Lewi off to Rochdale | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lewi off to Rochdale

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Missing the point Neil.

His young family live 13 miles away from Spotland, the woman obviously didn't want to move to the South West without her support family around her.

We don't get it as we're Argyle fans but there is far more to life than anything in a green and white (or lilac) shirt.

Do you think anyone in their right mind would rather play for Rochdale than Argyle? Really?

Aug 10, 2006
IJN":2spwpykq said:
Missing the point Neil.

His young family live 13 miles away from Spotland, the woman obviously didn't want to move to the South West without her support family around her.

We don't get it as we're Argyle fans but there is far more to life than anything in a green and white (or lilac) shirt.

Do you think anyone in their right mind would rather play for Rochdale than Argyle? Really?
well at the moment yes why would you stay at argyle when we are in danger of becoming an established 4th division club 5 YEARS and counting and I know all about him wanting to be near his family.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mmm we agree to differ then. I can't think of anyone at Rochdale who would think they've got LA because he wants to better himself.

A) It's a GNS
B) Look at the crowds.
C) It's nearer you. :twisted:

As for being an established 4th tier, I 100% agree with you, we are.

Apr 15, 2008
London
loyal1970":1d30w6w4 said:
it's a sorry day when a player leaves us to go to Rochdale who are in a higher league but that's where we are unfortunately 5TH YEAR.

To most players Argyle and Rochdale are on about the same level of 'who the hell are they' scale.. they don't immediately think 'Oh, Argyle... just look at the catchment area in South Devon and Cornwall.'

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
You get one football career.
You get one period (usually) where you have young kids at home who you want to spend quality time with.
You need to balance home life, worklife, money, security, stability, career development to suit you and your family, not your employer or anyone else really.

Good luck to Lewi. Put in a shift for us imho.

What Argyle have always needed to do, is have a manager who wants to live down here with his family who doesn't mind the travelling.
We need a combination of experienced and younger players who are happy to ply their trade here.
If we keep getting staff who 'sell us' a couple of seasons but really want to be elsewhere we'll get nowhere.

We need 22 players who don't mind living in a fantastic part of England. An area that millions of people pay to visit!!

Can't be too difficult .. surely? :think:

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I liked Alessandra, he was always busy around the penalty area and would make things happen. His big failing for me was decision making when facing goal - not sure how that will stack up in League 1.

I once had a bloke deliver a car to me from up North who knew him, saying he was a really decent guy. Good luck to him, he served the club well.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":2b7drtd8 said:
Mmm we agree to differ then. I can't think of anyone at Rochdale who would think they've got LA because he wants to better himself.

A) It's a GNS
B) Look at the crowds.
C) It's nearer you. :twisted:

As for being an established 4th tier, I 100% agree with you, we are.

I'm pretty certain Mr Allesandra will set up shop somewhere leafy and posh in the Greater Manchester area or somewhere trendy and central...its a city with everything a twenty something lad could want.
From what I understood he didn't have a northern missus either...unless that's a recent thing

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What's the beach like?

Joking apart, his Mrs was definitely from up that way Patrick.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":3h3yar8x said:
What's the beach like?

Joking apart, his Mrs was definitely from up that way Patrick.

Much as I love Plymouth, unfortunately there aren't many pro footballers who enjoy long walks on coastal paths, national trust properties and basket weaving fairs. Its a quiet life down here which has its plusses and it's minuses.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah I know, and a lot of players who end up here, end up staying here.

It does seem though that the type of person who has it in him to become a footballer also seems to prefer bright lights and that sort of thing.

It was the same in the 70's, 80's and 90's as well.

Shame really.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Reg Jenkins once told me he loved his time up at Rochdale in the mid 60s before returning to South East Cornwall.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lovely old club as well, decent people and incredible support when you consider the clubs within spitting distance of Spotland.

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
One concern with LA leaving (and best of luck to him) is the impact this will have on Reuben. He has had his most consistent return of goals in his career when partnered with Alessandra (and not just because Lewi won a handful of penalties each season).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That thought went through my mind as well Andy, he may have been Reuben's perfect foil.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
I never really saw them that way. They worked together ok but it wasnt really a partnership as such. I reckon Harvey playing off RR might be good, if Reid could improve his layoffs.