Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed!

Mar 21, 2008
If we can get him playing anything like he was Derek's found a gem here hasn't he, could really transform the team from where we right now on the striker front, let's hope we can get it done!

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I note that on his Wikipedia page it says that his first loan away from Celtic was confirmed by the Celtic manager the day after the move was reported. I wonder if Ciftci had the same agent then as he does now. It seems quite likely to me that his agent has put this story out to see whether any other clubs want to come in for him over the weekend.

Kenny Pester

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2006
Cattedown, Plymouth.
The Doctor":3j81w5ka said:
I note that on his Wikipedia page it says that his first loan away from Celtic was confirmed by the Celtic manager the day after the move was reported. I wonder if Ciftci had the same agent then as he does now. It seems quite likely to me that his agent has put this story out to see whether any other clubs want to come in for him over the weekend.
According to Transfer Markt he doesn't have an agent. Still odd to announce it before its completed.

Aug 11, 2013
Kenny Pester":1vr5xlgl said:
The Doctor":1vr5xlgl said:
According to Transfer Markt he doesn't have an agent. Still odd to announce it before its completed.

Think Doctor has sussed it - quite dishonourable.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
arrythewurzel":2f4yxiem said:
Kenny Pester":2f4yxiem said:
The Doctor":2f4yxiem said:

We'll see. I can't claim that this line of thinking was mine. It was the immediate reaction of my younger daughter when she first saw the news. I've obviously taught her well about what it is like to be an argyle fan!

Jul 29, 2010
Martyn":26hnegme said:
Cobi Budge":26hnegme said:
You aren't going to get a player of Ciftci's ability in League 1 without a few flaws or a bit of baggage, if he was completely flawless we wouldn't have a chance & we'd have to look at lesser players.

People expect too much. Hope this happens, a gamble worth taking, especially with DA's track record of setting career's straight.

I wouldn't say a bit of baggage, it is a heck of a lot of baggage, he may have a lot of ability, but could be disrupted, bit of a risk.
We don't have to look too far to see an example of how rehabilitation works, and 'baggage' doesn't come much bigger than that.

Cobi (and Ollie, who also made the point) are spot on, if he were a saint he'd be at another and (forgive me Argyle) better club than us already. When you're in our position in the greater scheme of things you don't get first pick of the best fruit, you have to look in the shady areas of the tree.

As a loan it's a double edged sword a bit. If he does turn out to be a frikkin nightmare then he can go back, no harm no foul. But if he's a rip roaring success we'll struggle to sign him permanently anyway. So, if it happens at all, let's just enjoy it for what it is and hope he can do a job for us while he's here.

...and hope the nadir of his career is behind him :coat:

Jul 29, 2010
The Doctor":146ek7kx said:
arrythewurzel":146ek7kx said:
Kenny Pester":146ek7kx said:
The Doctor":146ek7kx said:

We'll see. I can't claim that this line of thinking was mine. It was the immediate reaction of my younger daughter when she first saw the news. I've obviously taught her well about what it is like to be an argyle fan!
...or she read my post early doors on this thread :wink:

Apr 1, 2009
Pilgrimfather":2n2l180q said:
The last player we got via Celtic was Andre Blackman. Nuff siad.

The most recent acquisition who had previously been on Celtic's books was one Graham Carey. Which makes a rather different point.

Do we just ignore players at every club from whom we've previously got a dud?

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
I don't think Adams would bother if he carried to much negative baggage, if its true then Adams obviously see's more positive's than negatives, a rough worn nugget. Give him a chance and welcome the man.

May 8, 2011
Tony Pastyman":1ilv6ame said:
I don't think Adams would bother if he carried to much negative baggage, if its true then Adams obviously see's more positive's than negatives, a rough worn nugget. Give him a chance and welcome the man.

According to many posters back in 2015, they were worried about the 'baggage', reputation and temperament of a certain Derek Adams.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Martyn":24b929mi said:
Cobi Budge":24b929mi said:
You aren't going to get a player of Ciftci's ability in League 1 without a few flaws or a bit of baggage, if he was completely flawless we wouldn't have a chance & we'd have to look at lesser players.

People expect too much. Hope this happens, a gamble worth taking, especially with DA's track record of setting career's straight.

I wouldn't say a bit of baggage, it is a heck of a lot of baggage, he may have a lot of ability, but could be disrupted, bit of a risk.

I accept there is a potential risk with this gut IF he pitches up at Home Park. However gross misconduct, is gross misconduct, and I would think that any loan agreement would carry a clause stating that if this occurred, then the contract ceases and the player is returned to his Club. Where I would have concern is the number of possible suspensions received before it is classified as gross misconduct. I just hope it does not come to this.

Jul 29, 2012
He's got as much to lose as us if he fails/misbehaves . Screw up with us and it may be the end of his career.