Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed! | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Unless the article/comment was made last week maybe?

Jul 29, 2010
Skynet suggested today, methinks that's marginally more reliable than the Herald.

However that's the problem with information coming out into the public domain, expectation. Had we not been privy to this possibility we wouldn't know if something was in the offing or not, today would pass like any other day. But if, for whatever reason, nothing happens today then all manner of conspiracy theories will abound, all of them negative. What would otherwise have been a pleasant surprise becomes a source of worry.

Far better for the fans not to know the details of the club's recruitment activity until it is done. Deals do sometimes fall through and in this case PVH's motives in releasing this information on Friday seem entirely motivated by fishing for a better deal elsewhere.

So if it happens great, if it doesn't though please try and keep a sense of perspective. Our world will not be collapsing around us if a player we never had isn't here.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Stuart House":11djrxh2 said:
The Herald article that said 'next week' was published last night. I would read that any time from this morning until Friday.
And with no game until Saturday, there is no need to announce it yet. No announcement doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't been signed.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Argy1e":nf2w8yh0 said:
Stuart House":nf2w8yh0 said:
The Herald article that said 'next week' was published last night. I would read that any time from this morning until Friday.
And with no game until Saturday, there is no need to announce it yet. No announcement doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't been signed.

Agreed, it is also probably means The Herald hasn't got a Scoobys!!

This is where you are looking to the Herald to have more info than the random internet speculators like our good selves! Adams is tight lipped, which I know is probably smart and best practice from him, but it is also bleedin infuriating! To counter this surely the staff at the Herald must know and be able to get tip offs from the hotel(s), or car firm(s) Argyle use for new players/ potential signings arriving Plymouth. I seem to recall that Fergie had half of Manchester night club owners, bouncers, bar staff all giving him info on United players movements, so he would keep them honest. I imagine the Manchester Evening News also has some plenty of contacts at the club as well as a host of agents tipping them and giving them news.

Come on Herald get your investigative journo head on and tell us when this is going to happen!!

Jul 29, 2010
Sorry, I have to disagree there. Ignorance is bliss in my book, the less we know before an 'incoming' the better, it saves knickers being unnecessarily twisted.

I'm glad the Herald is useless and I'm glad DA keeps his business to himself. Long may it continue.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
X Isle":2ierqgjx said:
Skynet suggested today, methinks that's marginally more reliable than the Herald.

However that's the problem with information coming out into the public domain, expectation. Had we not been privy to this possibility we wouldn't know if something was in the offing or not, today would pass like any other day. But if, for whatever reason, nothing happens today then all manner of conspiracy theories will abound, all of them negative. What would otherwise have been a pleasant surprise becomes a source of worry.

Far better for the fans not to know the details of the club's recruitment activity until it is done. Deals do sometimes fall through and in this case PVH's motives in releasing this information on Friday seem entirely motivated by fishing for a better deal elsewhere.

So if it happens great, if it doesn't though please try and keep a sense of perspective. Our world will not be collapsing around us if a player we never had isn't here.

That last sentence is spot on!

Jul 3, 2013
After the public announced about Mchugh staying with us which backfired, we probably wont hear anything again from him until it is concrete. Even last season when Warnock told us he was sending that exciting player down, Adams still didnt say anything until Kennedy was here.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Is he here yet?? :scarf: :scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
Chill Otters, it's that kind of moist GA84 style impatience that ramps up the expectation and can lead to disproportionate disappointment.

If it happens it happens, if it doesn't happen today (or indeed ever) then so be it.