Motorcycle parking at Home Park | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Motorcycle parking at Home Park

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Knarf Reprah":2j1efigm said:
IJN":2j1efigm said:
Seems that way. Sad was to earn revenue. Some people at PCC should be ashamed.

Why? Break the law you get fined.....or are Argo fans entitled differently? Park in the appropriate bays, no fine.....simple

It was Bradford fans, but hey ho, fact was never your forte was it?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":2d4n9hxe said:
25607820807_d13d643560_z.jpg

The enforcers had a field day on this patch yesterday (left hand side of the fencing). There were 10 vehicles there and 9 had tickets on them. The 10th had a disabled badge on the dash so that could be why they didn't get one. It's virtually a guarantee that people will get ticketed on match days if they park here. Unless it's a Tuesday evening when the wardens have all gone home. :)

I don’t know if the bylaws have changed, but it was always legal to park on a pavement as long as you are not causing an obstruction. Therefore the tickets issued to cars parked on this bit of land are not enforceable.

Nov 16, 2006
Obviously, we ought to park in the bags, my protest is against deliberate targeting at one car park at a specific time, be it on a Saturday when Argyle are home. I arrived at Home Park yesterday at 1 pm and found 1 car parking space. I stayed in my car for over an hour, how many parking enforcement officers did I see - NONE, come 3:30 loads - this is deliberate targeting

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, waiting until kick off, leave it a while and then sneak the Fixed Penalties on.

Must be so proud.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
onthegreen":38wvgex7 said:
Obviously, we ought to park in the bags, my protest is against deliberate targeting at one car park at a specific time, be it on a Saturday when Argyle are home. I arrived at Home Park yesterday at 1 pm and found 1 car parking space. I stayed in my car for over an hour, how many parking enforcement officers did I see - NONE, come 3:30 loads - this is deliberate targeting

How do you know they don't check this area for illegally parked vehicles on non-match days at the same time? ;)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Listen Paul, I caught you with a Multi this week, did you receive a fine? :greensmile:

Jul 29, 2010
As Grandmaster Flash once put it...

"Ain't nobody elses fault, so don't do it"

Park where it is clear and obvious you are supposed to park and you won't get a ticket, simples.

The preponderance of 'kin parking threads recently is alarming, why has everyone started being total biffs :facepalm:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":9f4n5f5q said:
Listen Paul, I caught you with a Multi this week, did you receive a fine? :greensmile:

It was so old I would have had to appealed to Michael Foot. Mind you, it was only 2/6d ;)

Jan 3, 2013
IJN":150cmsug said:
Knarf Reprah":150cmsug said:
IJN":150cmsug said:
Seems that way. Sad was to earn revenue. Some people at PCC should be ashamed.

Why? Break the law you get fined.....or are Argo fans entitled differently? Park in the appropriate bays, no fine.....simple

It was Bradford fans, but hey ho, fact was never your forte was it?

How rude.......calling me a liar!
So the dude on a motor bike from north Devon was a Bradford fan then? Plus most tickets are given to home fans.
Modesty was never your forte was it?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I won’t get into a slanging match with you!

As for you being a liar, I could get involved but I won’t.

Suffice to say I’ve Blocked you on both FB and Twitter.

I still remember your outrageous Amsterdam comments, so I’m out.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
meetoo":nn8fk8b7 said:
Keepitgreen":nn8fk8b7 said:

The enforcers had a field day on this patch yesterday (left hand side of the fencing). There were 10 vehicles there and 9 had tickets on them. The 10th had a disabled badge on the dash so that could be why they didn't get one. It's virtually a guarantee that people will get ticketed on match days if they park here. Unless it's a Tuesday evening when the wardens have all gone home. :)
This area was being used by Bradford City fans' cars from what I could see. Bet they're well chuffed.
Having looked at the new plan for motorcycle parking this will be one of the designated areas...
and whilst we're at it don't start me on the "no beacons" designating the crossing point shown in the photograph:)

Being a non-driver, can anyone enlighten me as to why this particular patch of tarmac is a no go zone for parking?

Where I live loads of people park on pavements, grass verges etc & I've never seen a parking ticket issued.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
David_Fisher":16uv45zt said:
meetoo":16uv45zt said:
Keepitgreen":16uv45zt said:

This area was being used by Bradford City fans' cars from what I could see. Bet they're well chuffed.
Having looked at the new plan for motorcycle parking this will be one of the designated areas...
and whilst we're at it don't start me on the "no beacons" designating the crossing point shown in the photograph:)

Being a non-driver, can anyone enlighten me as to why this particular patch of tarmac is a no go zone for parking?

Where I live loads of people park on pavements, grass verges etc & I've never seen a parking ticket issued.
Pasoti poster Darren Stoneman's your man.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
GreenThing":x9ydp9ak said:
Keepitgreen":x9ydp9ak said:

I don’t know if the bylaws have changed, but it was always legal to park on a pavement as long as you are not causing an obstruction. Therefore the tickets issued to cars parked on this bit of land are not enforceable.

No. Rule 145 of the Highway Code clearly states that: You MUST NOT drive on or over a pavement, footpath or bridleway except to gain lawful access to property, or in the case of an emergency. This is also backed up in Law under the Highways Act of 1835.

D

Darren Stoneman

I will be looking into the tickets issued to motorcycles parked in area I approved. I will of course deal with any incorrectly issued, can I ask any motorcyclist if they would be happy to park on the slope on the entrance to Home park ? The area on the photos, the motorcycle parking trial has proven that a designated area or 2 will helps with capacity and I will formalise signing shortly, apologies for any inconvenience