iFollow Argyle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

iFollow Argyle

Are you happy with ifollow

• Yes

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The latest fiasco now is Ifollow says they cannot issue a refund because they were not the provider for Argyle Player.
They say
We appreciate the information provided thus far but to help in the situation we will need proof of the payment in January. Please provide the confirmation email for the purchase in January or the complete details of the charge exactly as those appear on your billing statement.
I have sent them the info twice from my bank statement, I never ever receive a confirmation e-mail, but I received the service on AP so obviously the provider was happy I paid, yet it was ifollow that cut the service off on June 7.
With the new service Expats have no choice whether they want the video service or just exactly what we received from AP it's all or nothing.
The AP service cost me approx. 75 CDN a year, the new service will cost me 190 CDN a year, I do not object to paying the extra to watch all Argyle games live instead of listening to the game, but i'm not going to pay for it until I receive my refund, I received 5 months of service so i'm owed 7 months of service that I did not receive, and this was confirmed by Rob McNichol

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
βœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
So is Argyle Player dead? Nothing has been added to it for weeks and all new videos are club website. Where will the commentaries be online this coming season?

HaroldPWH

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
βœ… Evergreen
πŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Apr 9, 2006
Burbage, Leics
I'm still having my Β£4.49 taken by DD for Argyle World. But as metro says there is nothing new on it. The login for iufolloow isn't recognising my email address - even though it is the correct one....... anyone help on this? I haven't had any comms that I know of...

Koala Green

πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί
βœ… Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Assuming (and that is a big assumption) that this iFollow works - I have to say this is absolutely brilliant, the ability to watch Argyle live , every game for the season, awesome. Admittedly I will need to watch between 2am and 4am for most of the season down here in OZ, but brilliant.

Over the moon about this, isn't technology fantastic! :clap:

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I can log OK into iFollow from the Argyle website using my ArgylePlayer username/password so it sounds like I'm lucky!
There's no sign of a Google App for it, though.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
βœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Yes, Warney, but can you see any link for live commentaries like you did on Player? I can't so what to do when we are out of the Radio Devon footprint but NOT out of the country?

HaroldPWH

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
βœ… Evergreen
πŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Apr 9, 2006
Burbage, Leics
warney":1duscqht said:
I can log OK into iFollow from the Argyle website using my ArgylePlayer username/password so it sounds like I'm lucky!

How did you do that? it asks for an email address on Ifollow rather than a Username like AW did?

Keepitgreen

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
πŸ‡°πŸ‡ͺ Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
βœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
πŸš‘ Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HaroldPWH":1dbgcii7 said:
warney":1dbgcii7 said:

How did you do that? it asks for an email address on Ifollow rather than a Username like AW did?
My subscription runs out in August and I also had to change the log in to an email address and new password before being able to access it.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
HaroldPWH":3dpx8hat said:
warney":3dpx8hat said:

I used the email address I subscribed under (and to which was sent the information regarding AP/iFollow).

I can't see any link to commentaries or live coverage but hopefully that will come up when there is one.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
HaroldPWH":2ti2exo1 said:
I'm still having my Β£4.49 taken by DD for Argyle World. But as metro says there is nothing new on it. The login for iufolloow isn't recognising my email address - even though it is the correct one....... anyone help on this? I haven't had any comms that I know of...

First you'll need to try the password reset function on the iFollow login via the Argyle website. This was the instruction I was given, but after several attempts and several days waiting my password reset email never arrived.

Following that I contact them to explain and they were able to fix the error within a couple of days. So try a password reset and failing that try contacting them.

I've also emailed them to ask if there is going to be an app. Playing videos through the browser is not particularly user friendly at the moment, the video seems to stretch behind the "frame" and so I cannot always use the full screen function and it's fiddly to fix.

Little things as well, such as the videos will no longer play through the browser on my Xbox so I cannot watch highlights on the Tele. It's all just a bit less user friendly than the previous Argyle player.

I've also asked how the commentary function will appear as there's no indication as to where this will be located once the season starts.

Keepitgreen

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
πŸ‡°πŸ‡ͺ Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
βœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
πŸš‘ Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":6bu17rg4 said:
HaroldPWH":6bu17rg4 said:

First you'll need to try the password reset function on the iFollow login via the Argyle website. This was the instruction I was given, but after several attempts and several days waiting my password reset email never arrived.

Following that I contact them to explain and they were able to fix the error within a couple of days. So try a password reset and failing that try contacting them.

I've also emailed them to ask if there is going to be an app.Playing videos through the browser is not particularly user friendly at the moment, the video seems to stretch behind the "frame" and so I cannot always use the full screen function and it's fiddly to fix.

Little things as well, such as the videos will no longer play through the browser on my Xbox so I cannot watch highlights on the Tele. It's all just a bit less user friendly than the previous Argyle player.

I've also asked how the commentary function will appear as there's no indication as to where this will be located once the season starts.
This is on the site, hope it helps:

We will be launching a mobile app for iOS (Apple store) and Android (Google Play Store) devices shortly.

You will be able to download the app, login using your credentials and view this content.

May 16, 2016
Bit annoyed now as I'm payed up until December, however, the old app doesn't work any longer and my Android Tablet wont play the videos via the site. I used the Chat facility and was told it doesn't work on Android. I've not tried my old Steam Powered Lap Top yet, not the most convenient option.

I asked when the Andoid App would be available, apparently "before the start of the Season" is the best hope. So, basically, I'm wasting money unless it works on my Lap Top, not the best advert for Argyles' brave new technical partners world.

Edited to add - after a bit of faffing, I can now watch videos if I use Google Chrome. Eagerly awaiting the Android App now.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Thinking about signing up but can you advise how it works do you log onto website then put password into it and watch on laptop / tablet ?
Is it chrome on tablet that allows it to work ? Ideally wantvto use android tablet or phone to view wouldn't be interested in it if stuck to lap top
When the season starts can't the club give you a free weeks trial ?

May 16, 2016
edengreen":2490kpwb said:
Thinking about signing up but can you advise how it works do you log onto website then put password into it and watch on laptop / tablet ?
Is it chrome on tablet that allows it to work ? Ideally wantvto use android tablet or phone to view wouldn't be interested in it if stuck to lap top
When the season starts can't the club give you a free weeks trial ?

Sign in / up via the Club Website. I've got it working on my Android Tablet by using Google Chrome. There is an Android App arriving 'imminently'. No idea if it will be a requirement to have Chrome installed.