Motorcycle parking at Home Park | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Motorcycle parking at Home Park

Interestingly my parking ticket was issued about 7/8 minutes after the game had started. I expect that by the time I came out and found the ticket on my bike, the Parking Enforcement Officer was safely sat at home watching the TV.

Thanks to Darren Stoneman for sorting the motorcycle parking area for home matches. I have parked there on a Saturday, there is a nice new sign (which I could say my fine has paid for...) and there have been a couple of other bikes parked there as well. :thumbs:

Jul 29, 2010
FAO Mr Stoneman... no sign but I've parked my motorcycle along with another as no notification of the end of the trial period has been given.

Jul 29, 2010
meetoo":18aetz0v said:
FAO Mr Stoneman... no sign but I've parked my motorcycle along with another as no notification of the end of the trial period has been given.
Fortunately no ticket but others moved their bikes so only mine remained.... It was with some dread that I returned to my bike though.... phew!!
Mr Stoneman.... was the lack of a sign an oversight and how is the trial period progressing please?

Thanks...

D

Darren Stoneman

I will investigate as this is certainly still a permitted area, I will look at some more permanent signage, apologies for any confusion or inconvenience

Jul 29, 2010
Darren Stoneman":2xp9blhg said:
I will investigate as this is certainly still a permitted area, I will look at some more permanent signage, apologies for any confusion or inconvenience
Thanks for your speedy reply and help in this matter!! For what it's worth it really is a cracking area and hopefully in time more will use it but I guess the weather conditions will always have an impact.

Well it had to happen I suppose....yesterday the weather was glorious so I decided to ride my bike the 60 miles down to home park from north Devon, where I live. I parked in the designated area for motorcycles as advised on this forum back in November. I have parked there during a previous game and actually took a photo of my bike next to the signage indicating that the area was reserved for motorcycles on match days. Yesterday there was no sign and when I returned to my bike after the game...lo and behold there was a £50 parking fine attached to the bike, which had been issued at 4.09pm!!

Needless to say I will be challenging this fine as there has been no mention of the parking trial being rescinded and to be honest the months of December and January are not the best months for motorcycling, so I would have been surprised to see many bike parked in the car park during the winter!!!

DONT YOU JUST LOVE PARKING ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS??

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Chris Six Acre":1h3b9jo9 said:
Well it had to happen I suppose....yesterday the weather was glorious so I decided to ride my bike the 60 miles down to home park from north Devon, where I live. I parked in the designated area for motorcycles as advised on this forum back in November. I have parked there during a previous game and actually took a photo of my bike next to the signage indicating that the area was reserved for motorcycles on match days. Yesterday there was no sign and when I returned to my bike after the game...lo and behold there was a £50 parking fine attached to the bike, which had been issued at 4.09pm!!

Needless to say I will be challenging this fine as there has been no mention of the parking trial being rescinded and to be honest the months of December and January are not the best months for motorcycling, so I would have been surprised to see many bike parked in the car park during the winter!!!

Poor sod. £100 in fines this season. This is getting f*****g ridiculous.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
25607820807_d13d643560_z.jpg

The enforcers had a field day on this patch yesterday (left hand side of the fencing). There were 10 vehicles there and 9 had tickets on them. The 10th had a disabled badge on the dash so that could be why they didn't get one. It's virtually a guarantee that people will get ticketed on match days if they park here. Unless it's a Tuesday evening when the wardens have all gone home. :)

tonsk

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Darren, is there any news on the sign for this area? I have a friend who will not park there because he is afraid of what has happened to our friend from North Devon.

tonsk

Nov 16, 2006
This isn't random checking but targeted planning to catch as many as possible on match days. How many other council car parks in Plymouth receive such scrutiny on an Argyle Match day? Yes we know we must park in the bays, but this is no more than a money grabbing ploy against Argyle fans.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Seems that way. Sad was to earn revenue. Some people at PCC should be ashamed.

Jan 3, 2013
IJN":1jzxcjas said:
Seems that way. Sad was to earn revenue. Some people at PCC should be ashamed.

Why? Break the law you get fined.....or are Argo fans entitled differently? Park in the appropriate bays, no fine.....simple

Jul 29, 2010
Chris Six Acre":de33hvi5 said:

One would hope that contact with Darren Stoneman should resolve this issue. Hopefully, as before, it was matter of the relevant sign not being put out again.
Could you please keep us updated as I park there sometimes as well.

Jul 29, 2010
Keepitgreen":1mzs1xdn said:
25607820807_d13d643560_z.jpg

The enforcers had a field day on this patch yesterday (left hand side of the fencing). There were 10 vehicles there and 9 had tickets on them. The 10th had a disabled badge on the dash so that could be why they didn't get one. It's virtually a guarantee that people will get ticketed on match days if they park here. Unless it's a Tuesday evening when the wardens have all gone home. :)
This area was being used by Bradford City fans' cars from what I could see. Bet they're well chuffed.
Having looked at the new plan for motorcycle parking this will be one of the designated areas...
and whilst we're at it don't start me on the "no beacons" designating the crossing point shown in the photograph:)