Motorcycle parking at Home Park | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Motorcycle parking at Home Park

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
It means you're screwed... So much for greener motoring. I can remember when 20+ bikes a game parked under the old arrangement. Ah well, probably 20 more cars to worry about, or of course not worry about.

B

Baby Face Johnson

It means common sense doesn't apply here as we like to be over-officious.

Well, I parked in a car bay with two other bikes...no problems.
After yesterday's performance there may be more free spaces in the car park for the next home game!

It really wouldn't take much effort on the part of PCC, to paint "M/C only" in a couple of the bay's.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
I noticed that there were under cover bike shelters on the back of the life center just in behind the bus shelter on the right as you drive towards the HHP access road, don't think they are there for cycles as the bars seem spaced too far apart, but there are no signs saying either cycles or M/Cycles although there were a couple of motorbikes parked there.

N

NorfolkGreen

Chris Six Acre":1yz27z82 said:
Well, I parked in a car bay with two other bikes...no problems.
After yesterday's performance there may be more free spaces in the car park for the next home game!

It really wouldn't take much effort on the part of PCC, to paint "M/C only" in a couple of the bay's.

And add some ground anchors.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Isondil":2rccq7c2 said:
It would make some sense to have a designated area for motorcyclists in all carparks. I know some do, but not all. Must be frustrating, trying to be good and not take a whole car space for a motorcycle yet being penalised for it.

Good luck challenging it.

This.

How foolish to penalise somebody for trying to use common sense and not take a much needed car space.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
IJN":16uny822 said:
Darren Stoneman":16uny822 said:
The licence allows use of not some use and the off street traffic Order rides above the licence so the terms of use always apply. Unless privately rented , paid for and managed

Anyone care to unjargonate for me?

Lol. I've read it a few times and still won't come.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Ponty":26x2hpgb said:
IJN":26x2hpgb said:
Darren Stoneman":26x2hpgb said:
The licence allows use of not some use and the off street traffic Order rides above the licence so the terms of use always apply. Unless privately rented , paid for and managed

Where is Gary Wills when you need him?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lousy_Pint":6xorfhpf said:
Ponty":6xorfhpf said:
IJN":6xorfhpf said:
Darren Stoneman":6xorfhpf said:

Where is Gary Wills when you need him?

I'm guessing that he was snapped up by the White House Press Office a few weeks ago.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":373vvz06 said:
Darren Stoneman":373vvz06 said:

Right: I think :think: If you completely rent the car park for a fee for a function or whatever, then you can employ your own people and apply your own rules.
If, however, you are granted 'use of' by Licence then you have use of the whole car park and no part of it is under your control and enforced by your own employees. The street traffic order applies and overrides any perceived 'private conditions' for licenced use. So, the usual enforcers issue tickets and PAFC have no power to designate motorcycle spaces that aren't normally there, or change the normal usage temporarily. Does that work? :think:

Received a reply from PCC today, telling me that they would not withdraw my Parking Notice and as such I should pay up.....

Their letter did go on to say;

"In future, please be advised to use a parking bay as any other vehicle would......"

Therefore if going to HP on a motorcycle....park it in a bay!

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":1m7yhgra said:
Darren Stoneman":1m7yhgra said:

Rumour has it Ian that you are on the grandstand Working Group so would you know if there is any provision for secure cycle parking?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I am Rich, but I have no idea about cycle parking I must admit. Being fat and old, it's not something that's of an interest to me if I'm honest.

Jan 3, 2013
Darren Stoneman":2b5ksixc said:

Typical Plymouth city council gobbledegook