Jamille Matt released by Fleetwood - Signed by Blackpool | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamille Matt released by Fleetwood - Signed by Blackpool

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This transfer just shows that players are mercenaries, you can't blame them for choosing a move that either gives them more money or is closer to their home base.
They might say the right things while they are at Argyle or any club and they might even kiss the badge but it's all hot air just to appease the fans.
Matt even said we rescued him from the lowest point in his career and we were top of his list for next season and today he's "bigging up" Blackpool.

It's rare to find loyalty in football, at Argyle it's the fans, Paul Wotton and Kevin Hodges, we'll just have to be patient while we wait for the next lot of one to two year heroes to arrive.
Derek Adams is very meticulous and with the help of his coaches and the Chief scout Greg Strong will have a host of targets. He definitely won't be panicking.

Potential players will have seen the amazing support at Wembley, they will know we have a good manager and will also know that there is a chance of success at our club.
Adams probably has verbally agreed to sign several players, it's just that we don't know anything about it.

Feb 28, 2016
Loyalty is a two way street. I feel Harvey (who I think is our second longest serving player?) Could still be/ would have been loyal to us if we had shown some faith in him as gratitude for his loyalty. Let's not forget he to, albeit as an apprentice in the youth team, played for this club without pay.

Mar 14, 2009
One player isn't coming and its meltdown.

It's the middle of June. Let's just be patient and see what rabbits are pulled out of the hat.

If someone goes back to Houghton and Matt threads when they signed then you see Houghton had a lot more people excited than Matt. In the end, the latter player made more of an impact.

People just make a comment without actually witnessing or waiting to see what happens or what's the alternatives are.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":8ib73gt1 said:
This transfer just shows that players are mercenaries, you can't blame them for choosing a move that either gives them more money or is closer to their home base.
They might say the right things while they are at Argyle or any club and they might even kiss the badge but it's all hot air just to appease the fans.
Matt even said we rescued him from the lowest point in his career and we were top of his list for next season and today he's "bigging up" Blackpool.

It's rare to find loyalty in football, at Argyle it's the fans, Paul Wotton and Kevin Hodges, we'll just have to be patient while we wait for the next lot of one to two year heroes to arrive.
Derek Adams is very meticulous and with the help of his coaches and the Chief scout Greg Strong will have a host of targets. He definitely won't be panicking.

Potential players will have seen the amazing support at Wembley, they will know we have a good manager and will also know that there is a chance of success at our club.
Adams probably has verbally agreed to sign several players, it's just that we don't know anything about it.

Sanity at last!

Feb 2, 2007
Imagine it suits his home life, move to Westcountry isn't for everyone or maybe he didn't have confidence that we would mount a serious challenge or maybe Derek didn't really think we need him- Blackpool have had a disasterous drop through the divisions and I will be surprised if they bounce back immediately- Argyle and Portsmouth, Luton, Oxford have all found it hard after consecutive drop downs.

Good luck Jamille and thanks for your efforts.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
There's probably much more to it than just us wanting him, him wanting to sign and signing.

Money offered, contract length, role within the team, location, family, the fact that we are bare bones of a squad and maybe he wanted to get it sorted a while ago. We've waited and he's probably had a equal if not better offer closer to home.

The deal should have been wrapped up a week ago if we wanted him

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Personally I didn't see enough from him to think he was worth bending over backwards for. It was evident whenever he played that we resorted to an all-too-predictable style of play, hoofing the ball to the lone man up front. I'd much rather we play with two up top, and pass the ball through the middle and wings rather than just lumping it in the hope that Jamille can hold the ball up. He didn't really hold the ball up particularly well, but in fairness to him he was always isolated. I can't handle a whole season watching us play like that. Whether or not that would've changed in the coming season I don't know, but it'll certainly force Derek to find alternative strike options which isn't necessarily a bad thing - especially if he can pick up a nippy striker or two of the Dwight Marshall/Adie Littlejohn mould (we live in hope!).

Onwards and upwards! :scarf:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Never could see him and Brunt in the same side.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
He'll see a lot more of the Vanarama in his career than I will as an Argo fan.
That's it he's 'gone' in my mind. Shame, he got the chance to play at Wembley but chose not to.

Dec 3, 2005
Tugboat":p54ow6es said:
There's probably much more to it than just us wanting him, him wanting to sign and signing.

Money offered, contract length, role within the team, location, family, the fact that we are bare bones of a squad and maybe he wanted to get it sorted a while ago. We've waited and he's probably had a equal if not better offer closer to home.

The deal should have been wrapped up a week ago if we wanted him

Exactly - believe it or not footballers are human beings - they (the majority) have families, mortgages and their career to think about. Maybe he and his family received the offer from Blackpool and nothing from Argyle and they decided it was a good offer - 2 year contract and locality - maybe he just wanted it sorted, so he could relax for a few weeks, knowing where he was going to live and work. Most people in work would let it be known that the company they work for is the best, and they want to work for them, but life moves on, saying that does not mean you have to spend your life with that company.

It's obvious to me that he wanted things sorted and Argyle look like they were dragging their heels - I say good luck to him and it is a shame that he didn't sign for us - just hope he doesn't score against us.