Matthews sign him up | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Matthews sign him up

Jul 6, 2009
Norwich currently have Angus Gunn on loan from Man City who is the son of Bryan Gunn and a former youth team player for them. They also have Michael McGovern who played brilliantly for Northern Ireland in Switzerland tonight. Paul Jones is nearly fit but what a selection of keepers they have. Let us all enjoy Matthews while we have him because the boy is bledy good.

Jul 12, 2016
Strange how all the posters lambasting anybody who dared to criticize SUPER Luke are suddenly somewhat quiet!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
oldage":2z2vskfz said:
Strange how all the posters lambasting anybody who dared to criticize SUPER Luke are suddenly somewhat quiet!

Luke is still a very able goalkeeper at this level. We have been fortunate and privileged to have such an able replacement the last month.

Jul 3, 2013
Mathews will be with us until Luke is fit so expect to see him for quite a while yet unless Norwich change their stance on him. Luke is a way off being fully fit to play and even the dumbest of persons would milk the injuries to the others.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I'd move Te Loeke on, and sign this guy on loan in January if we can. He's been the difference, though I also think we shouldn't overlook the impact Diagouraga has made as well.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Would love him to sign up but I would imagine have zero chance of getting him longer than our emergency loan.

He's very highly thought of at Norwich and their current number 3 keeper so a gamble on their part if they loaned him in Jan.

Aug 5, 2016
Glynn":22t3d5fo said:
Would love him to sign up but I would imagine have zero chance of getting him longer than our emergency loan.

He's very highly thought of at Norwich and their current number 3 keeper so a gamble on their part if they loaned him in Jan.

He may be highly thought of at Norwich, but he's 23 and never made an appearance for them. He is under contract until July 2018 with the option of another year.

Stranger things have happened than a player deciding they want to step out of the shadows and become a number 1 somewhere rather than remain a reserve. Why not at Argyle? League One club, decent sized city. I'm sure when Adams has to say goodbye to Matthews, he'll jot his number down in his diary and persuasively try to make a longer term switch happen.

In the meantime Matthews seems happy to be here judging by his Twitter, and Sonny Bradley says he's a great character in the dressing room.

May 8, 2011
Knibbsworth":1oxnnctq said:
Glynn":1oxnnctq said:

He may be highly thought of at Norwich, but he's 23 and never made an appearance for them. He is under contract until July 2018 with the option of another year.

Stranger things have happened than a player deciding they want to step out of the shadows and become a number 1 somewhere rather than remain a reserve. Why not at Argyle? League One club, decent sized city. I'm sure when Adams has to say goodbye to Matthews, he'll jot his number down in his diary and persuasively try to make a longer term switch happen.

In the meantime Matthews seems happy to be here judging by his Twitter, and Sonny Bradley says he's a great character in the dressing room.

The Herald reported his contract was until summer 2019 with an option of another year.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
HC Green":2hvyp4w9 said:
Knibbsworth":2hvyp4w9 said:
Glynn":2hvyp4w9 said:

The Herald reported his contract was until summer 2019 with an option of another year.

Lets take that as confirmation that its 2018 then :thumbup:

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Knibbsworth":328uz8rt said:
Glynn":328uz8rt said:

Yeah understand what you're saying and hopefully the player thinks that way. Will be inter sting to see what happens come January.