James Brent??? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

James Brent???

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Mark Pedlar":3rd0976t said:
There is of course, the possibility that the players not offered extensions or new contracts all said they wanted to leave - Allen's reaction kind of goes against that theory but maybe Banton, Norburn and Blizzard had already made up their minds to leave and told the club that.

I thought this but Allessandra and AOC have both said they don't wish to stay and were offered extensions.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
TinTin":399qfbht said:
As I said in my earlier post, a retained list does NOT originate from a Manager about to be fired or to resign.

It does NOT make sense !!

BUT this is Home Park :facepalm:

Keep the Faith :scarf:

We know where the list originated but who delivered it? The list was compiled at least a week ago so maybe Sheridan thought he'd be in a stronger position.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Daddy Kool":20rg9hwi said:
So James you said you know very little about football, well you do now!
Can you now come forward and tell us this is the manager to take us forward?
You have the best fans in the land, we now need someone to take us forward.
Totally appreciate what you have done for the club ,but now is the time to make another big decision.
How can you expect us the fans to carry on with no passion from a manager and no team motivation,hope you have the courage and love for our club to do the right thing quickly !

We have very good fans, no doubt about it, our away support is nothing short of miraculous for a team in our league. The reaction to being 0-3 on Saturday was an experience the likes of which I have never seen at HP in over 50 years, however if we had got behind the team in this manner earlier in the season, when performances/results were going against us, we might not have needed the play-offs. The boos, comments and general vibes, especially from sections of the Lyndy, served only to drop the collective team head even lower. If we wish to take the plaudits for raising the team we must equally take a portion of the blame for demoralising them.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Yeah course, it's the booing of shyte performances that cost us an automatic promotion spot this season.
I'll remember that when we're 2 nil down at home to Accrington next season and apply another layer of facepaint.
I'm sorry Shez, sorry that I shouted that your line up was wrong at Wycombe...sorry for booing you (not the players) at half time when it was clear that your berserk team selection had cost us any chance of completing the come back.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
You never fail to deliver u_t_l.

Aug 12, 2011
Would be great to see Brent come out strong on this. At the moment, and to date, he has done nothing that's had me thinking 'leader of Plymouth Argyle'

C

Connor Clarke

Steve.PAFC2012":2ra1a7za said:
If Sheridan was to leave I think it would have been announced now. Probably nothing to report.
Well nothing has been announced either way. From anyone at the club. We'll probably find out next week.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He wouldn't resign straight away, would you decide such a thing this close to a damaging defeat?

No doubts the player contracts were decided some time ago and set more or less in stone regardless of or play off outcome. I'd imagine that Sheridans told the club that he will go home and sit down with his family over the weekend and decide what's best.

I think the decision is well and truly in his hands and for what it's worth I think he's going.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tugboat":gwrbtuv7 said:
He wouldn't resign straight away, would you decide such a thing this close to a damaging defeat?

No doubts the player contracts were decided some time ago and set more or less in stone regardless of or play off outcome. I'd imagine that Sheridans told the club that he will go home and sit down with his family over the weekend and decide what's best.

I think the decision is well and truly in his hands and for what it's worth I think he's going.

Agree with this 100%.

P

Positively Green

justanotherfan":37d0evh8 said:
Daddy Kool":37d0evh8 said:
So James you said you know very little about football, well you do now!
Can you now come forward and tell us this is the manager to take us forward?
You have the best fans in the land, we now need someone to take us forward.
Totally appreciate what you have done for the club ,but now is the time to make another big decision.
How can you expect us the fans to carry on with no passion from a manager and no team motivation,hope you have the courage and love for our club to do the right thing quickly !

We have very good fans, no doubt about it, our away support is nothing short of miraculous for a team in our league. The reaction to being 0-3 on Saturday was an experience the likes of which I have never seen at HP in over 50 years, however if we had got behind the team in this manner earlier in the season, when performances/results were going against us, we might not have needed the play-offs. The boos, comments and general vibes, especially from sections of the Lyndy, served only to drop the collective team head even lower. If we wish to take the plaudits for raising the team we must equally take a portion of the blame for demoralising them.

I agree with this. Many people are surprised that Jason Banton is leaving HP after showing such promise during the play-offs. I am not. I vividly remember the groans when he received the ball earlier this season which lead to him being dropped from the team and only recently being brought in. Mellor, who was heading towards Player of the Season at one time, had an injury and on his return was given similar treatment.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
We'll find out alot about the current ownership at HP over the summer. While i think Shez has done well i dont see us making any significant improvements next year. The fan base needs something to get excited about again.

The dire football, bottling the most important team selection he has made down here and the fact he has not committed to the area are all factors against. Hopefully he will go now and be remembered as the man who saved us from non league and sowed the seeds of recovery before leaving at the right time.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The most disappointing thing is I've rarely felt like we actually deserved and warranted a playoff place.

I still feel embarrassed that we actually did and wasted an opportunity so flippantly.

That is why I feel we need a fresh head to take us forward, fresh thoughts and fresh slate to push up those performance levels.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Tugboat":2w7gsiw9 said:
The most disappointing thing is I've rarely felt like we actually deserved and warranted a playoff place.

I still feel embarrassed that we actually did and wasted an opportunity so flippantly.

That is why I feel we need a fresh head to take us forward, fresh thoughts and fresh slate to push up those performance levels.

^^^^^ This, it`s a strange feeling.