.30! Who can blame them?

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
PilgrimZ1R":12zoi6nq said:
GreenArmy1984":12zoi6nq said:
He's going nowhere !

DA won us promotion last season and Defo the right man in charge

Maybe some people should put on the DVD or read the promotion diary tonight

In Adams We Trust :thumbs:

Yes look at the promotion video for last season study each and every match and then you'll ask yourself the same question I did: 'how the hell did we get promoted last season' apart from the obvious points total we were very very fortunate.

How many teams did we really beat with a controlled performance, hardly any, the other teams were always in it, it was edge of the seat stuff. Most of the time I was glad to hear the whistle

Even the matches where it looked like a comfortable scoreline we were often outplayed. I was at the 6-1 v Newport, and they outplayed us for the first 40 minutes or so. And the last home game of the season v Crewe was a shambles until the last 15 minutes. We weren't noticeably better than most League 2 teams.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
He won't go, and nor should he at this stage. The Board will stick with him. But they will, no doubt, be worried about the money coming in. Our home attendances have steadily gone south. Over 11 thousand against Charlton (granted, a bigger club a decent away following), 9,500 against Scunthorpe, then we are looking at just the 8s and 7 against Blackpool. Last seasons average was c9500 wasn't it? So, only a couple of games have been at/above above that average and several well short. We all know we have a hard core and a fickle few thousand. They won't come for tripe.

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
NovaGreen469":140q0p3y said:
Something needs to change, thats for sure. But I don't think getting rid of Adams is the answer.
I feel the injuries we have sustained this season to Threlkeld and Taylor, coupled with the disastrous spate of red cards has really hit us hard. Adams has publicly stated he is having to 'overachieve' on a poor budget in comparison to the majority of the other teams in the league, so in that sense surely some of the blame for our position at this moment in the season has to lie with the chairman. I get that we have to live within our means after the horrors we have experienced in the not too distant past, but after we tried so hard and succeeded to get out of league two it would've been worthwhile putting just that extra bit of investment into the club to ensure we are competitive in league one. As for the way forward from here on in.. perhaps the squad needs a shake up.. start Wylde and Ainsworth.. different formation... in all honestly I don't know. But I don't think getting rid of Adams at this stage in the season is the right decision. Just my personal opinion and I respect anyone who disagrees.
I could not go to yesterdays game but bot MK Dons and Blackpool were dire.Like above I do not think Adams should go , lets face it we cant afford it.
We may well do a yo yo up and down league 1 and 2 to get the finance right to push on from the hell of administration ,that isn't what I want but we need to be realistic sometimes.
What I don't want is excuses from our manager blaming everybody but himself , we need stability and hitting the panic button now is like having Donald Trump with his hand on the button.
We all have varying opinions and I respect that as we all have one goal .
Things will hopefully improve soon , we have a lot to look forward to ,new stand etc which will give us more financial backing as we soo need that to move on , otherwise as said before we could well suffer short term.

H

HPRJohn

Tugboat":2ebtivzw said:
GreenArmy1984":2ebtivzw said:
He's going nowhere !

DA won us promotion last season and Defo the right man in charge

Maybe some people should put on the DVD or read the promotion diary tonight

In Adams We Trust :thumbs:

You spelt I wrong

I thought sweeping statements speaking for an entire fan base without seeking the appropriate opinions was what this club was all about....

FWIW I hope Adams stays. I believe he has earned the right to try and turn things round. Yesterday was bad though...

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Forest of Dean Green":24t49zro said:
He won't go, and nor should he at this stage. The Board will stick with him. But they will, no doubt, be worried about the money coming in. Our home attendances have steadily gone south. Over 11 thousand against Charlton (granted, a bigger club a decent away following), 9,500 against Scunthorpe, then we are looking at just the 8s and 7 against Blackpool. Last seasons average was c9500 wasn't it? So, only a couple of games have been at/above above that average and several well short. We all know we have a hard core and a fickle few thousand. They won't come for tripe.

Polite question. Were you at the last four home games? Goals scored 1, conceded 11, sending offs 4, straight reds 3, shots on target yesterday 0, avoidable injuries in training ? etc. etc.

What stat suggests he shouldn't be clearing his desk a little just in case Brent does care about more than Ice Rinks (I don't know that answer - it is not a dig).

The only thing that could save him is if his senior players support him in private meetings with the board. That we do not know.

I don't mind losing if we put the effort in and play as a team. I do mind finishing every game with 10 men, I do mind violent conduct, I do mind no shots on target, I do mind selecting a team that is so misshapen that it takes me 25 minutes to work out who is playing where, I do mind wasting every Saturday and spending my money on watching carp.

Yes we've been unlucky, yes some things haven't gone for us, but the summer signings were poor (not individually but as a group), Carey being overpaid compared to the rest of last years team appears to have unsettled and Adams refusing to accept anything is wrong is pathetic and insulting.

