NEIL WARNOCK - get him in | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

NEIL WARNOCK - get him in

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Keepitgreen":kze2wdhk said:
Liam Vercoe":kze2wdhk said:
Considering he turned down Forest who'd have a bigger budget than us, a better history, a bigger fanbase, a better chance at success and a higher wage I'm not sure he'd come to us anyway, despite it being close to home.
He turned down Forest because he and the Forest owner Fawaz al-Hasawi, wouldn't be able to work together. From what I heard the owner would be very much hands on.

Ah well in that case I take my points back.

I'd love to see the threads at the start of the season with posters wishing for a mid table/ play off push and now people wishing for this man to loose his job after granting exactly what they wished for at the start of the season!!!!

He deserves another season in my view, SHERIDAN IN!

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Yes please for me.

Three times in the last four games we've been passionless, tactically poor and quite honestly unacceptably bad. You would never have thought the team were in with a serious chance of the play offs judging by the lack of commitment the players have shown recently. Surely when you get yourself into such a position in any sport the games become self motivating but maybe the players were so disillusioned with Sheridan's tactics they just couldn't be bothered to put in the effort.

Judging by what I've seen this season I honestly don't think Sheridan really wants to be here and just can't see how he will get us out of this division. It would be interesting to ask some Chesterfield fans whether he showed the same lack of passion and tactical nouse when he was the manager there.

Warnock has unfinished business here, still has an awful lot of passion for the club and the area - he also lives locally - and I firmly believe he would love his swansong in football management to be with Argyle. He would probably attract decent players to the club and bring some much needed passion to the job along with proper tactical awareness.

I know people are saying it's good to finish mid table after nearly going out of the league (twice) but we are a big club at this level and celebrating mid table obscurity in the bottom division of the football league as an achievement is not an option for me. We regularly get crowds of over 8000 and are capable of pulling 15000 yet we struggle week in week out against clubs who survive on crowds of 3000.

It's embarrassing and I just can't see it changing under JS.

Aug 13, 2011
I still think Warnock won't do it for free. That conjures up an issue. Will JB want to pay off JS and lavish out money on NW every week. Well? ................na!

Aug 13, 2011
I would like to see Warnock in charge but the chances are slim. I'd compare them with me being on Michael McIntyre's chat show in a months time and I have no celebrity status in life at all up to this day? It's a long shot.

IPA":2ksfnppn said:
Yes please for me.

Three times in the last four games we've been passionless, tactically poor and quite honestly unacceptably bad. You would never have thought the team were in with a serious chance of the play offs judging by the lack of commitment the players have shown recently. Surely when you get yourself into such a position in any sport the games become self motivating but maybe the players were so disillusioned with Sheridan's tactics they just couldn't be bothered to put in the effort.

Judging by what I've seen this season I honestly don't think Sheridan really wants to be here and just can't see how he will get us out of this division. It would be interesting to ask some Chesterfield fans whether he showed the same lack of passion and tactical nouse when he was the manager there.

Warnock has unfinished business here, still has an awful lot of passion for the club and the area - he also lives locally - and I firmly believe he would love his swansong in football management to be with Argyle. He would probably attract decent players to the club and bring some much needed passion to the job along with proper tactical awareness.

I know people are saying it's good to finish mid table after nearly going out of the league (twice) but we are a big club at this level and celebrating mid table obscurity in the bottom division of the football league as an achievement is not an option for me. We regularly get crowds of over 8000 and are capable of pulling 15000 yet we struggle week in week out against clubs who survive on crowds of 3000.

It's embarrassing and I just can't see it changing under JS.
You open with "three times in the last four games". So you're basing this argument on the fact that 75% of our last four games have been poor. I don't disagree, but I would consider that a bad run of form as opposed to some endemic problem. I don't think managers should be judged on their last four games.

Were you saying that we should definitely be getting in the play-offs in August?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I don't want Sheridan to go but if he did choose to walk out then I'd be more than happy to have Warnock replace him.

The style of play would be mediocre and I doubt we'd see much of Luke Young in an Argyle shirt but if anyone could get us out of this league and back closer to where we belong it's him. Warnock over Sturrock any day of the week for me.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
GreenSam":c1voa67k said:
I don't want Sheridan to go but if he did choose to walk out then I'd be more than happy to have Warnock replace him.

The style of play would be mediocre and I doubt we'd see much of Luke Young in an Argyle shirt but if anyone could get us out of this league and back closer to where we belong it's him. Warnock over Sturrock any day of the week for me.

Both past its. I'd rather we looked for the new Sturrock or Warnock were we to sack Sheridan instead of staring aimlessly into the past.

Plenty of good, young and fresh managers out there who can do a job, that could still be Sheridan, only time will tell.

This chat about Warnock and Sturrock grates me more than anything, even the Sheridan outs. It's comical though when people want Sheridan out but want Warnock back in, they would expect so,e sort of better football.

They belong in the past, as heroes or legends or however we want to treasure them. But no more, I think it's time we move on now.. It's 2014.

Jan 27, 2012
Nothing wrong with Sheridan, he is doing a steady job despite recent defeats.

BUT

Warnock (and Sturrock) have OUTSTANDING records are available and I'm sure would accept the managers job due to their love of living in this area.

It would be unfair on Sheridan, but from a pure business point of view Argyle have a much better chance of success with Warnock at the helm. Personally I would employ him tomorrow.

As Brent has no background in football, and therefore no understanding of what Warnock has achieved in the game, the chances of this happening are low.

But people who know football know Warnock is the man to properly kick start this club after 5 years of deep depression.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
gaspargomez":a17f4d2b said:
Nothing wrong with Sheridan, he is doing a steady job despite recent defeats.

BUT

Warnock (and Sturrock) have OUTSTANDING records are available and I'm sure would accept the managers job due to their love of living in this area.

It would be unfair on Sheridan, but from a pure business point of view Argyle have a much better chance of success with Warnock at the helm. Personally I would employ him tomorrow.

As Brent has no background in football, and therefore no understanding of what Warnock has achieved in the game, the chances of this happening are low.

But people who know football know Warnock is the man to properly kick start this club after 5 years of deep depression.
Outstanding ? Very similar win % as JS over their career.
I know a little about footy so as for Warnock ? IF there was a vacancy (and I'm with JS) I'd prefer SAF, Brenden Rogers, More-rhino or even Martinez over Warnock.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Was losing the will to live after yesterday's pi** poor performance - equally losing the will over this thread...

Roll on next season...

Jun 15, 2013
Win % of Sheridan is 37.14%, Warnock's is 39.77%, and Holloway's is 39.44%(all only at Argyle, thanks to wikipedia). I can see there is no big difference between them. Sheridan just need 3% p to record higher win % than Warnock and Holloway. Of course, I am not saying Sheridan is Championship manager, but he is capable of league 1, and league 2.