Luke Young | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Young

C

Cult Of Personality

He suffering from 2nd season syndrome i think

He will come good he still young and no where near his peak

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
A crying shame really.

A young janner lad has a brilliant first season, then is asked by his gaffer to play in the bear pit that is a League 2 centre midfield - and gets criticised by his own supporters.

He is a small lad. Playing centre midfield is tough for any young player, let alone someone 5' 8”and with the build of a teenager. He's playing against 6 foot fully grown men. All the stamina in the world can't make up for the physical challenge he's up against. The best players in the world, such as Prem youngsters, very rarely are thrown into a physical men's football at his age - their develop their technical skills v other youth players in the youth leagues.

Does it make fans feel like big men to criticise young lads doing their best? :banghead: As for fans having the right to criticse Wotton and Summerfield, those players will forever hold a bitterness against many in the Green Army for their bizarre constand hounding of them. Wotton walked back into our team and so would Summerfield. Which would indicate that some sections of our support are moronic and blinded by their own negativity.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Ollieargyle9":1mkuny2z said:
Really? The guy is 19 years old there is no need for this kind of thread dismissing his chances when his career has barely begun.

How many 19 year olds can say they held down a regular place in a proffesional football club, very few I imagine. Give him a chance...
:iagree:

max

Jan 5, 2012
PORTSMOUTH
SurreyGreen":1wql5uof said:
Ollieargyle9":1wql5uof said:
Really? The guy is 19 years old there is no need for this kind of thread dismissing his chances when his career has barely begun.

How many 19 year olds can say they held down a regular place in a proffesional football club, very few I imagine. Give him a chance...
:iagree:

It's easy for all to see that in this league big robust players are necessary in order to win matches!! it's not difficult. It was always said that a good bigun is better than a good littleun!!

Aug 28, 2012
What a sad sad post this is.

Young has not long turned 19 and loves Argyle. He has been thrust in to a poor team over the past 12 months and has shown nothing but 100% commitment to the cause. He is a very good technical footballer and at a higher level club would be still developing in their U21 squad as Jack Stephens is doing at Southampton. He is struggling for form at the moment as are a great majority of the team. He needs a senior figure in midfield to assist and Hourihane is in the same position but without one (even Wotton) things are tough. Tactics with two CM's on Saturday against Wimbledons three did not help.

Get off the lad's back - and get behind the likes of Young - they will be our future if given the chance to develop and need your support. The future of this club is home grown youth - that's what JB has said in his statement.

May 16, 2005
Elburton
Leave the lad alone, for Christ's sake.

He's only 19 and at this stage of his career, he needs regular games with an experienced partner in midfield. Circumstances dictate that he has Conor Hourihane next to him and so they're getting overrun.
The same argument applies to Hourihane.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Future yes, key player today No.

That's the difference.

We should be a team battering others with a fully fit squad and with injures/suspensions we should be able to bring in other squad players to cover and still compete for points.

At the moment we aren't really competing with a near fully fit squad which is alarming and the results are screaming in the faces if everyone but the management that what we are doing for 90 minutes on a match day IS NOT WORKING.

And I come back to the OP point, it's damaging to our young players that are having confidence knocked out of them because they are being thrown into the fire of under performing tactics and team selections.

Youth and younger less experianced players should be eased into a winning team not given a centre stage in a woeful one.

Jul 6, 2011
I do agree that mocking the young lads will only destroy them, we need to be proper supporters and consistent.
We have been blessed with many good young players; some still here and some who have moved on to better things. I think Luke has played some brilliant games for us, but am not sure that his position should be central especially at this time of his development, would like to see him back out on the right wing and Macca up front with Griff/Madjo.

Luke Young, a local lad, will have a great career. Whether come the end it will be with us or not? I don't know, I hope so. He has talent and durability, but like a lot of todays players I am not sure it's being used in the right areas. But then again I'm not a manager, so who knows.
We have a few players who can play defending midfielder, Wotton, Jenkins, Lowry, Baz, but not Luke Young. It's just not his position.

Overall I think we are now seeing what happens when our reserves have no regular league to play in. When was the last time Lecoint, Simms, Copp, Lennox, Richards, Gilmartin, Chenowith etc had regular games to keep them match fit? Not entering any league was a bad decision I think...

C

callum no7

"He needs a senior figure in midfield to assist"

- agree with this statement. He's a decent player but really needs someone with more power and experience alongside him. When he has the confidence of some big lug backing up the defence he makes more movement forward.

Aug 28, 2012
briangreen":23mmnw20 said:
I do agree that mocking the young lads will only destroy them, we need to be proper supporters and consistent.
We have been blessed with many good young players; some still here and some who have moved on to better things. I think Luke has played some brilliant games for us, but am not sure that his position should be central especially at this time of his development, would like to see him back out on the right wing and Macca up front with Griff/Madjo.

Luke Young, a local lad, will have a great career. Whether come the end it will be with us or not? I don't know, I hope so. He has talent and durability, but like a lot of todays players I am not sure it's being used in the right areas. But then again I'm not a manager, so who knows.
We have a few players who can play defending midfielder, Wotton, Jenkins, Lowry, Baz, but not Luke Young. It's just not his position.

Overall I think we are now seeing what happens when our reserves have no regular league to play in. When was the last time Lecoint, Simms, Copp, Lennox, Richards, Gilmartin, Chenowith etc had regular games to keep them match fit? Not entering any league was a bad decision I think...

:nworthy: Wonderfully articulated as always Brian

max

Jan 5, 2012
PORTSMOUTH
Everyone at Argyle seems to be "practicing" for something better in the future. That includes the Owner, manager, trainer, physio and half the bloody football team!!!!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Whilst Luke Young may not be the solution, he most certainly isn`t the problem, a wide player of small stature being asked to operate in the "bear pit" of central midfield where he is expected to control operations and dictate play even though he is immensely inexperienced. He appears alongside Hourihane who is also lightweight and relatively inexperienced and both are playing in a team that is in a state of flux with no-one in a position to mentor them. The basement of league two is not the place to learn ones craft, if blame is to be apportioned then the management would be a fair target. Getting stick at HP and again on PASOTI is not an environment which lends itself to boosting confidence or improving skills, a little like pulling the wings off flies. :sigh:

Oct 8, 2008
Don't have a problem with Luke at all, he's a decent player who will only improve.

Do have a problem with the manager playing him in a position where he really struggles to make an impact, game after game. It can't be doing his confidence any good.

If only we had a central midfielder who could step in while we're short in that area and lead from the front, someone experienced, a 'seen it all before' type of player who could offer an influence on the pitch...