Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed! | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed!

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Tugboat":1mhaghmp said:
I think it goes to show just how many other options fell through.

There's no way he would be the first, second or even third choice option but DA's is struggling for strikers so like Posty says, he's a real gamble that'll either be brilliant or a complete flop
So how do you know that???
What we do know is that DA has been looking at 4 strikers and that other clubs aren't committing until closer to the closure of the transfer window and we get closer to that every day. For all any of us know this guy is No1 choice. Now, if you have a rationale for suggesting he's not in DA's first 3 or the result of a struggle let's hear it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Martin Thomas":21p9byfl said:
Tugboat":21p9byfl said:

There's no way he would be the first, second or even third choice option but DA's is struggling for strikers so like Posty says, he's a real gamble that'll either be brilliant or a complete flop
What we do know is that DA has been looking at 4 strikers and that other clubs aren't committing until closer to the closure of the transfer window and we get closer to that every day. For all any of us know this guy is No1 choice. Now, if you have a rationale for suggesting he's not in DA's first 3 or the result of a struggle let's hear it.

The first 2 words should answer your question.

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Tugboat":2wzfquzl said:
Martin Thomas":2wzfquzl said:
Tugboat":2wzfquzl said:

So what's your reasoning for 'thinking' it?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Martin Thomas":3v5kihli said:
Tugboat":3v5kihli said:
Martin Thomas":3v5kihli said:
Tugboat":3v5kihli said:

I would guess the first 15 words of the second paragraph? :think:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Martin Thomas":1uk2c15y said:
Tugboat":1uk2c15y said:
Martin Thomas":1uk2c15y said:
Tugboat":1uk2c15y said:

I think DA would have liked a striker in many weeks ago. I think he's had other targets turn him down and he's had to look elsewhere. I think this guys (on record) character doesn't fit the current ethical standards of DA's. I think the sudden medium term injury to Taylor has forced DA's hand and made him lower his requirements/standards in a striker.

We may even be in for another striker aswel as this potential transfer and that may be the one that DA's was more relaxed about and was willing to wait and get excalty what he wanted but like I said , the injury to taylor would have impacted and speed up the search making this signing more acceptable.

On top of that, I don't know this guy character wise or ability. All I've beem able to do is google and read things about him. I'm more than happy if he signs as long as he doesn't cause any problems within the dressing room

B

Bonehead

Tugboat":24nr6mva said:
Martin Thomas":24nr6mva said:
Martin Thomas":24nr6mva said:

I think DA would have liked a striker in many weeks ago. I think he's had other targets turn him down and he's had to look elsewhere. I think this guys (on record) character doesn't fit the current ethical standards of DA's. I think the sudden medium term injury to Taylor has forced DA's hand and made him lower his requirements/standards in a striker.

We may even be in for another striker aswel as this potential transfer and that may be the one that DA's was more relaxed about and was willing to wait and get excalty what he wanted but like I said , the injury to taylor would have impacted and speed up the search making this signing more acceptable.

On top of that, I don't know this guy character wise or ability. All I've beem able to do is google and read things about him. I'm more than happy if he signs as long as he doesn't cause any problems within the dressing room
I think you're over thinking things too much , think about it?

B

Bonehead

Quintrell_Green":2k6fi2zm said:
Emeraldinho":2k6fi2zm said:
I hope there's no omen in his forename!

Is there a Turks Head pub in Plymouth who will sponsor him, I wonder? There is one in Penzance, where I have enjoyed a few pints down the years!
Turks Head in Exeter
Saracens Head in Newton Abbott

Apr 29, 2016
Tugboat":1tzlosqk said:
Martin Thomas":1tzlosqk said:
Martin Thomas":1tzlosqk said:

I don't think that he's a last resort by any means. Nice to have a £1.5 million striker as a last resort. I think that DA has waited until he has found someone who he wants and who he believes is good enough. He took Goodwillie knowing his past history. Perhaps he just believes in his man management capabilities. I think that we need a bit of grit too.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
philmeboots":3edn7vc2 said:
Tugboat":3edn7vc2 said:
Martin Thomas":3edn7vc2 said:
Martin Thomas":3edn7vc2 said:

I don't think that he's a last resort by any means. Nice to have a £1.5 million striker as a last resort. I think that DA has waited until he has found someone who he wants and who he believes is good enough. He took Goodwillie knowing his past history. Perhaps he just believes in his man management capabilities. I think that we need a bit of grit too.

Didn't say he's last resort.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
plymouth1970":7kwtmhbb said:
Quintrell_Green":7kwtmhbb said:
Emeraldinho":7kwtmhbb said:
I hope there's no omen in his forename!

Is there a Turks Head pub in Plymouth who will sponsor him, I wonder? There is one in Penzance, where I have enjoyed a few pints down the years!
Turks Head in Exeter
Saracens Head in Newton Abbott

The Turks Head is now a Prezzo restaurant although they have kept the old sign.