Just for Patrick though, he is a non-cynical set of observations. The training pitch is looking lovely. I like the kits. The catering / beer is better. The tele's showing the football before the game are well positioned. The pitch is nicely prepared.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Tony_Flags":1bpr1m2w said:
Forest of Dean Green":1bpr1m2w said:

Polite question. Were you at the last four home games? Goals scored 1, conceded 11, sending offs 4, straight reds 3, shots on target yesterday 0, avoidable injuries in training ? etc. etc.

What stat suggests he shouldn't be clearing his desk a little just in case Brent does care about more than Ice Rinks (I don't know that answer - it is not a dig).

The only thing that could save him is if his senior players support him in private meetings with the board. That we do not know.

I don't mind losing if we put the effort in and play as a team. I do mind finishing every game with 10 men, I do mind violent conduct, I do mind no shots on target, I do mind selecting a team that is so misshapen that it takes me 25 minutes to work out who is playing where, I do mind wasting every Saturday and spending my money on watching carp.

Yes we've been unlucky, yes some things haven't gone for us, but the summer signings were poor (not individually but as a group), Carey being overpaid compared to the rest of last years team appears to have unsettled and Adams refusing to accept anything is wrong is pathetic and insulting.

Just for Patrick though, he is a non-cynical set of observations. The training pitch is looking lovely. I like the kits. The catering / beer is better. The tele's showing the football before the game are well positioned. The pitch is nicely prepared.

Ive been to 4 games this season, although I'm always puzzled why people get into that nonsense. 2 home. 2 away, for the purposes of precision. Of course the stat they will have in mind is promotion last season. And his overall win percentage. And they will weight that against whatever budget they have allocated to make their own judgment on achievement levels. His first two seasons will have bought him some time. I don't know any more than you what the end of that time is. My next game will be Wimbledon away. I'd have thought by then if we haven't pulled ourselves round a bit? Some tough games coming up.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
I can accept defeat - Lord knows you have to being an Argyle fan - provided there is something to suggest the next game will be better.

But yesterday was just a total shambles, any self-respecting pub team would have been embarrassed with that.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Forest of Dean Green":va94zr1i said:
Tony_Flags":va94zr1i said:
Forest of Dean Green":va94zr1i said:

Ive been to 4 games this season, although I'm always puzzled why people get into that nonsense. 2 home. 2 away, for the purposes of precision. Of course the stat they will have in mind is promotion last season. And his overall win percentage. And they will weight that against whatever budget they have allocated to make their own judgment on achievement levels. His first two seasons will have bought him some time. I don't know any more than you what the end of that time is. My next game will be Wimbledon away. I'd have thought by then if we haven't pulled ourselves round a bit? Some tough games coming up.

I only ask as the gut wrenching feeling of doom seems worse when in the ground and it could be affecting views.

By being away from events the facts don't change, the passion doesn't diminish etc, but the match day experience heightens the highs and lower the lows.

I am interested if I was away if I would feel so anti-Adams as I do this morning. He achieved so much in two years, but what I have experienced in this season makes me so numb to that.

I didn't mean to infer that by not being there you are not as much of a fan as me. I am simply interested to see if views change based on facts versus experience of events.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Tony_Flags":20w81g5r said:
Forest of Dean Green":20w81g5r said:
Tony_Flags":20w81g5r said:
Forest of Dean Green":20w81g5r said:

I only ask as the gut wrenching feeling of doom seems worse when in the ground and it could be affecting views.

By being away from events the facts don't change, the passion doesn't diminish etc, but the match day experience heightens the highs and lower the lows.

I am interested if I was away if I would feel so anti-Adams as I do this morning. He achieved so much in two years, but what I have experienced in this season makes me so numb to that.

I didn't mean to infer that by not being there you are not as much of a fan as me. I am simply interested to see if views change based on facts versus experience of events.

I don't know if they do or not. I felt gutted about yesterday even though my head was full of the mixed emotions dropping my daughter at Uni; I still had plenty of room for being irritated when I got home. I'm not surrounded by Argyle fans to moan with I guess, although me an my son make a good fist of it on our own. And nobody round here much cares about our fortunes, if they know about us at all. So it's not a hot topic of conversation, and that probably helps. If I had spent three hours on the train down yesterday, and three hours back, my irritation would have been heightened that's for sure. By nature I'm also person that doesn't tend to overreact. I remember being on here at the start of last season and being gobsmacked by some of the nonsense about Adams and we came good then didn't we? I don't, though, have that optimism for this season. Even the most optimistic probably think survival now would be a result. I think what's different is we are now asking ourselves mentally 'where's our level' because 7 years away from the Championship means the world has moved on, and we are now struggling in a league we feel we should be OK in. We've lost ground and it doesn't feel good.