just back | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

just back

Jan 3, 2013
We are in the fourth division with fourth and at best mid third division players, what do you expect? Pele, Best, Maradona, Messi?

Mar 14, 2009
jerryatricjanner":19u3x7eq said:
Probably because in August the play offs was a reasonanle prefiction. However, we have got into a strong position and during the season benefitted from sibstantial unbudgeted income and strengthened the squad noticeably in January hopefully avoiding a repeat of last season's inability to see the job through when we had a threadbare bench. If we finish even 2 wins short of automatic promotion as you suggest never mind 4, that would see us achieve just a point a game from our remaining fixtures. Your glass must be almost empty.

Well what do you think the "glasses" of people were at the end of May under the "sack Adams" , and "does DA know what he is doing" threads?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":zsowy26o said:
This is what l find strange. We aren't poles apart in our views in the sense of where Argyle will finish. In the end your talking a handful of points and two or three, maybe four, places difference in the league. We both are saying Argyle are having a decent season. The only difference is that l think they will fall 2-4 wins short of the top 3.

How can that be deemed as negative? It may be a different opinion but just because l don't share the same belief then it's somehow wrong.

Ok, let's look at this way. When we start pre-season we predict where Argyle might finish. At the start of the season l said the playoffs. I didn't hear you or anyone else say l was negative then. So why 6 months down the line and I think the same are you giving me pelters for an opinion you obviously thought was reasonable in August?

Forget the start of the season. We all had concerns that the signings may not be good enough or that we'd lost important players like Nelson and McHugh.

After 31 games, those fears have been completely allayed and we sit 8 points clear with 15 games to go and a game in hand. Strengthened with the money from two brilliant displays against one of the planets biggest clubs. Adams has done a terrific job.

Again, it's the tone and language you use in the context of those facts. To read your posts without looking at the league table, you'd think we were fighting relegation. That we have serious issues, 'something isn't right'... 'its baffling'....'something tactical isn't working' etc (that was just in one post!).

We'd all like to dominate every game for 90mins, but Derek may have come to the conclusion that we can't do that because we'd be picked off. He may have done analysis that you can afford to give x amount of chances to the opposition at this level (and clearly you can, if we've been 'lucky' all season) if it then opens them up for the counter attack. My point is that the way we play is by design and it WORKS. The only big issue I'd have is the defending of corners.

We're never going to agree. I think you're over analytical and negative to an extreme degree, and you think I'm just having a go at you.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knarf Reprah":sw915xbz said:
We are in the fourth division with fourth and at best mid third division players, what do you expect? Pele, Best, Maradona, Messi?

No as they do not play for the likes of Orient, Yeovil or Luton. It is a level playing field, theoretically.

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":373y9npx said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":373y9npx said:
This is what l find strange. We aren't poles apart in our views in the sense of where Argyle will finish. In the end your talking a handful of points and two or three, maybe four, places difference in the league. We both are saying Argyle are having a decent season. The only difference is that l think they will fall 2-4 wins short of the top 3.

How can that be deemed as negative? It may be a different opinion but just because l don't share the same belief then it's somehow wrong.

Ok, let's look at this way. When we start pre-season we predict where Argyle might finish. At the start of the season l said the playoffs. I didn't hear you or anyone else say l was negative then. So why 6 months down the line and I think the same are you giving me pelters for an opinion you obviously thought was reasonable in August?

Forget the start of the season. We all had concerns that the signings may not be good enough or that we'd lost important players like Nelson and McHugh.

After 31 games, those fears have been completely allayed and we sit 8 points clear with 15 games to go and a game in hand. Strengthened with the money from two brilliant displays against one of the planets biggest clubs. Adams has done a terrific job.

Again, it's the tone and language you use in the context of those facts. To read your posts without looking at the league table, you'd think we were fighting relegation. That we have serious issues, 'something isn't right'... 'its baffling'....'something tactical isn't working' etc (that was just in one post!).

