Luke Young thread | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Young thread

May 22, 2006
It was such a boring question to ask though, and such an obvious answer.

"Oh god yes I regret it deeply, no idea what I was thinking there, I hope the Argyle fans can find it within themselves to forgive me."

Even if he did admit to a mistake, people would accuse Sheridan of being a poor manager by his own admission, so he can't win.

Aug 12, 2011
Said on here many times than Youngys stats were better than Conor's at the same age. So was only going to get better, bearing in mind we got 200k for Conor.
I'm guessing if he keeps scoring and getting assists then he will get a move to a Div 1 team for about 100k.
Felt at the time the manager released him to p1ss off the fans, and months later his attitude towards us hasn't changed.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
gracie11":fqikyxxk said:
Said on here many times than Youngys stats were better than Conor's at the same age. So was only going to get better, bearing in mind we got 200k for Conor.
I'm guessing if he keeps scoring and getting assists then he will get a move to a Div 1 team for about 100k.
Felt at the time the manager released him to p1ss off the fans, and months later his attitude towards us hasn't changed.
However if you look at stats such as being shoved off the ball and being bullied off the park then hourihane's would read so much better

May 22, 2006
gracie11":3i086mk0 said:

Someone actually posted this.

Yes, a manager would clearly risk his reputation just to troll the Argyle fans, that totally makes sense.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Andrew Owen":j6z3385w said:
It was such a boring question to ask though, and such an obvious answer.

"Oh god yes I regret it deeply, no idea what I was thinking there, I hope the Argyle fans can find it within themselves to forgive me."

Even if he did admit to a mistake, people would accuse Sheridan of being a poor manager by his own admission, so he can't win.
Good point tbf

C

Cobi Budge.

Glad he's doing well but I still believe it was the right decision.

It's Hourihane we miss, not Young.

G

Greenskin

Andrew Owen":1aq52sv4 said:
gracie11":1aq52sv4 said:

Someone actually posted this.

Yes, a manager would clearly risk his reputation just to troll the Argyle fans, that totally makes sense.

:lol: Only just seen this.Now why on earth would a 49 year old man whose entire life has been in football and in all probability is not qualified to do anything else for the remaining 15 years or so of his working life make a decision which could possibly jeopardise his career in order just to "pee off the fans"? :lol: If Sheridan gets the push at Argyle,it would be fairly doubtful that other clubs would be rushing to employ him as manager and that would leave him with a lot of income winning time to fill before he draws his OAP.No doubt as an ex premier league player and reasonably well paid manager he wouldn't be short of a bob or two at this moment in time but that won't last forever.He may get a bit of coaching or scouting [probably not media work though :) ] but it sure won't be as lucrative as a managers job.It isn't an unreasonable point of view to say that the decision to release Luke Young was wrong-i was very surprised about it myself,i guess time alone will tell but please....

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
A spectacular 25 yard volley.
Good job Shezza let him go 'for his own good'. Guffaw
Looking forward to a few 25 yard volleys from O'Connor. Guffaw.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I doubt we would have let him go if we had known sooner about CH attracting interest from that dark Northern club tearing up L1 tonight.

G

Gull9

What a goal he hit on Saturday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sKVScIxJNI
(2:39 in - right after he hit the post from a freekick)

He has been great for us - has now scored more goals than our top goalscorer last season (which says a lot about last season!).

Best goal we have seen at Plainmoor since Eunan O'Kane lobbed your french keeper from 40 yards.

Mar 29, 2011
Whilst Young has gone on to do well, it just wasn't working out for him playing in a proper league. I'm sure Dom Blizzard would score 10+ goals in the conference easily.

G

Gull9

Jasa":1qgrzscn said:
Whilst Young has gone on to do well, it just wasn't working out for him playing in a proper league. I'm sure Dom Blizzard would score 10+ goals in the conference easily.

A league in which Exeter are mid table :doh: :crazy: :shh:

Mar 29, 2011
Gull9":14sjblz0 said:
Jasa":14sjblz0 said:

A league in which Exeter are mid table :doh: :crazy:

Could be worse, could be a league below the league Exeter are mid table in :doh: :funny: