Lee Cox goes to Stevenage on loan | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lee Cox goes to Stevenage on loan

Apr 4, 2015
Paven":2j9o4sju said:
Argy1e":2j9o4sju said:
Emu":2j9o4sju said:
...or preparing to get a short term loan in ourselves?
The deadline's now passed, there's a chance we've signed someone and not yet announced it, but otherwise we're stuck with what we've got until January.

How has it closed if Cox moved on loan today?

it closed at 5pm today. :facepalm:

Jun 8, 2014
freddie2greens":212ydqgd said:
Paven":212ydqgd said:
Argy1e":212ydqgd said:
Emu":212ydqgd said:
...or preparing to get a short term loan in ourselves?
The deadline's now passed, there's a chance we've signed someone and not yet announced it, but otherwise we're stuck with what we've got until January.

How has it closed if Cox moved on loan today?

it closed at 5pm today. :facepalm:

Having not read any articles today, I was just wondering. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

It seems Cox has been out of favour with DA for whatever reason. If he wasn't going to get in the team with both McHugh and Boateng out, and being replaced by two loanees in Simpson and Threlkeld, it makes sense for him to get some game time elsewhere. My only concern is that this leaves us a little thin in central midfield.

Meanwhile Oxford have brought in Jordan Evans from Fulham and Chirs Maguire from Rotherham today; they're certainly not holding back.

C

Cult Of Personality

Very disappointed that Cox was not given a chance and poweder puff players like Simpson still playing

Need that ball winner

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Good luck to Cox but it does mean we are down to the bare bones for the Dagenham game, especially if Threlkeld is missing.

Cox isn't cup tied so will get an extra game under belt when Stevenage play Yeovil next week in the FA Cup.

Nov 4, 2012
HongKongGreen":3h5vaz4v said:
It seems Cox has been out of favour with DA for whatever reason. If he wasn't going to get in the team with both McHugh and Boateng out, and being replaced by two loanees in Simpson and Threlkeld, it makes sense for him to get some game time elsewhere. My only concern is that this leaves us a little thin in central midfield.

Meanwhile Oxford have brought in Jordan Evans from Fulham and Chirs Maguire from Rotherham today; they're certainly not holding back.

Oxford have a bigger budget than us tbf. Also Simpson isn't on loan.

Mar 14, 2009
I tell you why I find it baffling apart from being down to bare bones. Until January 2nd 2016 we have another 5 league games / 15 points.

Simpson doesn't appear the type to get your foot in. Maybe they feel with the Bolton lad he can do the same type of job. He certainly likes a tackle from what I have seen of him. I just think we need more of a "presence".

Aug 2, 2011
Adams spends all day every day with the squad training and sees the chosen squad every match day. We the punters turn up at very best once a week and for most every other week. So it seems not unreasonable to assume that he has reasonable grounds for letting Cox go on loan. Given our overall performance and standing so far this season I know whose judgement I prefer to back.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Also we don't know whether it's a case of him going out to get match fit? Or just sharp? Or that he is actually surplus to requirements.
DA hedging his bets just in case we don't get Boateng back for the 2nd half and we have a match sharp player to come back in?
In the management we trust. Been doing alright so far.

R

robinsonm87

Always liked cox as a player. Good ball winner and can get around the pitch well.must be on a decent wage tho. Not playing at all so free's his wage up

Jul 29, 2010
This initially for me...

Metal_Green_Mickey":17l4e4bu said:
I don't get it myself either.

Fine you don't rate the guy. Yet knowing that Boateng is out for while, Threkeld got a nasty knock on Tuesday, McHugh only just coming back from injury then he doesn't make sense to me. At least he would have been an option for us.

However, we did bring in Walton and Croll last week and maybe we need to balance the books.

But my view was then balanced by this which I can't argue against...

Presto":17l4e4bu said:
Adams spends all day every day with the squad training and sees the chosen squad every match day. We the punters turn up at very best once a week and for most every other week. So it seems not unreasonable to assume that he has reasonable grounds for letting Cox go on loan. Given our overall performance and standing so far this season I know whose judgement I prefer to back.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Bizarre move for me.

A very small squad just got smaller. Cox on the bench is a very nice option to have and to send him out could only be on financial grounds which is equally alarming.

Only time will reveal the real reasons but I just hope that he has a recall clause in his deal incase we have any more injuries