We'd all like to dominate every game for 90mins, but Derek may have come to the conclusion that we can't do that because we'd be picked off. He may have done analysis that you can afford to give x amount of chances to the opposition at this level (and clearly you can, if we've been 'lucky' all season) if it then opens them up for the counter attack. My point is that the way we play is by design and it WORKS. The only big issue I'd have is the defending of corners.

We're never going to agree. I think you're over analytical and negative to an extreme degree, and you think I'm just having a go at you.

Oct 16, 2016
Argyle are a league 2 team, the team has consistently been a mish mash of journeyman and summer hobos out of contract and playing a game of chance vs St Blazey to win a short term contract.
Adams has done a very good job with the resources and 'tools' at hand, why the need to overanalyse each and every game is beyond me

Will we maintain our position and achieve promotion? Probably but just bloody enjoy the football and the jangle

If any of you think argyle have better managers than Adams queuing up to take their chance you are wildly wrong

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":vzj3jask said:
Biggs":vzj3jask said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":vzj3jask said:

Not a problem.

Your last line is very interesting. Like l said above if you think "negative to the extreme" l would re-visit some of those threads.

For example one comment "I can accept winning games by one goal away, but to win by just one goal at home match after match is growing tedious and quite unacceptable."

The hypocrisy by some is amazing.

Winning 1-0 is tedious? If we won all matches 1-0 we'd have 138pts at the end of the season and already been promoted.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":2tnbobme said:
Not a problem.

Your last line is very interesting. Like l said above if you think "negative to the extreme" l would re-visit some of those threads.

For example one comment "I can accept winning games by one goal away, but to win by just one goal at home match after match is growing tedious and quite unacceptable."

Yeah, I think you may have been whooshed there. There is no way that comment wasn't made in jest :lol:

Aug 8, 2014
Great football and build up play from argyle judging from the highlights!
Spencer should have buried the chance at the end can't believe he tried to set up Taylor

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":3gu7rclb said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3gu7rclb said:
Not a problem.

Yeah, I think you may have been whooshed there. There is no way that comment wasn't made in jest :lol:

Fair enough, reading it again l aplologise as l was wrong and indeed have been whooosed lol.

I think l need one of those "breaks" from PASOTI as it appears my view only serves to supposedly anger people at present.

God helps Adams if he doesn't achieve automatic promotion though. As if you think my view point was unreasonable then wait until what people say in March & April. Hopefully we will sail to promotion. :scarf: Thanks anyhow for the reasonable debates Biggs :thumbup:

And just to end on a postive note, l think we will beat Luton next week :scarf:

May 22, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":9feg4lj1 said:
Biggs":9feg4lj1 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":9feg4lj1 said:
Not a problem.

Oh believe me, they were serious..... and just to prove it....opening post, second paragraph

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=96695&hilit=Let's+give+Derek

Nah, that post is obviously a joke. Look at the stuff about Sheridan.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":3bn2a4c2 said:
Biggs":3bn2a4c2 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3bn2a4c2 said:
Not a problem.

Fair enough, reading it again l aplologise as l was wrong and indeed have been whooosed lol.

I think l need one of those "breaks" from PASOTI as it appears my view only serves to supposedly anger people at present.

God helps Adams if he doesn't achieve automatic promotion though. As if you think my view point was unreasonable then wait until what people say in March & April. Hopefully we will sail to promotion. :scarf: Thanks anyhow for the reasonable debates Biggs :thumbup:

And just to end on a postive note, l think we will beat Luton next week :scarf:

You know you are not allowed to criticise Argyle on this site Mickey! I happen to agree. We rarely look convincing. Look at the win V Cambridge. They had 2 headers cleared off the line, hit the bar and we survived the mother of goalmouth struggles. Quite often we are hanging on no matter the opposition. Usually we get away with it but V Orient we didnt. Last season we lost to Dag. at home and everybody said it couldn't happen with this team... There is no doubt the team's battling spirit but that is not always enough. Is there something wrong tactically? We dont seem to be able to maintain possession. If we had done that we would have held on V Orient. Even V Exeter when everybody said it was such a great performance it was only 50/50 possession. I know that is often not important but it DOES help. I think Adams is too defensive sometimes personally.