Motorcycle parking at Home Park | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Motorcycle parking at Home Park

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Possibly that they’ll continue to send sneaky wardens out to put tickets on unsuspecting Argyle fans whilst the game is on.

Must be a very rewarding ‘job’.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
IJN":3an959f0 said:
Possibly that they’ll continue to send sneaky wardens out to put tickets on unsuspecting Argyle fans whilst the game is on.

Must be a very rewarding ‘job’.

That's exactly what it means.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Darren Stoneman":3ucvodjf said:
The licence allows use of not some use and the off street traffic Order rides above the licence so the terms of use always apply. Unless privately rented , paid for and managed

Come on Darren translate it into English for us!!

D

Darren Stoneman

The car park is licenced for use by pafc on match day but not sole use, the car park is available for anyone to use, whether they are going to the park, Lifecentre etc. I did advise a few months ago that I was looking at motorcycle parking and have agreed today that for a trial period motorcycle parking will be provided on the hatch areas next to the old hut in the top car park, this is only on match day and will be signed accordingly. We will review in terms of use and safety to inform a permanent decision later in the season. I hope that this will help all supporters in some way. I will engage with the supporters trust and padsa to discuss any findings in 2018

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Darren Stoneman":3g6nfrx5 said:
The car park is licenced for use by pafc on match day but not sole use, the car park is available for anyone to use, whether they are going to the park, Lifecentre etc. I did advise a few months ago that I was looking at motorcycle parking and have agreed today that for a trial period motorcycle parking will be provided on the hatch areas next to the old hut in the top car park, this is only on match day and will be signed accordingly. We will review in terms of use and safety to inform a permanent decision later in the season. I hope that this will help all supporters in some way. I will engage with the supporters trust and padsa to discuss any findings in 2018
"Old hut" "top car park".... Excuse my ignorance but where is that? How can we push this info out to a wider audience? Press release, match programme et al....

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
meetoo":3v4jjtju said:
Darren Stoneman":3v4jjtju said:
"Old hut" "top car park".... Excuse my ignorance but where is that? How can we push this info out to a wider audience? Press release, match programme et al....

Its the area of hatched marking by the Bus stop in the top car park.

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":z2lwneqw said:
I am Rich, but I have no idea about cycle parking I must admit. Being fat and old, it's not something that's of an interest to me if I'm honest.
Get yourself an electric bike Ian, I can highly recommend them.

Darren Stoneman":1kaw0ymk said:
I did advise a few months ago that I was looking at motorcycle parking and have agreed today that for a trial period motorcycle parking will be provided on the hatch areas next to the old hut in the top car park, this is only on match day and will be signed accordingly. We will review in terms of use and safety to inform a permanent decision later in the season. I hope that this will help all supporters in some way.

RESULT....possibly the best one this season since the Charlton game!!

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Chris Six Acre":3guweg03 said:
Darren Stoneman":3guweg03 said:
I did advise a few months ago that I was looking at motorcycle parking and have agreed today that for a trial period motorcycle parking will be provided on the hatch areas next to the old hut in the top car park, this is only on match day and will be signed accordingly. We will review in terms of use and safety to inform a permanent decision later in the season. I hope that this will help all supporters in some way.

RESULT....possibly the best one this season since the Charlton game!!
Checked out the location yesterday and it's a very large space but I didn't see any signage? Could be there now of course....

D

Darren Stoneman

The signage will only be out on match day, no sign tonight as they are being made, however any bike here tonight will be fine (fingers crossed)

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
I take my hat off to Darren Stoneman for responding to the concerns of motorcyclists about parking at Home Park. For years I had a m/ bike and parked it alongside others but when I had to give that up I started parking on hatched areas which didn't cause any obstruction but these now bring about parking fines. In the good old days before parking bays everyone just crammed in to the car park so why does it need to be so regimented now on match days? OK, it would take longer to get out than it does now but the capacity would be far greater. Mind you, if results carry on as they have then there won't be a problem getting in to the car park.......

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Rather than start a new thread, perhaps I could go slightly off topic with this word for word report from the Daily Telegraph (page 8) last Thursday. "Traffic wardens have been banned from ticketing vehicles around a football stadium over fears of reprisals from fans, resulting in costly compensation claims. The parking officials have been told by Portsmouth CC not to police residential parking areas near Fratton Park when Portsmouth FC are at home. A council e-mail read: 'I will not put the Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) in a position that is clearly a high-risk situation ......... By putting them at undue risk, it would put Portsmouth CC in an expensive position if an attack did take place, and would make it extremely difficult to recruit CEOs." Personally, while I 100% sympathise with Chris Six Acre I see this ruling in Pompey as the start of an extremely slippery slope. Where could this kind of opting-out by officialdom end? Maybe next they could threaten the bus staff it and force a position where they won't ask them for fares on public transport in case they threaten the driver. But then again, on the other hand an Argyle supporter parking where he has innocently parked for 50 years gets fined £50 for his pains. Yet 150 miles along the coast we have people parking where they like and the Council publicly declare they will do nothing. This cannot be right.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Taking the motor bike tomorrow... Is the parking in the large hatched area still authorised please?

B

batesy65

meetoo":643ujj13 said:
Taking the motor bike tomorrow... Is the parking in the large hatched area still authorised please?
It was signed last match opposite bus shelter.