Jamille Matt on loan - update: extended to end of season | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamille Matt on loan - update: extended to end of season

Jan 12, 2009
Trust Adams for god sake, he wouldn't sign him for no reason, this guy cost fleetwood a lot of money and suffered a bad injury, he's a good player and will help us

Aug 11, 2013
Seems to have a decent enough scoring record for what we can afford (his spell at Stevenage perhaps excluded):-

2010–2013 Kidderminster Harriers 62 (22)
2013– Fleetwood Town 56 (14)
2015–2016 → Stevenage (loan) 8 (1)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mark_Colling":2hrq6ebc said:
PL2 3DQ":2hrq6ebc said:
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower. :thumbs:

28 days will take him up to 7th April which is a Thursday unless it includes the game against Wimbledon. Either way we'll be losing Matt and Threlkeld within days of each other.
Just in case we don't win the next five games to have things all but sewn up, do the loan rules enable us to extend his loan at that point?

Yes, as long as we extend it before the 28 days are up. I think the 28 day loan is the only way we could have done it because a 93 day loan is obviously pointless.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Errington thought we were after a defender.

So does this mean good news on the Hartley or McHugh injuries?

Be very interested to see how we line up tomorrow with Nardiello and Matt on bench think Reuben will need to be on his game.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":1q8sus16 said:
Mark_Colling":1q8sus16 said:
PL2 3DQ":1q8sus16 said:

28 days will take him up to 7th April which is a Thursday unless it includes the game against Wimbledon. Either way we'll be losing Matt and Threlkeld within days of each other.
Just in case we don't win the next five games to have things all but sewn up, do the loan rules enable us to extend his loan at that point?

Yes, as long as we extend it before the 28 days are up. I think the 28 day loan is the only way we could have done it because a 93 day loan is obviously pointless.

Is Houghton signed under different terms then? He is here till May 31st. Loan regulations too complex for my brain. :)

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
I've seen him score this season, but wasn't impressed by him overall. His teammates were attempting to make him the focal point of every attack but he just wasn't very good. The worst bit was missing an open goal!

Jan 2, 2010
cheshiregreen":2nbtqt8f said:
PL2 3DQ":2nbtqt8f said:
Mark_Colling":2nbtqt8f said:
PL2 3DQ":2nbtqt8f said:

Is Houghton signed under different terms then? He is here till May 31st. Loan regulations too complex for my brain. :)

Is the Chelsea lad a youth loan? I'm just trying not to read "Fleetwood's Mac" instead of 'Mat'

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
cheshiregreen":1qp76hfj said:
PL2 3DQ":1qp76hfj said:
Mark_Colling":1qp76hfj said:
PL2 3DQ":1qp76hfj said:

Dunno. :think: Houghton fits the age group for a youth loan, maybe the rules are different? The Cabbie will know.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Paven":26kevp4i said:
kernow19":26kevp4i said:
Paven":26kevp4i said:
Seems like we're barrel scraping a bit here.

Another one condemned without kicking a ball even. :facepalm:

Oh come off it, I'm hopeful he'll turn out very good but there's nothing about this signing that suggests he isn't one of the cheapest potential forwards for us out there. It's underwhelming at the very best.

Even so - I'm hopeful he'll be good and will watch him with the clean slate I like (and think it makes sense) to watch every signing with,

Your "scraping the barrel" comment deserved the response it got . Your follow up was much more constructive.

Sep 8, 2013
This signing perhaps casts light upon DA's current perception of Reid's present contribution, Nardiello's unlikely involvement and Rooney and Harvey's inexperience. Let's hope he gets all our strikers vying even harder for places.

Mar 21, 2008
Green Rhino":e7sguelk said:
If (when!!) he scores it will be a Matt finish!

Please don't take the shine off this signing with crap jokes...

Having watched him a few times he's very much in the Brunt mould as a player and in my opinion better he looked to have a very good touch with his feet, I was impressed, give's us options and keeps competition for places.

Anyone with a 'player' subscription that's interested and wants to see what he's about I'd advise watching him play for Stevenage earlier this season at Wimbledon, him and Gnanduillet (sp?) terrorised Wimbledon that day