Luke Young thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Young thread

May 22, 2006
Gull9":2q5wgmio said:
What a goal he hit on Saturday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sKVScIxJNI
(2:39 in - right after he hit the post from a freekick)

He has been great for us - has now scored more goals than our top goalscorer last season (which says a lot about last season!).

Best goal we have seen at Plainmoor since Eunan O'Kane lobbed your french keeper from 40 yards.

Hey where did this guy go? Giving it all this about Luke Young less than a month ago, but now he's suddenly gone all quiet.

*checks conference table*

ah, right.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I don't know how well he performs for Torquay but I still think Sheridan was right in letting him go, he just wasn't doing it for us imo, showed glimpses but seeing them once every 5 games or so just isn't good enough for a team trying to get promotion.

Good luck to him and the Turks though.

C

Cobi Budge.

Sheridan spoke about this last week at the meet the manager event, said Young got himself in to a comfort zone on the edges of the team and wasn't pushing himself to secure a place & that Sheridan couldn't get him out of that mindset, so a move was the best option.

Wish him luck but no regrets.

Mar 29, 2011
In fairness, whilst I'm not expecting people to travel miles and miles for no reason, as their captain he should really have attended their game. He was obviously available on the day and Aldershot isn't exactly that far to travel.

C

Cobi Budge.

I thought it was a bad decision by all concerned.

As Jasa said, as captain he probably should have been at the Torquay game so has clearly annoyed a few of their fans and players.

Also, if I was Sheridan, I'd consider it a bit of an insult, especially with Steve Davies saying "we are all gutted you left considering the talent you have".

Decent guy and a local lad but he plays for someone else now and I thought it was all a bit silly and naive.

C

Cobi Budge.

Something tells me you wouldn't say the same if it were any other player Paven.

We released Young last season because he wasn't stamping a starting spot & he wasn't working hard enough to do so. He has since dropped a league and become captain of another club. Therefore I think giving him a heroes welcome back was a bit embarrassing & to an extent disrespectful to Sheridan.

As I've said, wish him all the best for the future, really decent guy but I agreed with the decision to release him and I don't want him back.

I have no idea why he's treated as an Argyle legend, he was born here, he wasn't good enough, we released him.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2461pkw4 said:
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TORQUAY-UNITED-Chris-Hargreaves-defends-Luke/story-23611228-detail/story.html

Young has been criticised for conducting the half time draw at Argyle on Saturday. He was also at the Fan Fest.
He just can't let it go. Shame.
He can't let it go? Are you referring to Young himself? He was actually asked to come and attend the fans fest and the half-time draw and when asked, he said yes.

It's hardly the behaviour of David Brent in the office who got himself into such a state of denial that he turned up at his old workplace every day desperate in a state of high emotion in spite of being made redundant a long time earlier. It's just a nice (and perhaps slightly over-compliant) young lad agreeing to a request that was personally made to him and having a chance to see some old mates after whilst he was at it. Not really the behaviour I'd say of someone who just can't let it go. Unless of course I've misread your point in which case I apologise.

Serious overreaction alert to this 'story' from all across the board in my view. As Hargreaves said, he would if nothing else have had to book an extra room for Young if he'd travelled up with the team which would have incurred extra expense. It is the managers role to motivate and organise the players on a matchday BEFORE stepping onto the pitch. It is the acting captain's role to do similar AFTER the players stepping onto the pitch. The suspended captain is somewhat irrelevant in either category and (for an away game certainly) does not need to be there. Silly story and one that would never have seen the light of day if Torquay had won the match at Aldershot. Did Wotton travel with the Argyle team every game when he was out long-term injured? As I said, silly non-story on a slow news day.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Blimey!! Speaking of an over reaction.....

Jun 8, 2014
Oh dear Sam - a constructed argument?

I hope you aren't expecting any serious replies (this post not included).

G

Gull9

Luke Young and 10 average conference players is our lot this year.

Strong rumour is come Jan we will be 11 average conference players as we have signed a pre-contract agreement with Bristol City for his services. 200k is the figure quoted.

Wonder if Sheridan will still claim he made the right decision should this be the case?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
A bit sad though, a Torquay fan getting his rocks off on what a silly mistake we made by letting go a decent Plymouth player.

Still IF the rumour is true, good luck to Luke.

G

Gull9

Trust me - I am not getting my 'rocks off' having Luke as the only bright light at my club who are nothing more than an average conference team and the fact we might lose him for a fee which will be swallowed up by the ever increasing debt.