Motorcycle parking at Home Park | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Motorcycle parking at Home Park

Jul 29, 2010
Darren Stoneman":5anq4tiv said:
I will be looking into the tickets issued to motorcycles parked in area I approved. I will of course deal with any incorrectly issued, can I ask any motorcyclist if they would be happy to park on the slope on the entrance to Home park ? The area on the photos, the motorcycle parking trial has proven that a designated area or 2 will helps with capacity and I will formalise signing shortly, apologies for any inconvenience
Thanks for the update Darren and the fact that any erroneously issued tickets will be dealt with accordingly.
The area you mention for motorcycle parking I note was part of the new car park plan that I referred to earlier so I would see no reason why I and others should not park there earlier than envisaged. The only thing I would say is that motorcycle parking and slopes do not bode well together so designated marked bays would not necessarily attribute itself to safe parking of ones bike. I'm happy to have a site meeting to discuss if you feel this would help.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sounds like Darren’s foot soldiers simply got over excited when handing out tickets to car drivers when they were safely locked away!

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Darren Stoneman":2l7rfj6p said:
I will be looking into the tickets issued to motorcycles parked in area I approved. I will of course deal with any incorrectly issued, can I ask any motorcyclist if they would be happy to park on the slope on the entrance to Home park ? The area on the photos, the motorcycle parking trial has proven that a designated area or 2 will helps with capacity and I will formalise signing shortly, apologies for any inconvenience

Surely the area behind the life center where they already have bike shelters would be an ideal site as already have bars to lock motorcycles to. I appreciate that thee may have been specifically designed for bicycles but in all the years I have been going to Central park at different days & times I have never once seen a cycle left there.
Just a thought to try to save inventing the wheel. & save some of our council's limited funds.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Knarf Reprah":2ychfyy9 said:
IJN":2ychfyy9 said:
Seems that way. Sad was to earn revenue. Some people at PCC should be ashamed.

Why? Break the law you get fined.....or are Argo fans entitled differently? Park in the appropriate bays, no fine.....simple
It’s this attitude that has Argyle fans (who travel long distances to get to Home Park) turning into armchair fans. It’s funny how
parking at Home Park was never an issue. It now crops up on a weekly basis.
The parking policy on match days, is anti Argyle fans. And people like you love it!

D

Darren Stoneman

Mork the parking policy is pro safety not anti argyle, get there early or park in the plentiful on street parking in the city or shock use public transport. It really is not difficult!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree with Mork (for a change), this 'Welcome to Plymouth' attitude fries my chips.

It's got little little to do with safety and more to do with revenue generation.

The damage it does to visitors to our City is incalculable but I understand why you have to defend it.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Quinny":jcd1hlua said:
GreenThing":jcd1hlua said:
Keepitgreen":jcd1hlua said:
25607820807_d13d643560_z.jpg

The enforcers had a field day on this patch yesterday (left hand side of the fencing). There were 10 vehicles there and 9 had tickets on them. The 10th had a disabled badge on the dash so that could be why they didn't get one. It's virtually a guarantee that people will get ticketed on match days if they park here. Unless it's a Tuesday evening when the wardens have all gone home. :)

I don’t know if the bylaws have changed, but it was always legal to park on a pavement as long as you are not causing an obstruction. Therefore the tickets issued to cars parked on this bit of land are not enforceable.

No. Rule 145 of the Highway Code clearly states that: You MUST NOT drive on or over a pavement, footpath or bridleway except to gain lawful access to property, or in the case of an emergency. This is also backed up in Law under the Highways Act of 1835.

Ahh, that’s interesting.

The street where I live is too narrow to park on, so everyone parks half on the pavement. There used to be a woman in the street who would call the police on a regular basis and complain about the parking. The police would turn up and measure the gap between the parked cars and the house boundary walls. As there was enough room for a wheelchair, they stated that there was nothing that can be done and the parking on the pavement was ok as it wasn’t causing an obstruction.

Maybe the police was turning a blind eye as it was the most sensible option. If so, maybe the situation at Argyle could be dealt with in the same way. Penalise those causing a problem only?

Darren Stoneman":39zxpb1m said:

Thank you Darren, I will be sending my "challenge" to the parking notice that I received last Saturday to the council in the next couple of days.

As a season ticket holder of many seasons who regularly travels to Home Park by motorcycle, I am happy to park wherever is deemed appropriate and safe for motorcycles! I am also happy to attend a site meeting with you and other motorcyclists before the next home game if that is helpful.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Darren Stoneman":7xl8lw5c said:
Mork the parking policy is pro safety not anti argyle, get there early or park in the plentiful on street parking in the city or shock use public transport. It really is not difficult!
Darren, you can turn up at 12.30pm & the car park is full. You can turn up on the same day at 3.00 & there’s spaces. Planning an earlier journey doesn’t necessarily mean a space. Of course your right you can use street parking, but if your elderly, infirm or disabled, street parking is not an option. There’s not enough disabled parking.
I’ve enjoyed free parking at Home Park for forty years, back in the day when you probably had twice as many cars fitting into the same space.
A full car park back then meant a huge crowd. I know times change etc, but it’s the sneaky way it’s been introduced & traffic wardens turning up after 3.00pm that grates.
If PCC were serious about welcoming people to there City & Argyle, why not employ stewards to manage the car park & point out where not to park??? Now that’s welcoming! Sneaky traffic wardens, not welcoming!
I still think the answer lyes with the car park being used solely for football traffic on match days & if that means charging for a space then so be it, at least you’ll be virtually guaranteed a space.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I'm smiling at the suggestion that the council would be better advised to send parking enforcement officers when no parking offences are taking place. :)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Looking at that photo ... what possible harm, danger or obstruction could come from parking a few motorbikes on there? Hope nobody rode a motorbike from Bradford to Plymouth, gave our club revenue and then got fined? Tell me that didn't happen! :facepalm:

D

Darren Stoneman

Hi all, I will be at home park from 10am to 11am on 9th March to discuss parking relating to motor cycles, I will wait near to the bus hut. Look forward to meeting anyone who wishes to have a chat

Apr 4, 2015
all it takes is a bit of common sense to be applied by both the people parking and traffic wardens. If you cause an obstruction then you deserve a ticket if you don't then the warden should leave it alone. Then again common sense is in very short supply at pcc especially when it comes to managing traffic, just look at the state of the roads and the ridiculously mismanaged roadworks wherever you go in Plymouth. The head of transport at pcc is completely and utterly incompetent and should have been sacked years ago, a trained chimpanzee could do better.

Jul 29, 2010
Darren Stoneman":g0tvwx1o said:
Hi all, I will be at home park from 10am to 11am on 9th March to discuss parking relating to motor cycles, I will wait near to the bus hut. Look forward to meeting anyone who wishes to have a chat
Ive PM'd you....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Darren Stoneman":10vz5pxg said:

Well done Darren. :clap: