James Brent??? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

James Brent???

pilgrimmike1":y3au0q1o said:
We will recieve 12.5% of the pot once all expenses have been taken out not including the tv money which goes to the FA. Not a lot I grant you but it's still a bit of unbudgeted income and as they say, every little helps.

It shouldn't be unbudgeted income though, as we knew we would get something, just not exactly how much. It might be less than we budgeted for even ;)

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Bermudian Green":3u7hvsuq said:
pilgrimmike1":3u7hvsuq said:
We will recieve 12.5% of the pot once all expenses have been taken out not including the tv money which goes to the FA. Not a lot I grant you but it's still a bit of unbudgeted income and as they say, every little helps.

It shouldn't be unbudgeted income though, as we knew we would get something, just not exactly how much. It might be less than we budgeted for even ;)
Budgets are set at the begining of the season and therefore play off bonuses could not be included, unless the budget was set by Mystic Meg. :scarf:

Dec 7, 2006
pilgrimmike1":24i6lz4m said:
kernow19":24i6lz4m said:
philevs":24i6lz4m said:
Unfortunately, it could be that the Chairman sees this season as a huge success financially, particularly with the income from the playoffs, so his vision of things may be entirely different from that of the supporters.

I understood that most of the pot for the two play-off matches went, not to the clubs involved, but the F.A. and that because of this, we would be lucky if we broke even?
Bit of a bugger though when Argyle put so much of that pot money IN.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
FordGreen":2vwa4ifk said:
pilgrimmike1":2vwa4ifk said:
kernow19":2vwa4ifk said:
philevs":2vwa4ifk said:
Unfortunately, it could be that the Chairman sees this season as a huge success financially, particularly with the income from the playoffs, so his vision of things may be entirely different from that of the supporters.

I understood that most of the pot for the two play-off matches went, not to the clubs involved, but the F.A. and that because of this, we would be lucky if we broke even?
Bit of a bugger though when Argyle put so much of that pot money IN.
There's the rub and as far as we are concerned it hardly seems fair but thems the rules.

pilgrimmike1":1wrcsdz0 said:
Budgets are set at the begining of the season and therefore play off bonuses could not be included, unless the budget was set by Mystic Meg. :scarf:

Ahh, but Sheridan did say that his minimum was the play-offs, so it should have been budgeted for :)

My apologies though, for some reason I thought the play-off pot was being shared between the entire division, not just the 4 competing teams. It's been a long week.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Bermudian Green":3st4bw5x said:
pilgrimmike1":3st4bw5x said:

Ahh, but Sheridan did say that his minimum was the play-offs, so it should have been budgeted for :)

My apologies though, for some reason I thought the play-off pot was being shared between the entire division, not just the 4 competing teams. It's been a long week.
Just pleased it's not Sheridan that sets the budget then :problem:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
loyal1970":11l6sap2 said:
any chance the (owner) may come out with some sort of statement regarding the direction the club will take or is that too much to expect.

Your view earlier was "why would we have to pay brent owns the club tough sh1te if he aint got the money". I suppose the owner could say that he owns the club and if anyone is waiting for a statement regarding the direction the club will take then it is "tough sh1te" because he doesn't have to make such a statement.

Jan 14, 2007
I can guarantee that the chairman will be aiming for a top three place next season. How is he going to get us there? Let's just calm down and wait and see.........

Mar 23, 2008
Sounds to me like Brent is pleased with Sheridan, there's only one way he's leaving and that's if he resigns, which he won't do unless he has another opportunity elsewhere. It's all very disappointing and uncontrolled - cue another season of sidelining promising youngsters, poor tactics and a revolving door of loan signings. Ultimately I'm sure we will fall short yet again and by the looks of it repetitive mistakes arnt just exclusive to the dugout, but evident in the boardroom also.

P

pafcstafford

Will people saying young players aren't given a chance please look at the age of this seasons squad

Mar 23, 2008
pafcstafford":r04r625e said:
Will people saying young players aren't given a chance please look at the age of this seasons squad
Apart from Nelson, Mellor and McHugh being OUR players under 23, no-one else has been given any decent run in the team. Your point is?

P

pafcstafford

O Connor, brunt, banton, purrington had plenty last season and you cant just discount others who have been given a chance just because they havent held down a place. Nobody has the right to play including those young with three correct birth certificate.

Aug 7, 2013
Season 1: 21st - Season 2: 21st - Season 3: 10th - Season 4: 7th SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. IMPROVEMENTS!!!

Lets see how we get on next season under Sheridan. Then if we finish off worse, he's a goner for sure. If we get promoted then JB may renew JS contract :)

But for now, cant we all just back him and JB ??

Aug 12, 2011
With all the talk about budgets and where James is taking the club, have a look at the info given if you google him.
Doesn't fill me with confidence! (buy i'm not a money expert)

Director Summary
Director Overview
James Brent holds 22 appointments at 22 active companies, has resigned from 3 companies and held 2 appointments at 2 dissolved companies. James began their first appointment at the age of 42. Their longest current appointment spans 6 years and 10 months at AKKERON GROUP LLP.

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where James holds a current appointment equals £2,858,636, with a combined total current assets value of £20,683,310 and total current liabilities of £36,560,425. :shocked:
Roles associated with James Brent within the recorded businesses include: Director, Llp Designated Member