Karleigh Osborne (signs for Kilmarnock) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Karleigh Osborne (signs for Kilmarnock)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
MarkMatthews":3jr8ov04 said:
I appreciate he's been recovering from injury but he hasn't particularly impressed me much from what I've seen of him.
I've only seen him at the Parkway game but I must admit I thought he looked a long way off being a League 2 player, hence my earlier post about hoping that fans don't expect too much. Maybe I caught him on an off day.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Bristol City released him so maybe he is not as good as some folk think he is. DA knows best.....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Keepitgreen":3ep5fn5n said:
MarkMatthews":3ep5fn5n said:
I appreciate he's been recovering from injury but he hasn't particularly impressed me much from what I've seen of him.
I've only seen him at the Parkway game but I must admit I thought he looked a long way off being a League 2 player, hence my earlier post about hoping that fans don't expect too much. Maybe I caught him on an off day.

I thought exactly the same that night Bob.

Saying that, it was probably that he didn't want to get a knock again. That worked didn't it? :roll:

Here's hoping we're both wrong mate.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2rs6z356 said:
Keepitgreen":2rs6z356 said:
MarkMatthews":2rs6z356 said:

I thought exactly the same that night Bob.

Saying that, it was probably that he didn't want to get a knock again. That worked didn't it? :roll:

Here's hoping we're both wrong mate.
Hope so. DA certainly knows more than me. :)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I find it intriguing that Karleigh Osborne has been on the bench for recent games but, despite our injury problems, he rarely gets an appearance either as a starter or as a substitute.

It seems strange that, at the weekly press briefing, our journalists do not ask about him or, if they do, they do not report the management's response.

May 1, 2011
oddball":3dyb5wh1 said:
Bristol City released him so maybe he is not as good as some folk think he is. DA knows best.....

Players who didn't make it in the Championship have been known to be good in League 2.....

DA can questioned?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I have to ask this question again.

Why is Karleigh Osborne regularly on the bench but very rarely used even when Nauris Bulvitis is not available?

He was given the no 5 shirt, so I assume that it was originally intended that he would be the first choice central defender. Is it possible that, at some stage, Rick Cowdery or Chris Errington will ask Derek Adams a straight question and let us know the answer?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":39m60592 said:

Why is Karleigh Osborne regularly on the bench but very rarely used even when Nauris Bulvitis is not available?

He was given the no 5 shirt, so I assume that it was originally intended that he would be the first choice central defender. Is it possible that, at some stage, Rick Cowdery or Chris Errington will ask Derek Adams a straight question and let us know the answer?
I thought Bully had always had the No. 5 shirt.

Jan 27, 2012
There's something odd about this Osbourne situation. Is he still affected by injury ? Does Adams not rate him ? Have they fallen out ? On paper, it looks like he should be starting for the first-team, but he is constantly being overlooked. I think there is something going on that we don't know about. Perhaps he will be off in January ?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Keepitgreen":3erc94le said:
davie nine":3erc94le said:

Oops!! Senior moment. No 19 shirt but the question still stands.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":2ytbp1cr said:
Keepitgreen":2ytbp1cr said:
davie nine":2ytbp1cr said:

Oops!! Senior moment. No 19 shirt but the question still stands.
Maybe he hasn't lived up to expectations.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
davie nine":1jz0rpjx said:

I thought Osborne was one of the better signings and expected him to be a regular, I wonder what would have happened if he had not picked up that injury in pre-season.

Whilst we all like to post about what we see on the field, we can't comment on what we haven't seen or what we don't know. Adams has record of keeping things like this within the dressing room which is the right thing to do. The fans do not have an automatic right to know everything that goes on at the club.

I am sure there are good reasons why we have seen so little of Osborne. I would think it's either that he has not fully recovered from the injury which caused him to miss the pre-season and is thus still not fit enough to start games, or it's a case of him not being up to standard in Adams's view but we are stuck with him, as was the case with Nardiello last season.

Feb 28, 2016
At the moment I would defiantly rather either of, Callum Rose or Jordan Bentley ahead of him, probably Crawford ahead of him and I'm not too far off preferring Downing ahead of him and IMO the more I see of Downing he is making ground fast on Osborne! As far as I'm aware the first four names I've mentioned are all trying their, level headed best, to apply themselves as individuals and aren't praying to God to "..make things possible" with their imaginary friends on their side. Of course we are all entitled to believe in whichever (or no) Gods as we so fit, so best of luck if his God can help us!

I'm not knocking Adams as a judge of a player but not many managers have a 100% record on successful signings. Time to write him off with no reason to hold it not working out against Adams. Injury prone and does not look out of place in the SWPL.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I was basing my question on these comments from the Morecambe game from 4 different posters, including Posty :-

Adams has already said Tanner will play, I think Osborne will play as well, at Morecambe he looked a leader and organiser.

We clearly miss Purrington at left back and Osborne must be given a run out on Saturday.

Osbourne looked the part and an organiser.

one positive was Osborne looks a player and must start