Karleigh Osborne (signs for Kilmarnock) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Karleigh Osborne (signs for Kilmarnock)

Feb 28, 2016
Must admit to not being at the Morecambe game so cant comment on his performances and will accept the consensus he had a good game. Based on what I've seen of him though I stand by my previous post.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
MarkMatthews":18ldi22i said:
At the moment I would defiantly rather either of, Callum Rose or Jordan Bentley ahead of him, probably Crawford ahead of him and I'm not too far off preferring Downing ahead of him and IMO the more I see of Downing he is making ground fast on Osborne! As far as I'm aware the first four names I've mentioned are all trying their, level headed best, to apply themselves as individuals and aren't praying to God to "..make things possible" with their imaginary friends on their side. Of course we are all entitled to believe in whichever (or no) Gods as we so fit, so best of luck if his God can help us!

I'm not knocking Adams as a judge of a player but not many managers have a 100% record on successful signings. Time to write him off with no reason to hold it not working out against Adams. Injury prone and does not look out of place in the SWPL.

Mark your undying support of our young players is well known by all on pasoti , but questioning Karleigh Osborne's efforts in training and matches by suggesting that the young lads are trying their level headed best and not praying to god to make things happen, I find to be somewhat ignorant and distasteful.

Aug 5, 2016
MarkMatthews":3qwixfij said:
At the moment I would defiantly rather either of, Callum Rose or Jordan Bentley ahead of him, probably Crawford ahead of him and I'm not too far off preferring Downing ahead of him and IMO the more I see of Downing he is making ground fast on Osborne! As far as I'm aware the first four names I've mentioned are all trying their, level headed best, to apply themselves as individuals and aren't praying to God to "..make things possible" with their imaginary friends on their side. Of course we are all entitled to believe in whichever (or no) Gods as we so fit, so best of luck if his God can help us!

I'm not knocking Adams as a judge of a player but not many managers have a 100% record on successful signings. Time to write him off with no reason to hold it not working out against Adams. Injury prone and does not look out of place in the SWPL.

And these kids have more talent and maturity than Aaron Bentley or Jamie Richards, for example, who were patently not good enough and nowhere near the likes of Karleigh Osbourne.

Feb 28, 2016
DartingtonPilgrim":jsikjbrx said:
MarkMatthews":jsikjbrx said:

Mark your undying support of our young players is well known by all on pasoti , but questioning Karleigh Osborne's efforts in training and matches by suggesting that the young lads are trying their level headed best and not praying to god to make things happen, I find to be somewhat ignorant and distasteful.

That was a quote taken from an herald story about Osborne. I don't believe I've ever questioned his effort (I don't believe any professional sportsperson would ever Give less than 100% nor have I commented on what he is like in training, after all I've not seen him in training. I did concede he probably had a good game against Morecambe. My opinion is based on seeing him in the SWPL and against Swansea's kids in the LDV.

I'm sorry if you found my comments distasteful was not my intention and for the record I've no idea on any of the people I've mentioned personal believes.

I find it pretty distasteful that as someone who does believe in a supreme being, that if Osborne takes a look at the world around him, believes that, that supreme beings priority is to help a fourth division footballer win a football match. Perhaps I'm being unfair on him but as an agnostic atheist I struggle to understand his world view.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
MarkMatthews":2mgqnidx said:
DartingtonPilgrim":2mgqnidx said:
MarkMatthews":2mgqnidx said:

That was a quote taken from an herald story about Osborne. I don't believe I've ever questioned his effort (I don't believe any professional sportsperson would ever Give less than 100% nor have I commented on what he is like in training, after all I've not seen him in training. I did concede he probably had a good game against Morecambe. My opinion is based on seeing him in the SWPL and against Swansea's kids in the LDV.

I'm sorry if you found my comments distasteful was not my intention and for the record I've no idea on any of the people I've mentioned personal believes.

I find it pretty distasteful that as someone who does believe in a supreme being, that if Osborne takes a look at the world around him, believes that, that supreme beings priority is to help a fourth division footballer win a football match. Perhaps I'm being unfair on him but as an agnostic atheist I struggle to understand his world view.

God(s) are omnipotent--they don't have to prioritise :)

Feb 28, 2016
Knibbsworth":11hw563v said:
MarkMatthews":11hw563v said:

And these kids have more talent and maturity than Aaron Bentley or Jamie Richards, for example, who were patently not good enough and nowhere near the likes of Karleigh Osbourne.

Well Jordan Bentley is one appearance behind his brother Aaron (and the same amount as Osborne) and is not yet even out of his apprenticeship take from that what you like. Go watch the Parkway game at Bolitho park back on the Cornwall Channel and tell me who had the better game at centre-half Rose or Osborne?! Watch to the end and tell me who's awful defending led to gifting Parkway an equaliser? (it wasn't Rose by the way)

Apr 1, 2009
I think the likes of Davie Nine are over egging the impact of Osborne at Morecambe. From memory he had about 15 minutes during which we were chasing the game at 1-2 down, and Morecambe were parking the bus. He wasn't pressurised, and given the shambolic defending earlier it wasn't difficult to appear calm and organised. Far to short an appearance to make a proper judgement on IMHO.

Jul 29, 2010
I don't think it's as much about exactly what KO brings, I agree we've not seen enough. It's having Songo'o protecting the back four and NOT being a bit of a liability IN the back four that we need most.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I agree about Songo'o, X Isle.

I think that he is too impulsive in the back four but this can be more useful in the protecting role because he is not the last line of defence.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":21r23qdr said:
I don't think it's as much about exactly what KO brings, I agree we've not seen enough. It's having Songo'o protecting the back four and NOT being a bit of a liability IN the back four that we need most.

This.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
justanotherfan":2iet63hx said:
X Isle":2iet63hx said:

This.

This.

Aug 5, 2016
MarkMatthews":2n9445x5 said:
Knibbsworth":2n9445x5 said:
MarkMatthews":2n9445x5 said:

Well Jordan Bentley is one appearance behind his brother Aaron (and the same amount as Osborne) and is not yet even out of his apprenticeship take from that what you like. Go watch the Parkway game at Bolitho park back on the Cornwall Channel and tell me who had the better game at centre-half Rose or Osborne?! Watch to the end and tell me who's awful defending led to gifting Parkway an equaliser? (it wasn't Rose by the way)

Can you tell me who has played Championship standard before and who is an apprentice that has never made a first team appearance?

In terms of being up for a game and adrenaline pumping, I don't think Plymouth Parkway away was the biggest game of Osbourne's life the way it was for the other lads. It was a vehicle to get closer to fitness.

Osbourne played very well by all accounts at Morecambe against much better quality forwards than Plymouth Parkway's.

I'd have to question your sanity to honestly think playing an untested apprentice against Doncaster instead of an experienced pro like Osbourne strikes you as a good idea.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
One has to admire Mark's faith in all the young players he regularly bangs the drum for but whether it be Argyle or any other club very few make the step up to become full time pros. For that reason I tend to trust the judgement of the professionals who make those decisions. History shows they rarely get it wrong.