James Brent??? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

James Brent???

Aug 10, 2006
memory man":ubez00o3 said:
loyal1970":ubez00o3 said:
any chance the (owner) may come out with some sort of statement regarding the direction the club will take or is that too much to expect.

Your view earlier was "why would we have to pay brent owns the club tough sh1te if he aint got the money". I suppose the owner could say that he owns the club and if anyone is waiting for a statement regarding the direction the club will take then it is "tough sh1te" because he doesn't have to make such a statement.
you are probably right although a normal owner of a club would, you can't expect one from a mickey mouse owner who probably does not know himself.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
loyal1970":2gv4mzxo said:
memory man":2gv4mzxo said:
loyal1970":2gv4mzxo said:
any chance the (owner) may come out with some sort of statement regarding the direction the club will take or is that too much to expect.

Your view earlier was "why would we have to pay brent owns the club tough sh1te if he aint got the money". I suppose the owner could say that he owns the club and if anyone is waiting for a statement regarding the direction the club will take then it is "tough sh1te" because he doesn't have to make such a statement.
you are probably right although a normal owner of a club would, you can't expect one from a mickey mouse owner who probably does not know himself.

List the other club chairmen who have made statements regarding next season.....

Apr 15, 2008
London
memory man":30l64y9f said:

I get the impression that some people on here will be outraged when James Brent doesn't phone them up and ask how their day is going, report on John Sheridan's whereabouts and what he had for Sunday lunch.

Are people really so childish they want daily statements on what direction the club is going?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Mark Pedlar":11stb2i8 said:
loyal1970":11stb2i8 said:
memory man":11stb2i8 said:
loyal1970":11stb2i8 said:

List the other club chairmen who have made statements regarding next season.....
there aren't many mark but i feel we should say what sheffield united have said "A change in direction was necessary for the forthcoming season."i know james brent money is tied up and this is almost impossible for us to do.i am just hoping that a northern club in this division have their manager poached by another so that they take sheridan off our hands.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I guess some people don't like to feel excluded from what's going on - I'm probably one of them. Thing is, some times there is no choice but to wait. Sadly this is one of those occasions.

My interpretation is that the manager wants away but understandably would prefer to be sacked or given some kind of golden handshake. The owner possibly is happy to see the back of the manager but doesn't want to pay him any compensation.

If that scenario is right - there is a deal to be done which involves 'mutual consent', what the manager feels he will save in travel costs, other job options, what the replacement will cost etc. It will take time.

From the club's perspective there is nothing they can say without compromising themselves. Time wise, the longer it goes on the more issues that could be created for the footballing side of the club.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Steve Evans":nw2ychi4 said:
there aren't many mark but i feel we should say what sheffield united have said "A change in direction was necessary for the forthcoming season."i know james brent money is tied up and this is almost impossible for us to do.i am just hoping that a northern club in this division have their manager poached by another so that they take sheridan off our hands.

If you read the post I put just above I think I explained why I don't think that is possible (regardless of what we all may want!). Sheffield Utd aren't just existing admin. with a chairman who is trying to run the club on a financially sound basis.

Personally, I still favour booting him upstairs or putting him out to grass until he can find something else - that does mean a cheap option as a manager, probably from within the existing coaching team..... Wonder how much a local resident with some experience would want to do a couple of days a week as an advisor?

Aug 7, 2013
Mark Pedlar":30pfn4zk said:
Steve Evans":30pfn4zk said:

If you read the post I put just above I think I explained why I don't think that is possible (regardless of what we all may want!). Sheffield Utd aren't just existing admin. with a chairman who is trying to run the club on a financially sound basis.

Personally, I still favour booting him upstairs or putting him out to grass until he can find something else - that does mean a cheap option as a manager, probably from within the existing coaching team..... Wonder how much a local resident with some experience would want to do a couple of days a week as an advisor?

Would you be happy with McCarthy and Wottsy taken over until we find a suitable manager to replace JS once JB gives him to boot?
Or do you think Warnock would fill the void on a temp basis?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
jbeale1986":11f6019i said:
Would you be happy with McCarthy and Wottsy taken over until we find a suitable manager to replace JS once JB gives him to boot?

it wouldn't be "the boot" it would be saying to him, "thanks for all your hard work but we think it's best you took a rest". I can't see Wotton and McCarthy being any worse in the day to day management role but their contacts may not be as good so if it was me (which thankfully for all concerned it's not!) I would be asking Warnock to do a 2-3 day a week DoF role to help and advise the younger two. In a year's time we would know if it's working, Sheridan would be at the end of his contract and we could start again.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mark Pedlar":1ycznz1r said:
jbeale1986":1ycznz1r said:

it wouldn't be "the boot" it would be saying to him, "thanks for all your hard work but we think it's best you took a rest". I can't see Wotton and McCarthy being any worse in the day to day management role but their contacts may not be as good so if it was me (which thankfully for all concerned it's not!) I would be asking Warnock to do a 2-3 day a week DoF role to help and advise the younger two. In a year's time we would know if it's working, Sheridan would be at the end of his contract and we could start again.

How do McCarthy and Wotts 'qualify' for the job? Either we have a manager (yuk! :sad: ) or we have a vacancy (hurrah! :thumbs: ). If we have a vacancy then it should be open to applicants from interested candidates with a mechanism (advisers?) to get the 'best' candidate for the job.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Pogleswoody":1yo2q64t said:
Mark Pedlar":1yo2q64t said:
jbeale1986":1yo2q64t said:

How do McCarthy and Wotts 'qualify' for the job? Either we have a manager (yuk! :sad: ) or we have a vacancy (hurrah! :thumbs: ). If we have a vacancy then it should be open to applicants from interested candidates with a mechanism (advisers?) to get the 'best' candidate for the job.

The discussion was around cost and options. I would agree that if money isn't a problem then there should be open competition.

McCarthy has had a spell in management at Truro (though not a great success). Both have passed all or most of the relevant qualifications for coaching.