Luke Young | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Young

G

Greens12

run_PAFC":ome54huf said:
He's still developing/learning. Playing CM is a big role for somebody of his age because you need to be everywhere. Good player with lots of potential.

And you also got to know how to pass the ball to your own team...

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Steve.PAFC2012":qnr474b7 said:
GreenSam":qnr474b7 said:
Typical English disease of preferring big, pacey, leg busting, muscled players with average control of the ball to genuine footballers. As per.

I'll bet anyone who'll agree to it, with the use of my printscreen a tenner that Young will play at a higher level than this. Easily League One if not the Championship. He's a footballer. If he was Spanish he'd be fastracked up the football ladder. England can't see past his size.

And Steve, saying people can't accept others opinions, yet you say "the tw*ts on here believe it"? Irony.
You're on :thumbup:
Virtual hand is shaken.

G

Greens12

GreenSam":1irg0lz9 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":1irg0lz9 said:
GreenSam":1irg0lz9 said:
Typical English disease of preferring big, pacey, leg busting, muscled players with average control of the ball to genuine footballers. As per.

I'll bet anyone who'll agree to it, with the use of my printscreen a tenner that Young will play at a higher level than this. Easily League One if not the Championship. He's a footballer. If he was Spanish he'd be fastracked up the football ladder. England can't see past his size.

And Steve, saying people can't accept others opinions, yet you say "the tw*ts on here believe it"? Irony.
Virtual hand is shaken.

If he does get into the England team (dout it) or even youth levels; I'll happily admit that I was wrong to saying he was a poo player but then if Heskey and Nugent can get in anybody can

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Mac Rickard":3qx2ztvr said:
GreenSam":3qx2ztvr said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3qx2ztvr said:
GreenSam":3qx2ztvr said:

Virtual hand is shaken.

If he does get into the England team (dout it) or even youth levels; I'll happily admit that I was wrong to saying he was a poo player but then if Heskey and Nugent can get in anybody can
I doubt he will too, I'd be surprised if he played for England, but I think he'll play at a higher level.

Fwiw I think England youth caps (below U21 level or so) mean sod all. Liam Head got youth caps ffs. So did Curtis Nelson and Lecointe and they're not always flavour of the week after a game.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
He is just a mere boy dropped in at the deep end without his armbands
I don't expect him to be dominating games and our saviour.

That said he hasn't impressed me at all. Too small,too weak, no trickery or pace but apart from that ......

Can't see him ever playing beyond League 1 at this point of time so whilst England are pretty poor in world terms now there would have to be an Argyle style downturn in the national game for him to represent the country

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Don't understand this thread at all.

Isn't Luke Young a teenager? What do people expect from one so young (no pun intended)? I mean really, is this what level we have dropped to as "fans" of this football club? A local lad breaks into the first team and we give him hassle before his career has even got started? He has what five, six, seven years until he is at his peak and he is already being written off? Incredible. Why we don't use Pasoti as a means of recruiting scouts, coaches and managers I don't know.

Young will play at a higher level than this; that is a definite. Whilst I don't know how high he'll reach it is a certainty that Sam has made himself an easy ten quid this evening.

Dec 8, 2011
He isn't a bad player just not a very good one at the moment, he would be better off with 3-6 months at a BSP team and for him to just enjoy it.

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
What is going on here ?
Ok there`s a lot of unhappy supporters at the moment, myself included, but threads attacking individual players, particularly those at a key learning and development stage of their career is not the answer. I firmly believe if we had a manager with any vision or consideration for his players development he would have brought in some experienced midfielders in the summer and arranged for Luke and probably Connor to have a season with a conference team to help progress their game. Its not Lukes fault he`s being asked to do a job he clearly isnt ready for . In my opinion Luke will make the grade, probably quite quickly, players have a knack of suddenly turning the corner and hitting their stride , look at the current progress of, for example Joe mason and Ashley Barnes, two players who i seem to remember had more than their fair share of critics on this message board early in their football career but have found their stride once managed by someone who understands how to develop them properly.

Aug 7, 2010
PL2 3DQ":3lqh1lqx said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3lqh1lqx said:
chunks":3lqh1lqx said:
PL2 3DQ":3lqh1lqx said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3lqh1lqx said:
Trapdoor":3lqh1lqx said:
Over rated is a bit strong Luke is a good player but no saviour of pafc ! People and press need to let the boy go & concentrate on his footy
No. Hes overated.

How about just leaving him alone.

He's a young Plymothian just starting out in the game and for the second season running he's playing in a struggling and demoralised team. He's actually doing what many of us can only dream of.

Direct your frustrations elsewhere.

I agree. Yet another pointless, unhelpful post. :sigh:
It's a forum of opinions, get used to it.

It's about time you made another GreenBonk video so we can give our opinion. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

L

Lee Roberts

Very sad thread.
Why do Argyle fans give out kickings to fellow janners that have done good?
Summerfield and Wotton also spring to mind and I would have Summers back in a heart beat.
Luke Young isn't the problem, turn your attentions elsewhere.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Lee Roberts":2xlt7zlw said:
Very sad thread.
Why do Argyle fans give out kickings to fellow janners that have done good?
Summerfield and Wotton also spring to mind and I would have Summers back in a heart beat.
Luke Young isn't the problem, turn your attentions elsewhere.

Like Andy Morrison, Trevor Francis, Dawn French and Sharon Davies you mean?

So... it's not all Janners who done good that receive criticism.

Some people just don't rate Wotton or Summerfield - we can't all agree can we?
Why can't you accept that?

L

Lee Roberts

I can accept other people's opinion but Luke Young is in the team because of injuries to more experienced and better players.
The lad is just starting out in pro football and like other young players will have off days.
All I'm saying is cut him a little slack.
I'm not saying he's the next Gerrard but there is potential and in the right system he could shine.
He's been thrown in the deep end playing in a struggling side, lets not forget that.
FWIW I think when/if Jenkins and Lowry are fit, Luke Young will be on the bench mostly.

Apr 5, 2012
Lee Roberts":2fym0oti said:
I can accept other people's opinion but Luke Young is in the team because of injuries to more experienced and better players.
The lad is just starting out in pro football and like other young players will have off days.
All I'm saying is cut him a little slack.
I'm not saying he's the next Gerrard but there is potential and in the right system he could shine.
He's been thrown in the deep end playing in a struggling side, lets not forget that.
FWIW I think when/if Jenkins and Lowry are fit, Luke Young will be on the bench mostly.

He emulated one thing about Gerrard on Sat, and that was giving the ball away in a panic when being closed down and running around like a headless chicken for most of the match. He did lack the upside of a great strike that goes in every so often though.

but I agree, hes only playing because of injuries.