Lee Cox goes to Stevenage on loan | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lee Cox goes to Stevenage on loan

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Quintrell_Green":2ihu3o1w said:
Deacster":2ihu3o1w said:
Penmaster":2ihu3o1w said:
Green as Grass":2ihu3o1w said:
I really think there is more to this loan than meets the eye. I prefer Cox to both Simpson and Threlkeld as I suspect many on here do. He has been clearly frozen out this season and I wonder if it goes back to when Derek Adams was managing Ross County and Lee Cox was playing for their big rivals Inverness. Their paths would certainly have crossed during this period. I feel sure there is a personality clash here.

I didn't know that and I think you may have just made sense of it all.
Indeed, my other thought was that he just didn't rate him and Cox had an appearance related auto contract renewal which was low, which would explain his lack of game time even when we've been short.

It strikes me that it must be a very limiting appearance related contract for a guy not to be able to play [say] 3/4 games, when he has not played at all this season. It was not as if he was regularly playing previously last season because of injury issues. I would not think that DA was small minded enough to exclude Cox because of past near Highland association. All very strange to me!
As I said there is more to this than meets the eye. Cox is definitely good enough to make our starting line up particulaly given our injury list. He has a proven past record.It does not make sense to loan him out at the present time. I am convinced it is for reasons not connected with ability.

Aug 17, 2005
Therecould be another reason. Purely financial. Lots of injuries, two players bought in whereas previously we could not afford to loan a striker. Chance to get game time in where they consider his chances would be limited here.