Lee Cox goes to Stevenage on loan | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lee Cox goes to Stevenage on loan

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Tugboat":19wzmgyt said:
Bizarre move for me.

A very small squad just got smaller. Cox on the bench is a very nice option to have and to send him out could only be on financial grounds which is equally alarming.

Only time will reveal the real reasons but I just hope that he has a recall clause in his deal incase we have any more injuries

Loan deals usually don't have a recall clause during the first month.

I would guess Cox has been pushing for a loan move, he's 25 and hasn't started a game this season, even in cup games, at that age a player should be playing every week. When the midfield was down to the bare bones a rookie from Bolton was selected ahead of Cox.
Adams might have decided there's no point in keeping an unhappy player in the squad. We'll have to trust Adams.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
PL2 3DQ":34aowtpc said:
Tugboat":34aowtpc said:
Bizarre move for me.

A very small squad just got smaller. Cox on the bench is a very nice option to have and to send him out could only be on financial grounds which is equally alarming.

Only time will reveal the real reasons but I just hope that he has a recall clause in his deal incase we have any more injuries

Loan deals usually don't have a recall clause during the first month.

I would guess Cox has been pushing for a loan move, he's 25 and hasn't started a game this season, even in cup games, at that age a player should be playing every week. When the midfield was down to the bare bones a rookie from Bolton was selected ahead of Cox.
Adams might have decided there's no point in keeping an unhappy player in the squad. We'll have to trust Adams.

A rookie right back from Bolton 'n all. Saying that Cox has been forced out by several defenders with CB McHugh proving himself more capable in the middle and last season it was Anthony O'Conner who was formerly, predominantly, a right back. It's a strange trend.

Apr 9, 2011
Bit of a strange one. Doesn't really make sense to me , has just made a weak bench weaker . Unless Boeteng etc are closer to coming back than seems so at the moment. bearing in mind not even on the bench at the moment. Cox face doesn't seem to fit with Adams the same with Sheridan, at the moment like Harvey he is just wasting his time here.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

It looks like a strange one to me but Derek Adams has us top of the league, so I trust him to make the right decision.

Perhaps Cox wanted first team football too?

Aug 11, 2013
Players who have played a big part in our history are always revered and there's no doubt that during Lee's first spell with us he was instrumental in our survival. I remember the buzz when we managed to secure his services permanently too. I'm surprised how little fuss has been shown by the fanbase in relation to the move.

I think he is a quality player and its sometimes difficult to see why a talented player like Lee is frozen out. I don't doubt Adams decision for one moment but maybe he has not seen the Lee Cox that we have seen and remember.

I for one, hope we have a recall option. Hope Lee comes back fit and raring to go and hope this isn't the last time we've seen him in a green shirt. I think he still has a part to play this season.

Feb 5, 2015
Pettgreen":2pgjd037 said:
Also we don't know whether it's a case of him going out to get match fit? Or just sharp? Or that he is actually surplus to requirements.
DA hedging his bets just in case we don't get Boateng back for the 2nd half and we have a match sharp player to come back in?
In the management we trust. Been doing alright so far.

This sums it up for me. The loan deals for Threlkeld and Boateng expire in Jan, and we have no certainty they will remain at Home Park.

Makes sense to get Cox match fit, because he wont get game time here until those two go.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
'We' as in the fans have no certainty but perhaps the club have.

That could make a whole of difference as you say.

Does seem a strange loan though.

Green Rhino":31y5n4vq said:
Played 90 mins today in a 4-3 win over Morecambe. Better than freezing his arse off on a bench in Dagenham.

A good friend of mine is a Stevenage fan and said Cox turned in a solid 90 minutes against Morecambe. Looked solid, kept it simple, passed the ball around well and it seems he generally impressed. Hopefully some game time will do him good, although still feel he could do a job for us in our bare-boned midfield. Here's hoping he comes back in January match fit, raring to go and with something to prove.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
maybe has a replacement lined up in January if he can release his wages, He will only release his wages if he can get a club interested.
Whether this is Stevenage or another club in January it has to be better for all parties that Coxy is playing first team football somewhere.

For me an average league 2 player and nothing more than a squad player same as Tyler Harvey

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
If we'dd kept hold of Cox perhaps McHugh could have dropped to centre half and we wouldn't have to watch Croll wafting his leg at it weakly.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Yeah, we could watch McHugh not being quite tall enough, not quite fast enough, not quite good enough. And, of course, watch Cox being not quite strong enough, not quite accurate enough, not quite good enough.

Croll has been here for what - 4 training sessions and 2 matches with Nelson and we expect a perfect partnership? He's what 19, 20? and we expect him to have the experience to cope with one of the most experienced forwards in the division...?

If Cox was the answer, the question hasn't been who's the best midfielder at Home Park for two seasons?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Mark Pedlar":x4utnlbi said:
Yeah, we could watch McHugh not being quite tall enough, not quite fast enough, not quite good enough. And, of course, watch Cox being not quite strong enough, not quite accurate enough, not quite good enough.

Croll has been here for what - 4 training sessions and 2 matches with Nelson and we expect a perfect partnership? He's what 19, 20? and we expect him to have the experience to cope with one of the most experienced forwards in the division...?

If Cox was the answer, the question hasn't been who's the best midfielder at Home Park for two seasons?

2 matches?
He's been here 3 games now in fact, he started poorly and has gotten progressively worse.
In any case when he did play at centre half Mchugh was superb in that position if memory serves and I believe he was exceptional in that position for Bradford too. So, in answer to your question, no we can't expect Croll to have the experience to handle the divisions most experienced attackers, whereas I would expect Mchugh to.