League 2 games today FEB 9 | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

League 2 games today FEB 9

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Welwyn Pilgrim":1fmidqsk said:
Our game off today, whilst disappointing for the fans who went, actually gives Carey an extra week to get a bit fitter abd Simpson to fix his injury as apparantley he was out today...all in all a good day.

Apart from the fact that Northampton won again today and are looking more and more like champions.Leaving Argyle to fight for a second or third place finish....

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
oddball":37aha6da said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":37aha6da said:
Our game off today, whilst disappointing for the fans who went, actually gives Carey an extra week to get a bit fitter abd Simpson to fix his injury as apparantley he was out today...all in all a good day.

Apart from the fact that Northampton won again today and are looking more and more like champions.Leaving Argyle to fight for a second or third place finish....
good. We'll take either of those.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oddball":3hlt7kfh said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":3hlt7kfh said:

Would you rather we were closer to first place or fourth? Finishing in the top three is all that matters, and today has been a good day in that regard.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
No doubt Northampton are on a great run - 11 wins in 12 - probably will have a minor blip between now and May. We still have a nice cushion between us and 4th place.

Oxford are starting to get some fixture congestion with their FA Cup games in Round 3 and 4 and also reaching the JPT final in addition to a postponement today. Oxford play Northampton soon too.

Personally I can live with second or third as long as we escape the 4th tier.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PAFC94":33q67djy said:
Cobi Budge.":33q67djy said:
Ainsworth complaining about time wasting, oh the irony.

How can he actually have the audacity?[/

A quote from Wycombe's Gasroom 2.0 forum:

"To be fair, this Luton side have adopted Gaz's time wasting tactics to great effect. Laughable how many Wycombe supporters are furious about"

Mar 14, 2009
You have to accept the run Northampton are on is the sign of champions.

Lots of twists and turns.

Oxford play 5th place Mansfield and 1st place Northampton over the next two successive Tuesday's.

This Saturday (13th) we have chance to put real daylight behind us and Mansfield. At the same time Portsmouth are playing Bristol Rovers. Leyton Orient are playing Northampton.

On Saturday 20th Oxford play Accrington.

l would love to be where Northampton are tonight. 61pts, 14 from 4th spot and one/two games in hand over a number of playoff teams. They should be even more confident.

Argyle have been too inconsistent at home. As much as it pains me to say if we get 3rd we should be very happy. Sometimes you have to accept there are better sides in this league than you.

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
LG":puejk8zr said:
Ray_Stidwell":puejk8zr said:
LG":puejk8zr said:
Cobi Budge.":puejk8zr said:
Ainsworth complaining about time wasting, oh the irony.
Beautiful. Will drink to that later!
I certainly will! ;off to the local pub in Penn in a moment to meet (& greet with a broad smile!) Wycombe fans returning from Adams Park!
Nice one Ray. Enjoy that!

Thanks LG; I certainly did! To be fair to Bill & Geoff, they recognised that today they got a taste of their own medicine. They were at HP last week & "did not enjoy the win" , quite embarrassed,; loved the Fansfest, for them easily the best part of the afternoon.
.....they also clearly get used to "dull football"....almost accepting it as a "given".

How soon the (pathetically small) mass of WW fans will recognise the odious GA for what he is , who knows .....but at least some are "getting that way".

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Excellent results today and I prefer us to play Yeovil under better conditions and hopefully when their mini revival is over. We are in a great position with the gap to 4th. Nine points is an awful lot to make up in 16 or 17 games and probably not much more than mid table form should see us home against all but Accie who aren't going to win all their games in hand anyway. With a fully fit squad virtually and a stronger bench than we have had all season there is great cause for optimism.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
jerryatricjanner":3j2ibwgj said:
Excellent results today and I prefer us to play Yeovil under better conditions and hopefully when their mini revival is over. We are in a great position with the gap to 4th. Nine points is an awful lot to make up in 16 or 17 games and probably not much more than mid table form should see us home against all but Accie who aren't going to win all their games in hand anyway. With a fully fit squad virtually and a stronger bench than we have had all season there is great cause for optimism.
Exactly right. Looking at the table only Oxford of those behind us can overtake us if they win their games in hand.

C

Cobi Budge.

jerryatricjanner":2833byqn said:

Well said.

Nice to see some positivity.

I'm beginning to think that the title is slipping away (not that I was overly bothered about it anyhow) but I still have faith that we'll finish in the top 3, and as I've been saying for months, it'll be the current 3, Northampton, us and Oxford.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It does look more and more likely. I think today was the end of Pompey as a top 3 threat.

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Northampton look likely promoted, so that leaves 2 more automatic spots. Accrington losing was by far the best result for us today as I see them as the biggest challenge to ourselves and Oxford for top 3 finish.

Mar 14, 2009
I think one thing people are forgetting is a team that goes on a run from the pack.

Take Leyton Orient for example. Decent enough squad. Already under Nolan have won 3 out of 4 games. Possible they could win 13 out of the last 17, for example. It happened last year with one of the top 3 clubs.