Match day pasties | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Match day pasties

Your favourite pasty?

• Ivor Dewdney

Votes: 71 39.0%
  • Ron Dewdney

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Ginsters

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • The Gorge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Oggy Oggy

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Pilgrim Pasties

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Dashers

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Friary Mill

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Warren’s

• Lewis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philip’s

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Chaucer Way

• Anne’s

• Homemade

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 11.0%

• Total voters
Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Lundan Cabbie":1wh5utl0 said:
I have been down here nearly ten years and still haven't worked out the fascination with pasties.

You've only come down as far as Plymouth, proper pasties can be found the other side of the Tamar, give one of them a go and you'll know what the fuss is about :thumbs:

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Ollieargyle9":3ir4mo43 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3ir4mo43 said:
I have been down here nearly ten years and still haven't worked out the fascination with pasties.

You've only come down as far as Plymouth, proper pasties can be found the other side of the Tamar, give one of them a go and you'll know what the fuss is about :thumbs:
I lived in Illogan for about 18 months before I saw the error of my ways an can honestly say I much prefer our very own Ivors. The problem with the pasties down that way is no matter where I bought one they always had all the meat stuck in a tidy row down one side instead of it being mixed in with the swede and spud. It totaly changes the flavour as the meat juices don't intergrate and leaves them sort of bland. Now I accept this may well be the Cornish way and it may even be the correct way of making a pasty but it's not for me. Each to their own I guess and personal taste.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Anyone else notice how Ivor's so called "GIANT" pasties are getting smaller and smaller :furious: and if anyone say's no then you should have gone specsavers.

P

pilgrim errant

The market butcher recommended Lewis's near Dewdneys - superb. I prefer Ron's to Ivor, and Warren's are pretty good. However, my health dictates that I can' t have them anymore so how come I,m an expert? Don't' tell the Missus but I occasionally cheat! Only on pasties though!

Jul 29, 2010
Ollieargyle9":31oa49p3 said:
Lundan Cabbie":31oa49p3 said:

Don't tell 'im that, I've come down this week specifically to avoid (other) emmets (I get the irony) from up country.

Besides these Lon-don village types bring their own weird culinary infections with them. Walking round from Talland to Looe yesterday I spotted a group of 'julian & jocasta's' on a chequered blanket eating quiche and choux buns.

Don't want their types, so far the virus has been contained to Padstein :furious:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
grove vale":23nmhf9o said:
The market butcher recommended Lewis's near Dewdneys - superb. I prefer Ron's to Ivor, and Warren's are pretty good. However, my health dictates that I can' t have them anymore so how come I,m an expert? Don't' tell the Missus but I occasionally cheat! Only on pasties though!

:lol:

However, are you a TRUE Janner? I have to ask as Ron's are an insult to the word pasty whereas Ivor's are the essence of all things Plimuff.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Hear hear

Rons should be patterned with Ginsters and burnt to the ground.