Luggy's Book | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luggy's Book

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Leeder":7pohcrfz said:
Thanks for the further 'heads up', I got an e-mail yesterday apologising that it wasn't available for dispatch yet and for letting me down.

Hopefully, I will be due an e-mail like yours shortly.

I've had this one :sad:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I remember getting Jock Morrison's book and getting to page 100 and something (I'm a quick colourer-er) and thinking "I've read this before somewhere" only to find the pages from page 70 something had been reprinted. Anyone know how it ended?

On the subject of Scottish books. Once when travelling to work in Sri Lanka I bought Irving Welsh's Trainspotting which as anyone who's read it will know is written in Scottish. If Luggy has taken this approach "on moan" means on my own. There are other examples but it does help to have a Jockanese to English dictionary handy.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Leeder":2b61zcg6 said:
Liam Vercoe":2b61zcg6 said:
Leeder":2b61zcg6 said:
Just got an e-mail saying mine will be delivered tomorrow morning now, lol.

Me too! Are you actually me..? :tumbleweed:

That's depends, did your wife just call you to tell you that it had arrived? If not then no, its just a coincedence, lol.

Luckily, for women everywhere, I'm single, so we aren't the same person!

Mine came today too though and, although I haven't started to read it yet, I had a flip through and I'm delighted to say that it's a proper old-fashioned autobiography, with pictures in the middle and everything!!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Just had an e-mail to say the delivery has been delayed for a few days. No reason has been given. Perhaps the first print run is all at Waterstones Plymouth, ho ho!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Waterstones price ...£18-99.........Amazon £12-91

Jun 8, 2014
Anybody know if it'll be on Kindle? Must have saved hundreds of pounds on books using it, just hopeful this'll be on it.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
JonB":1lrgaceo said:

Jon B.......I stand corrected...........Although Waterstones Plymouth on Line is quoting the price at £18-99.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Luggy speaks very highly of Tony Wrathall during the New World's bollox-up

Really, in mine and many others' view the only board member to come out of the whole period with any personal integrity and honour intact, is Tony Wrathall, who lost a fortune trying to stem the flow of money and buy Plymouth time to sort out their affairs.

To me, Tony is a hero and his contribution to the cause of trying to save the club he loved deserves to be given its proper reward/
I used to tell him "say no" whenever one of the board came asking for a cheque to cover some bill or other, but Tony would always stump up.
Tony is back on the Plymouth Argyle board again now under their chairman James Brent and the club and supporters are lucky to have such a good bloke and genuine fan working in their interests