iFollow Argyle | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

iFollow Argyle

Are you happy with ifollow

• Yes

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Does anyone understand how the live streaming subscription works? According to the site you only get live streaming (abroad) with the free service but this doesn't give you live commentary. So if I want live streaming abroad and commentary in the UK it would seem I will need two subscriptions - one free, one £45! Seems a bit odd to me ...
And will I need to be "abroad" to register for the free service and in the UK to register for the paid one? :crazy:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I am still waiting for my refund from my subscription for AP, I will not sign onto ifollow until I do. As far as i'm concerned it is a ripoff for expats.
Ifollow cutoff my subscription to AW on June 7th, when they had informed expats they would do so on June 9th, by which time I would have received my refund, I had renewed in January and I have the confirmation from my credit card statement that I paid and I received the service from January to June 7th. By Rob McNicholl's (Argyle Communications) own statement I was owed 7 months refund, all I have been given is the runaround from ifollow, 3 times I have been asked to provide proof I paid, each time I have now they want proof of the confirmation e-mail saying I had paid, I have never received a e-mail saying this, my proof is I have received the service.
I have sent them a number of reminders asking where my refund is, and they just ignore them. For expats the cost of the service has gone from approx. $70 to $190.00, we are not given a choice of do we just want what we had from AP or do we want AP + the video live stuff, IT IS ALL OR NOTHING, until I receive the refund it will be nothing, meaning it will be a long season for me.

Thanks a lot ifollow.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
warney":29wvb84w said:
Does anyone understand how the live streaming subscription works? According to the site you only get live streaming (abroad) with the free service but this doesn't give you live commentary. So if I want live streaming abroad and commentary in the UK it would seem I will need two subscriptions - one free, one £45! Seems a bit odd to me ...
And will I need to be "abroad" to register for the free service and in the UK to register for the paid one? :crazy:

Live streaming is only available to residents outside the UK. It's definitely not free.

In the UK we get commentary as per before and it's about £45 for the season.

Oct 18, 2006
After almost 3 weeks with no reply from iplayer i am giving up. I might sub if it gets sorted out come he start of the season but currently for me its a shambles, AW had its moments but at least it worked.

May 16, 2016
My concern is will the UK registered Commentary option work for the periods of the Season I'm not in the UK. I don't want to faff about with VPNs etc as the way it's worked up until now has been sufficient for my needs.

I dont want to pay the extra for outside UK use as I'm not too worried about live streaming,the "pictures" are better through my headphones, plus I don't have to stare at my tablet for a couple of hours.

I like AW (don't use it at home) but if it's a case of having no choice other than paying the higher price for the Streaming Service on top of my ST and travel costs, I will go without and deprive someone of my cash.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
SwimWithTheTide":3dx8oepe said:
warney":3dx8oepe said:

Live streaming is only available to residents outside the UK. It's definitely not free.

In the UK we get commentary as per before and it's about £45 for the season.

Yes, sorry! Got my crosses and ticks mixed up... :doh: I'm still a bit confused though! Presumably if I'm in the UK I can't register for the live streaming package until I'm abroad. But presumably I will then still be able to listen to commentary when I'm in the UK? I don't want to fork out for two paid subscriptions!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I'm guessing there will be less restrictions with a UK package working abroad than the live streaming working in the UK, but it has all been a bit unclear and rushed.

Releasing the new service with no app in place or definite app release date is poor. The new website is less compatible with devices now also.

pilgrim daz

🇧🇳🇧🇳🇧🇳🇧🇳🇧🇳🇧🇳
Jan 6, 2006
Muara, Brunei
Another disappointed ex AW subscriber here. Living in a time zone 7 hours ahead of UK I was more than happy with the live commentary option. I can't imagine sitting up half the night starring at my computer screen watching the live feed especially at the much increased cost. Why isn't there an over seas option that gives the same Service as before? I won't be renewing the subscription as things stand.

Guiri Green":2px46qia said:
edengreen":2px46qia said:
Thinking about signing up but can you advise how it works do you log onto website then put password into it and watch on laptop / tablet ?
Is it chrome on tablet that allows it to work ? Ideally wantvto use android tablet or phone to view wouldn't be interested in it if stuck to lap top
When the season starts can't the club give you a free weeks trial ?

Sign in / up via the Club Website. I've got it working on my Android Tablet by using Google Chrome. There is an Android App arriving 'imminently'. No idea if it will be a requirement to have Chrome installed.

This will probably sound silly, but how do you know you've got it working? I can see the Luke interview from the Saltash game, if that helps.

May 16, 2016
Bermudian Green":nr59v3k3 said:
Guiri Green":nr59v3k3 said:
edengreen":nr59v3k3 said:
Thinking about signing up but can you advise how it works do you log onto website then put password into it and watch on laptop / tablet ?
Is it chrome on tablet that allows it to work ? Ideally wantvto use android tablet or phone to view wouldn't be interested in it if stuck to lap top
When the season starts can't the club give you a free weeks trial ?

Sign in / up via the Club Website. I've got it working on my Android Tablet by using Google Chrome. There is an Android App arriving 'imminently'. No idea if it will be a requirement to have Chrome installed.

This will probably sound silly, but how do you know you've got it working? I can see the Luke interview from the Saltash game, if that helps.

After logging in using Chrome I was able to view videos from the Archive as I did on the old AW.

Not seen or tried any audio comms yet. My subscription runs out in December, I'll be both on the UK and abroad before then so time will tell if I'm denied commentary when away.

I wont renew if my only non UK option is live steam only.

Oct 24, 2013
Late to this; UK based subscription to Argyle Player expires end of December. No updated content on the iOS app, went into iFollow website and didn't recognise my password and allegedly sent me a password reset email. This was on Saturday, as of yet no email has been received. Don't want to lose any money on a service that no longer exists.

Can one of you good people let me know what I need to do next and who I need to contact? Cheers.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Dreamgreen":pt430bm5 said:
tonsk":pt430bm5 said:
Looks like you access it via the official club app and not a separate one.
Just about to return from our holiday in Calpe, and visited Alicante yesterday!

tonsk

... and I will be in Moraira in a couple of weeks. We should have a holiday tab on PASOTI.
Look out for Sam Allardyce - I understand he has a large home there.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
iFollow strikes me as a worthy concept, but one that is woefully short of development and real-world testing.

It appears it's being rolled out without all the customer use-cases identified and back-office support functions in place, let alone tested - and that's assuming the basic technical architecture is designed, implemented and commissioned.

Personally I'd be very wary right now.