Luggy's Book | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luggy's Book

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I must get one of these.

I already have Luggy's Dundee Utd book - signed of course.

Got Book 1 as well, so this is a must!

Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
A decent enough read but I was expecting more of his thoughts on the Todd, Gardiner, kagami disaster than we got.
Most of the shocks came from Stapleton and Wrathalls responses.
Total respect for Tony Wrathall and anyone who criticised his return to attending games and then the board really ought to give his account a read.
I Loved Mpensa's excuse for missing training as well!!!!!!!!!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Andy in Peverell":26yzthlq said:
A decent enough read but I was expecting more of his thoughts on the Todd, Gardiner, kagami disaster than we got.
Total respect for Tony Wrathall and anyone who criticised his return to attending games and then the board really ought to give his account a read.

I haven't read the book but judging from comments on here, the book is rather tame in that Luggy didn't dish out the dirt on Staplewallet, Todd, Gardner, Kagami and Synan,and how he was moved upstairs...Slightly disappointing in that respect and No...I won't be buying it....

Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
oddball said:
Andy in Peverell said:

I haven't read the book but judging from comments on here, the book is rather tame in that Luggy didn't dish out the dirt on Staplewallet, Todd, Gardner, Kagami and Synan,and how he was moved upstairs...Slightly disappointing in that respect and No...I won't be buying it....

Tame is a good word.

I'd of preferred a bit more meat on the bone in all honesty.
He clearly wasn't impressed by Todd but never really went into the detail I'd hoped for

At least it gave Stapleton and Wrathall a platform for their opinion, which hadn't really been heard before.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Ordered from the club shop at 10 past midnight, Monday 28th.

Let's see how long it takes to get here!

:D

Dec 21, 2010
Read it on the train to Mansfield yesterday. I echo Andy's comment that it is "A decent enough read but I was expecting more of his thoughts on the Todd, Gardiner, Kagami disaster than we got. Most of the shocks came from Stapleton and Wrathall's responses". So yes tame, but an easy and enjoyable read. Loved the Mpenza anecdote !

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
I got mine yesterday.
I have to admit to being a little disappointed at the length of the book, and the size of the actual text means it will be a very quick read.
I can only hope the content is fantastic? Was hoping for a real in depth insight and not the usual skimming over of subjects that you get from most other autobiographies.

Mar 21, 2006
The thing that stands out the most for me is the eye watering salaries we were paying out for players then - Mpenza 10k per week Seip 6k per week - FFS! No wonder we got into the poo big time!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Don't think there needs to be Phil.

MS was the Son in Law of the Chairman, that can be the only reason that he got paid that much surely.

A good player in his day, but £6k a week?????!!!!

Nepotism at its very worst I would say, wouldn't you?

Jan 27, 2012
It sounds like high wages for Siep, but he was rated as one of the better defenders in the Championship for a few seasons. At that level of football, 6K a week is probably the going rate unfortunately. Similarly, paying 10K a week for Mpenza is probably what a decent quality striker costs in that league- although I expect other clubs paid some of their players even more than that. It sounds heck of a lot to us, but I expect these wages are normal for a team aiming to survive in the Championship- everything is relative. I hate to think what teams like Middlesborough curently pay in wages in that division.