just back | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

just back

Mar 14, 2009
Nov 22, 2016
Deacster":34vatpq4 said:
How good has Kennedy been? Three great goals in three games.

If Kennedy can stay injury free we will go up, no questions. I'm just starting to consider the horrible possibility of having to face E*e*er in a play-off. :think: ....Long way to go. No need to panic just yet.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
lilcol":3gzycrhs said:
From watching the vids of the goals, what was McCormack doing to lay it on for the home forward ?

I'm not sure what you're on about with McCormack. He did miss a penalty for Nottingham Forest today though!

Mar 14, 2009
LeonTheGreen":c0b5jn6e said:
lilcol":c0b5jn6e said:
From watching the vids of the goals, what was McCormack doing to lay it on for the home forward ?

I'm not sure what you're on about with McCormack. He did miss a penalty for Nottingham Forest today though!

He should have learnt by now how to open is gates outside is house so he can go to training to practice those penalties.

Apr 29, 2016
nick_PASTIE":2f0lifer said:
Great goal- be interested in how Sawyer got on, he looked like a dwarf for their goal. Do feel we need full back cover!

If you're looking for a scape goat don't pin it on either Sawyer or Luke. Sawyer was left to mark two. Unusually it was Sonny who wasn't marking anyone. The ball came an awful long way and perhaps he was a little slow in reacting. I think we can forgive him one error this season though eh?!

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Once again we didn't press home our advantage when we totally dominated them for first half hour. During that time Jervis was waltzing past his full back as and when he wanted & Carey was linking well with Kennedy. However good the football is we do not work the opposition keeper enough.
Last 10 we played with Blisset, Spencer and Taylor up front but apart from one cleverly worked interchange we huffed & puffed. Kennedy was motm and our onlytrue threat.
Disappointing but a good open game. Thomas and Alessandra had good games for them. The pools fans I spoke to have been impressed by Rooney so far

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
You can usually tell when someone asks "How did so-and-so play today"............... they are hoping the answer will be bleddy carp for some reason.

Mar 14, 2009
bringonthemilkman":8i2ekxjr said:
Once again we didn't press home our advantage when we totally dominated them for first half hour. During that time Jervis was waltzing past his full back as and when he wanted & Carey was linking well with Kennedy. However good the football is we do not work the opposition keeper enough.
Last 10 we played with Blisset, Spencer and Taylor up front but apart from one cleverly worked interchange we huffed & puffed. Kennedy was motm and our onlytrue threat.
Disappointing but a good open game. Thomas and Alessandra had good games for them. The pools fans I spoke to have been impressed by Rooney so far

I think this sums up Argyle perfectly.

Unfortunately we don't dominate games for more than 10-15mins. We can't seem to press home an advantage and the build on it. We concede and it takes way too long for us to recover. If we ever do.

I can't put my finger on it because something is wrong with the make up of the side. I'm not talking about the players. It's more to do with the tactical side. There is something tactical that doesn't get the best out of our team, unless it's in brief spells. It's not a fitness issues as he trains them hard. I don't think it's a lack of fight either as they keep going to the end.

It's baffling. Every opposition team fans seems to praise how well their team plays against us. Hartlepool fans are delighted tonight apart from the first 10-15 mins. They see today as a starting point because they haven't had a performance like this under Dave Jones. Not sure why we can't outclass these teams when over the past couple of weeks other teams, supposedly weaker than us have, do it we ease.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
The things is MGM I think you need to be more realistic.
Our away record is excellent in all reality. I'm more than happy with a point today.

Tuesday was disappointing, but in the scheme of things this will hopefully be just a blip.

Have faith!