Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed! | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed!

Apr 29, 2016
Well you reckon that he's been turned down by at least three strikers. Not sure how you could possibly have any foundation to make that assumption. It's hardly at the end of the transfer window.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
philmeboots":34078ykh said:
Well you reckon that he's been turned down by at least three strikers. Not sure how you could possibly have any foundation to make that assumption. It's hardly at the end of the transfer window.

I've told you why I THINK he wasn't top choice and the reasons why. I'm probably wrong l, who knows. It's a discussion board not a 'only post information that is officially factual' board.

Can you categorically tell me he WAS first choice?

Jul 29, 2010
This is all getting a bit silly now. None of us know and compared to the old days when Argyle leaked like a sieve that's a beautiful thing.

He's a potentially good signing if it happens, i'm content to leave it at that. I don't know where he sits in the 'four offers' order, if he does at all. Ultimately, it doesn't matter, if he's got good potential then he's got good potential.

We'll see what comes of it on Monday.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
philmeboots":2xykl351 said:

He has regular meetings with DA...in his head!

Apparently he "thinks" it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Andy_S":6dtu6u4f said:
philmeboots":6dtu6u4f said:

Thanks for the contribution :thumbup:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Tugboat":377xzapj said:
Andy_S":377xzapj said:
philmeboots":377xzapj said:

You're welcome.

It makes more sense than your ridiculous statements.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Andy_S":39v60fp6 said:
Tugboat":39v60fp6 said:
Andy_S":39v60fp6 said:
philmeboots":39v60fp6 said:

You're welcome.

It makes more sense than your ridiculous statements.

When did people get so stuck up there own arses with opinions?

foster

C

Celticfan

Hi guys. This thread was linked on one our forums and I just thought I'd chip in my opinion on Ciftci.

There's a reason we joke that Nadir Ciftci is Turkish for 'needs shifted'.

We signed Ciftci at the same time we signed Stuart Armstrong and Gary Mackay Steven (the latter is now at Aberdeen). All three were part of the Ronny Deila era, where we signed a lot of 'projects'. Ronny had the aim of improving them and instead, he played Armstrong in the wrong position, Ciftci rarely featured and GMS was far too inconsistent.

I don't rate Ciftci and I don't think he'll be prolific for Plymouth, however, I think one of the reasons he didn't do well for us is because teams often park the bus against us, domestically at least. He did well at Dundee United because he had more space to operate in.

He hasn't impressed in Turkey or Poland, when we sent him out on loan, but from pre-season training photos, he looks slimmer. So if anything, he's been working hard.

I really wouldn't get your hopes up about this guy, but there's a bit of ability in there. I think he'll need a run of games before he starts to show any sort of form.

B

Bonehead

Celticfan - I've discussed your post with Derek Adams and we both think you're wrong

C

Celticfan

plymouth1970":2f5j8495 said:
Celticfan - I've discussed your post with Derek Adams and we both think you're wrong
Hopefully I am, I'd like to see him do well. I just don't think he's good enough for your club.

Mar 21, 2008
Celticfan":28vmsrfa said:
Hi guys. This thread was linked on one our forums and I just thought I'd chip in my opinion on Ciftci.

There's a reason we joke that Nadir Ciftci is Turkish for 'needs shifted'.

We signed Ciftci at the same time we signed Stuart Armstrong and Gary Mackay Steven (the latter is now at Aberdeen). All three were part of the Ronny Deila era, where we signed a lot of 'projects'. Ronny had the aim of improving them and instead, he played Armstrong in the wrong position, Ciftci rarely featured and GMS was far too inconsistent.

I don't rate Ciftci and I don't think he'll be prolific for Plymouth, however, I think one of the reasons he didn't do well for us is because teams often park the bus against us, domestically at least. He did well at Dundee United because he had more space to operate in.

He hasn't impressed in Turkey or Poland, when we sent him out on loan, but from pre-season training photos, he looks slimmer. So if anything, he's been working hard.

I really wouldn't get your hopes up about this guy, but there's a bit of ability in there. I think he'll need a run of games before he starts to show any sort of form.

We play on the counter so perhaps that'll suit him more, teams in this league don't tend to park the bus against 'the likes of Plymouth' (see what I did there ;) )

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
plymouth1970":28joj8ml said:
What do you think Andy S & Tugboat?

Best you ask the thinker.

He appears to know exactly what's going on.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Andy_S":2kvwmptq said:
plymouth1970":2kvwmptq said:
What do you think Andy S & Tugboat?

Best you ask the thinker.

He appears to know exactly what's going on.

Or ask the donut who seems unable to actually counter the thinker with a reasonable alternative

Jan 27, 2012
Ciftci scores an average of 1 goal every 3 games at SPL level (probably similar to League One standard ?) Not bad. Although if he were made to play as a target man or hold-up player under Adams it might be harder for him to score.

He sounds like he could be a good signing IF the reports about him joining are true. Obviously he's not world beater because otherwise he wouldn't be playing for Argyle at the moment (an uncomfortable fact of life I'm afraid). Also his £1.5 million transfer fee means very little- its not what he's worth right now and as I mentioned before Blackburn paid out a total of around £3.5 million for Goodwillie and Slew. So we need to be realistic about what sort of player Ciftci might be. However, it will be an interesting signing if he comes here.