Meet The Manager Q&A Monday 27th July 7pm At Home Park | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Meet The Manager Q&A Monday 27th July 7pm At Home Park

C

chronicgreen

But they aren't there now and are unlikely to be for the foreseeable under the current regime.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
The issue with moving the dugouts is it would severely restrict the view of many in the front rows, the very front of course is reserved as disabled seating. Plus the actual stand is a little way back from the pitch with the wide walkway. I can't really see it working.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nor can I but it was asked and DA said he wouldn't mind, but only as throwaway remark.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
IJN":1e2hmudc said:
I'd say you'd be wrong then.

The beasts that stood behind the dugouts were obnoxious and vile.

I loved every minute of it. :lol:
The good old days!!! :whistle: :cool:

Jan 3, 2013
Topboy":1fpomhhq said:
IJN":1fpomhhq said:
I'd say you'd be wrong then.

The beasts that stood behind the dugouts were obnoxious and vile.

I loved every minute of it. :lol:
The good old days!!! :whistle: :cool:
does that include standing on top of the tunnel on play off semi final night in 1996 :whistle:

Jun 18, 2015
Should be good and no doubt he will be more warming and more talkative and passionate than sheridan ever was

Jun 18, 2015
Andrew Owen":atni5loy said:
Greenford":atni5loy said:
Should be good and no doubt he will be more warming and more talkative and passionate than sheridan ever was

Um...
it was yesterday.
oh :facepalm: like I said I hope he came across more welcoming and approachable and passionate than sheridan. It will be nice to have a passionate manager not a dull boring character like sheridan was. Derek Adams seems like a breath of fresh air to the club.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":28zbjc7t said:
Greenskin":28zbjc7t said:
IJN":28zbjc7t said:
Perhaps it's nothing to do with the 'careers' but the skill levels. As for Hartley, you and I have no idea what pay he earns but I would wager he's one of our highest.

From what I've seen I'd certainly want to see Jervis more than Morgan and we have yet to see if Blizzard's replacement will bring more to the team, thought I would suggest it's hard not to.

You can maintain your stance about a lower budget than last year Sam, but try not to mould the debate around dodgy supposition it devalues the argument IMHO.

Interlinked surely? The careers of the players brought in so far give no indication that they are any better equipped to execute the most important skill of all, namely putting the ball in the net on a reasonably frequent basis, than the players still in the squad or those who have departed. And that , in spite of all the bullshine talked in various quarters about tactics or the manager not jumping up and down like a dervish with nettle rash, was the real reason why Argyle didn't go up last season.

That's exactly what the Manager said last night Mr Skin.

It was very noticeable when he was asked (a few times) about our lamentable record about fighting back from behind, he grimaced as if someone had run their nails down a blackboard. He then said 'Look it's not rocket science is it, if your have 5 or 7 people defending you're not going to score a lot at the other end'.

It's only 'bullshine' if it's talked about and not implemented, which his predecessor was guilty of, I have a feeling that this man firmly believes in 'attack mode'.

I agree with everyone that says 'talk the talk' now 'walk the walk', indeed I said this to Graham last night, but DA does give the impression when he says something he says it because it's what he believes in rather than 'I'll tell them what they want to hear'.

Time will tell, but so far so good.

The ONLY thing that counts is the games against our peers, nothing else. Talk, friendlies, meetings, media etc etc counts for bugger all.

I've put a decent bet on this year, and that's unusual for me. But I have a good feeling about this bloke. I really have.

Looking forward to our first 'come from behind' victory. Probably from 3-0 down to win 8-9.

Dec 2, 2005
London
Greenford":sl5aug7r said:
Andrew Owen":sl5aug7r said:
Greenford":sl5aug7r said:

Um...
it was yesterday.
oh :facepalm: like I said I hope he came across more welcoming and approachable and passionate than sheridan. It will be nice to have a passionate manager not a dull boring character like sheridan was. Derek Adams seems like a breath of fresh air to the club.

By all accounts Sheridan was approachable and passionate when at similar events.

I like what I see from Adams but must everything be used as a stick to beat a guy who saved us from near certain relegation and took us to the play offs?

Jun 18, 2015
LostPilgrim":ogqpw4vy said:
Greenford":ogqpw4vy said:
Andrew Owen":ogqpw4vy said:
Greenford":ogqpw4vy said:

Um...
it was yesterday.

By all accounts Sheridan was approachable and passionate when at similar events.

I like what I see from Adams but must everything be used as a stick to beat a guy who saved us from near certain relegation and took us to the play offs?
Meh yes he saved us from relegation I appreciate that but everything he did after that wasnt great one of the worst managers we have had in recent memory sure he got us to the play offs but it never felt like a play off winning team, there was never excitement especially with his boring football and dour demeanor. The simple fact is that he isnt a very good manager and im glad we have a more passionate attack minded manager that will hopefully bring excitement to this football club which we have lacked for a long time. Good riddence to Sheridan and bring on the new rein under Derek Adams.

G

Greenskin

Greenford":15pbcmec said:
LostPilgrim":15pbcmec said:
Andrew Owen":15pbcmec said:

Um...
it was yesterday.

Meh yes he saved us from relegation I appreciate that but everything he did after that wasnt great one of the worst managers we have had in recent memory sure he got us to the play offs but it never felt like a play off winning team, there was never excitement especially with his boring football and dour demeanor. The simple fact is that he isnt a very good manager and im glad we have a more passionate attack minded manager that will hopefully bring excitement to this football club which we have lacked for a long time. Good riddence to Sheridan and bring on the new rein under Derek Adams.

:lol: I just hope you're saying the same things at the end of the season, pal.

C

Cobi Budge.

Sheridan's record at HP wasn't that bad. But the key point was it always felt bad. This came up in the Q & A.

Last year, on paper, we actually did rather well, a good home record, very few goals conceded over the course of the season, a 7th place finish. The issue is, did it ever feel like a promotion push? Not to me. It still felt like a mid table mediocrity season. I think the reason being the lack of real excitement on the pitch (especially in the latter stages), a distant manager and a disconnect between club and fans.

I want us to do well, but when I hand over my money, I want to be entertained as well.

G

Greenskin

Cobi Budge.":3b3tx6ix said:
Sheridan's record at HP wasn't that bad. But the key point was it always felt bad. This came up in the Q & A.

Last year, on paper, we actually did rather well, a good home record, very few goals conceded over the course of the season, a 7th place finish. The issue is, did it ever feel like a promotion push? Not to me. It still felt like a mid table mediocrity season. I think the reason being the lack of real excitement on the pitch (especially in the latter stages), a distant manager and a disconnect between club and fans.

I want us to do well, but when I hand over my money, I want to be entertained as well.

Let's hope your devotion to entertainment lasts if Argyle produce plenty of watchable football but finish 15th next season.

C

Cobi Budge.

Not what I meant. It's a balance, you have to strike it between entertainment and success, although they aren't exclusive, they can go hand in hand.