Match day pasties | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Match day pasties

Your favourite pasty?

• Ivor Dewdney

Votes: 71 39.0%
  • Ron Dewdney

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Ginsters

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • The Gorge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Oggy Oggy

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Pilgrim Pasties

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Dashers

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Friary Mill

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Warrenā€™s

• Lewis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philipā€™s

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Chaucer Way

• Anneā€™s

• Homemade

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 11.0%

• Total voters
R

Rob Thomas

Any pasty in Cornwall > Any 'pasty' in Plymouth. There I've said it!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Cobi Budge.":3da8ps80 said:
Hoping for Morecambe away in the FA cup, send me back for another chicken, bacon & leek pie, delicious! :scarf: :lol:
Regret not having one of those when i went to Morecambe, wouldn't want them in the cup though, despite how they've gone the last few years i'd like an away tie against a non league side

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pogleswoody":23stgb6i said:
Rob Thomas":23stgb6i said:

Ginsters is in Callington I believe?? :whistle:

Get out of that one without moving!! :lol:

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
Rob Thomas":175hp7ck said:
I once had a traditional cornish pasty in Boscastle it had meat and teddy on one side and apple tart on the other. What is that all about .the tin miners had them for savory and sweet aparently. How do you know which end to start.Of course I started the wrong end, bleddy awfull pasty. its Ivors for me.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ā›³ļø
šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
How any body can eat an Ivor Dewdney pasty is beyond me, Taste & look like saturday night pavement scrapings wrapped in oil soaked pastry

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Clem":1rifxa4w said:
Rob Thomas":1rifxa4w said:
I once had a traditional cornish pasty in Boscastle it had meat and teddy on one side and apple tart on the other. What is that all about .the tin miners had them for savory and sweet aparently. How do you know which end to start.Of course I started the wrong end, bleddy awfull pasty. its Ivors for me.

Apples smell different to teddies. Cornish miners always fearful of poisonous gases had/have a highly developed sense of smell. On the other hand. each wife, who baked the said multi-filled pasty, would know whether her spouse was left or right handed. he would always hold his pasty in his dirty mit with the crimping to the right. That being the case he would eat his savoury end first to be followed by the desert end at the bottom end of the pasty. See Richard's Trevithick's tome, 'Catering for a Hungry Miner' Penberthy Press 1832

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think that's why Cornish people have six fingers. It's far easier for crimping purposes apparently.

May 22, 2006
The chicken balti pie I had at half time vs Shrewsbury blew all other pastry products away.

You people and your insistence on the pasty. Missing out on so much. So, so much.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Philps in Hayle for me.

Ivor's are awful. Similar to a meat slice with really flimsy pastry and hardly any filling! Would even put a Warren's above an Ivor :/