Karleigh Osborne (signs for Kilmarnock) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Karleigh Osborne (signs for Kilmarnock)

May 8, 2011
One question mark about Jordan Bentley is that he is getting sent off too often. At games I've seen he has been sent off in 3 of them.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It hasn't done Sergio Ramos any harm. He consistently has the worst disciplinary record in La Liga. Agree though, it is a concern.

Mar 14, 2009
I agree with the above but if Osborne was going to play he would of surely found a first team start by now.

I mean we all see Songo's liabilities. I am sure Adams must. Argyle have missed Songo in a DM area but still Adams refuses to play Osborne despite so many opportunities. Even in less games like the checkatrade trophy. He just either has lost faith in him or, more likely, doesn't think he can perform at the same standard over 90 mins.

Otherwise why wouldn't you have played a CB of his pedigree by now? Expect Songo to be CB on Saturday!

Feb 28, 2016
Knibbsworth":st2kxvpe said:
Can you tell me who has played Championship standard before and who is an apprentice that has never made a first team appearance?

In terms of being up for a game and adrenaline pumping, I don't think Plymouth Parkway away was the biggest game of Osbourne's life the way it was for the other lads. It was a vehicle to get closer to fitness.

Osbourne played very well by all accounts at Morecambe against much better quality forwards than Plymouth Parkway's.

I'd have to question your sanity to honestly think playing an untested apprentice against Doncaster instead of an experienced pro like Osbourne strikes you as a good idea.

Well we have one player on the downward spiral, who racked up a bakers dozen appearances in the second tier half a decade ago, that's had his share of injuries on the one hand. On the other we have someone who could potentially go on to much better things in the ascendancy in either Callum Rose or Jordan Bentley. I know which excites me more, a raw talent that I believe (in either of those), given the right opportunities and coaching, could easily eclipse Osborne's achievements to date, which all appear to be behind him. Jordan has already got the same amount of appearances in the first team as Osborne and is ahead of where I think even he would have predicted even this time last year. Callum is plugging away waiting for his chance, quietly impressing. (Steve Evans on another thread even predicting, perhaps somewhat excitedly, that he thinks Callum will be a Premier League player)

Personally I would question the sanity of anyone who would make assumptions on who may or may not be the better player, if you have never seen one of them play. Your opinion of course and your entitled to it but in my opinion I would question if it was an informed one.

Time will tell of course but in the current climate I very much doubt Callum Rose will be too far off of the first team squad and I've got a gut feeling we will be hearing a bit more about him sooner than we might think. If you factor: Injuries racking up, games racking up, still a way to go before the transfer window, another apprentice already making his debut and its not unrealistic to see how he could catch a lucky break in all of this.

I would hope to think your wrong with regards to Osborne's attitude to a SWPL game, and to be fair I don't think it is his attitude. I would again question if you think its a good idea to play someone in the first team who feels they are above having to prove themselves in the reserves when they are not in the team, which to me doesn't seem cohesive to creating good team moral.

As for the untested comment, they are all going to have to be tested at some point or we never end up moving on anywhere. If they play in a nothing game all we hear is that they shouldn't play in a meaningful match because they didn't prove anything in the nothing game because the opposition were "on the beach" or some such nonsense, which is the argument we most recently had with Rooney (and rather ridiculously Tyler Harvey ), after the Hartlepool match and whether they should have been contenders for the play off games.

There is always an excuse of not "risking" playing our players: we are going for Play offs/autos/fighting relegation (delete as applicable but its unlikely that you wont have a season where one of those is not your situation.) Its a convenient excuse to hold people back, plain and simple and now is the ideal time when things need shaking up and changing you could afford one or two (and that is all that's being suggested,) a run of games between now and January. If its not working out then we can look at it and bring people in. In the meantime stick with what's looked shot the last four games or, twist and inject some energy, something fresh because it sure as hell looks like it needs it.

Feb 28, 2016
HC Green":3iqvo5ri said:
One question mark about Jordan Bentley is that he is getting sent off too often. At games I've seen he has been sent off in 3 of them.

Well I can remember the two most recent and they have both been for two bookable offences as opposed to straight sending offs. I've missed the second booking both times because I was in the clubhouse at Coach Road and under the stand in the beer queue at Swansea, although by his own admission that one was a second booking.

Ideally its something which he will be able to stamp out of his game, it looks like its the only thing that may prevent him making it, he's got the skills, right attitude etc. and he probably can "get away" with a bit more in the SWPL for example I don't think his first offense would have seen him booked in the SWPL.

I think he is quick to beat himself up when things start not to go his way. I actually think his temperament has improved this season so I'm sure he will find the balance because you don't to take that character out of his game completely because its him,he just needs to channel it right.

Jul 29, 2010
Steve Evans":v7gpa9bw said:
MarkMatthews":v7gpa9bw said:
hearing on the grapevine he has gone.
to which club please?
As I outlined on another thread when someone suggested he be loaned out to get 'game time', I think his problem is more chronic than that.

My though was that he migh be released by mutual consent or even full on retirement :sad:

Oct 10, 2012
He was 100% up the life centre gym yesterday! Along with DA, CB, PW and the rest of the first team squad.

Mar 8, 2016
Not surprising to be honest. Begs the question as to why Derek didn't play him and at least give him a chance was it Fitness? Or just not good enough?

Jan 3, 2013
Army green":11g2rvhh said:
Not surprising to be honest. Begs the question as to why Derek didn't play him and at least give him a chance was it Fitness? Or just not good enough?

Or something else.......