Mike Bickle R.I.P | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mike Bickle R.I.P

Dec 3, 2005
Oh nooo, my first hero at Argyle, those 4 goals against Torquay on Boxing day, amazing. Such a sad loss to the Argyle family. Condolences to Mike's family and friends.
RIP Milko

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
A really nice bloke. Best wishes to Mike's family. RIP.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Bring on the milkman was the chant one game when Mike was on the bench- must have been carrying an injury.
I was there for the Torquay and Swindon games- thanks for all the happy memories
RIP Milkman

Reactions: philevs
May 24, 2022
Saw him score at the oak road end at Luton, Rickard getting the other one when we won 2 nil .Only 2 coaches went up going overnight to arrive in early hours .Luton were top of the league and the game was shown on Match of the Day. Malcom Mcdonald was their star at the time.

Reactions: Mark58 and jthep

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
RIP. Very sad news. Although before my time, I grew up as a youngster reading about him in Argyle books.
He used to live around the corner from where I grew up as a boy, and I would often see him.

Jul 12, 2021
Plymouth
I remember playing against Mike Bickle and Aiden Maher in lunchtime kick abouts in the Dockyard in the mid 80's, they were both Slingers by then and we were the electricians. They still treated the "kickabouts" like cup finals, hard as nails, but with a smile and a pat on the back as we walked away limping. Brilliant memories. Mike Bickle, HERO.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Sad news indeed. I always thought of him, when I listened to Benny Hill singing ' Ernie, the fastest milkman in the west' decades later. Mike was certainly the hottest scoring milkman in the west all those years ago. I reckoned the romance of him leaving a milk float behind, in order to become a top striker, was spoilt by his move from Argyle to Gillingham, of all the League clubs there are!

Dec 9, 2012
Really sad news. One of the Argyle greats. I remember him delivering milk to my junior school, Montpelier. He was always greeted by a big crowd of kids.

Hugely popular for the whole of the time he played for Argyle. He did what so many of us would have loved to have done - played for Argyle.

By coincidence, I have just finished writing a family history. One of the chapters had to be about Argyle,of course, as I looked back over my family's 'Argyle supporting career'. Two players got a special write up, not just for their contribution on the pitch, but for being local, Argyle through and through, and almost ever presents in the team from when I first attended until I left Plymouth in 1973.

The two? Johnny Hore and Mike Bickle. So very sad to read this news this evening.

Nov 26, 2011
California USA
Really sad news. One of the Argyle greats. I remember him delivering milk to my junior school, Montpelier. He was always greeted by a big crowd of kids.

Hugely popular for the whole of the time he played for Argyle. He did what so many of us would have loved to have done - played for Argyle.

By coincidence, I have just finished writing a family history. One of the chapters had to be about Argyle,of course, as I looked back over my family's 'Argyle supporting career'. Two players got a special write up, not just for their contribution on the pitch, but for being local, Argyle through and through, and almost ever presents in the team from when I first attended until I left Plymouth in 1973.

The two? Johnny Hore and Mike Bickle. So very sad to read this news this evening.
Really sad news. Mike was a neighbor of mine in Whitleigh and I remember many kick abouts with him in our back fields. He told me on first time playing for Argyle that only the keeper (Barnsley) came over and introduced himself in the dressing room! Great guy and very modest. RIP Mike.

Reactions: mollyb