Matthews sign him up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Matthews sign him up

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Lundan Cabbie":lku1ddk6 said:
PL2 3DQ":lku1ddk6 said:
Adams will want to make sure our three keepers are fully match fit before returning which means Matthews will be with us for quite a while. :)

Since joining us he hasn't put a foot (or hand) wrong - a good shot stopper, comes for crosses, can kick well and now saves penalties.

He's entering into Alan Miller type legendary status.

Will Adams be allowed to keep him until all three are fit? I doubt it. Matthews is on a day to day emergency loan. He came in because Argyle had NO fit senior 'keeper available. The club may get away with one 'keeper returning to fitness but once there are two available to Adams, he surely will have to go back. There might well be some dodgy medical certificates heading towards EFL headquarters. :shh:

I believe the rule is that we can only have a keeper on emergency loan if we have NO fit keepers, the moment any of our keepers are fit Matthews has to go back.

Apr 29, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":2dn241yq said:
PL2 3DQ":2dn241yq said:
Adams will want to make sure our three keepers are fully match fit before returning which means Matthews will be with us for quite a while. :)

Since joining us he hasn't put a foot (or hand) wrong - a good shot stopper, comes for crosses, can kick well and now saves penalties.

Will Adams be allowed to keep him until all three are fit? I doubt it. Matthews is on a day to day emergency loan. He came in because Argyle had NO fit senior 'keeper available. The club may get away with one 'keeper returning to fitness but once there are two available to Adams, he surely will have to go back. There might well be some dodgy medical certificates heading towards EFL headquarters. :shh:

It won’t be that easy I’m afraid. Certificates have to be secured from independent doctors which then have to be independently verified. As soon as Luke is assessed as fit Mathews will be on his way.

philmeboots":6tplfbfx said:
Lundan Cabbie":6tplfbfx said:
PL2 3DQ":6tplfbfx said:

It won’t be that easy I’m afraid. Certificates have to be secured from independent doctors which then have to be independently verified. As soon as Luke is assessed as fit Mathews will be on his way.

Or letheren or Te Loeke.

Oct 31, 2015
PlymOdi":i0g88zy7 said:
if anyone see's any of our keepers, be sure to ask how they're getting on. If it's close stand on their toes.

I just spat my tea out. so funny :funny: :funny:

Hard on Letheran mind I really like him in goal :thumbs:

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
rsp4":3on6rizk said:
PlymOdi":3on6rizk said:
if anyone see's any of our keepers, be sure to ask how they're getting on. If it's close stand on their toes.

I just spat my tea out. so funny :funny: :funny:

Hard on Letheran mind I really like him in goal :thumbs:

To be fair, both Luke + Kyle are good keepers, and we could do much worse than them in L1. Remi is not a L1 keeper, he's a class above, and will go on to be at least a #1 for a Championship team.
I've often been criticized for saying we can also do better than Luke, Remi has shown what I mean by this, and whilst I'll miss having Remi afterwards, I do trust Luke to do a good job for us this season. (Or Kyle, but I believe he's out for longer than Luke)

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
There's a good chance that by the time any of our current keepers are fit the transfer window will be open so we may then get to sign him for the rest of the season....

Jul 6, 2009
I said at the time all credit to Adams for signing Matthews. He is a really good young keeper destined for a higher level. We have zero chance of signing him. McCormick will be suffering a set back on his road to fitness then miraculously recover once Norwich call young Rene back.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
skynet":mg8zkwj3 said:
I said at the time all credit to Adams for signing Matthews. He is a really good young keeper destined for a higher level. We have zero chance of signing him. McCormick will be suffering a set back on his road to fitness then miraculously recover once Norwich call young Rene back.

Whilst we can all safely assume we will not be buying Remi. Is there any chance of a 6 month loan? He gets assured first team experience, we get a good keeper to help our fight.

Sep 13, 2003
I think everyone has forgotten what having keeper who shows the most brilliant positioning can do. Luke please take bow or fudge off.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Noticeable how Letheren on crutches went up to support the boys no sign of the other injured players !
Mathews is too good to be someone number 3 goalkeeper at 23 years of age and shows what is wrong with this academy system in this country where the bigger clubs cherry pick and then stifle the best young talent
We have e just won two youth world cups with a golden generation what's the odds that only two or three of these two squads of players make it as top top players ? Spain won the world cup and Euro championships with a similar crop of players a generation ago

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
edengreen":1vgg3m4m said:
Noticeable how Letheren on crutches went up to support the boys no sign of the other injured players !
Mathews is too good to be someone number 3 goalkeeper at 23 years of age and shows what is wrong with this academy system in this country where the bigger clubs cherry pick and then stifle the best young talent
We have e just won two youth world cups with a golden generation what's the odds that only two or three of these two squads of players make it as top top players ? Spain won the world cup and Euro championships with a similar crop of players a generation ago

I think Letheren was in Bradford anyway having had surgery up there.... was there to get the bus back.

H

handbags blake

Concerning no other injured players supporting the team yesterday they were mostly in the life centre doing their re hab training including super luke,get well soon lads and COYG. Brilliant result yesterday.