NEIL WARNOCK - get him in | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

NEIL WARNOCK - get him in

C

Cobi Budge.

My first choice would actually still be Tisdale. He's a tactical genius in this league working with a poor bunch at Exeter, we have a better set of individuals than them.

However, unless sacked, I doubt he'd leave Exeter for anyone.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
PilgrimJosh":aqd1yu1w said:
GreenSam":aqd1yu1w said:
I don't want Sheridan to go but if he did choose to walk out then I'd be more than happy to have Warnock replace him.

The style of play would be mediocre and I doubt we'd see much of Luke Young in an Argyle shirt but if anyone could get us out of this league and back closer to where we belong it's him. Warnock over Sturrock any day of the week for me.

Both past its. I'd rather we looked for the new Sturrock or Warnock were we to sack Sheridan instead of staring aimlessly into the past.

Plenty of good, young and fresh managers out there who can do a job, that could still be Sheridan, only time will tell.

This chat about Warnock and Sturrock grates me more than anything, even the Sheridan outs. It's comical though when people want Sheridan out but want Warnock back in, they would expect so,e sort of better football.

They belong in the past, as heroes or legends or however we want to treasure them. But no more, I think it's time we move on now.. It's 2014.

:iagree:

There are a lot of other good ex championship managers out of work at the moment.
Dean saunders,Owen coyle,dave jones,tony mowbray,billy davies,sean odriscoll,
alex mcleish.Chris hughton and malky mackay.In the past you would have said there
was no chance of attracting this kind of quality to our level and for some of them
this is still probably true.But brown,hill and worthington have all come down to
this level recently and are now showing that quality.
I presume the reason for this is the influx of foreign coaches into the english
game especially at the upper level reducing their opportunities.
I would think that this is a great opportunity and time now to attract one of the
above names to come down to this level and realise this clubs great potential.
Managing argyle is a really tough job and i believe it needs a really good manager
to crack it.Colin and luggy are up there with the above and i would support
either for a short term job but we at the moment need a longer term appointment imho.
As it stands i think sheridan should get another pre season.But only because of
the 3 year contract(stupid decision).A one tear rolling contract would have been
more sensible for a manager whose career has been so inconsistent at this level
down in the 3rd/4th tier.

Mar 21, 2013
If we ever go back in time & bring Warnock back you've then got to think about if it doesn't work out who else from our past can we then dig up to potential relive the good old days? :think:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Don't_Panic":1h1c4q5u said:
If we ever go back in time & bring Warnock back you've then got to think about if it doesn't work out who else from our past can we then dig up to potential relive the good old days? :think:
Spades at the ready bey !!
Paul Mariner
Kevin Hodges
John Hore
:facepalm: :lol:

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
TBH I would go for the lad at Burton Gary Rowett

How he has been overlooked by many bigger clubs for jobs I dont know, consistantly in the plaoy offs since he took over and I am sure Summers would come back with him !

Aug 19, 2012
hometown5":3mog64hw said:
Win % of Sheridan is 37.14%, Warnock's is 39.77%, and Holloway's is 39.44%(all only at Argyle, thanks to wikipedia). I can see there is no big difference between them. Sheridan just need 3% p to record higher win % than Warnock and Holloway. Of course, I am not saying Sheridan is Championship manager, but he is capable of league 1, and league 2.

Win percentages are similar but what about lose percentages?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
TomLannigan":3rahns54 said:
I bet fans of championship clubs are reading this thread and absolutely p*ssing themselves...
If they didn't know that Warnock's wife was happily settled in the area, his kid is at the club, he already has a connection with the club and the family don't want him to move away again then perhaps they might be laughing at the idea.

I'm not saying it'll happen but we're not just any old league two side with regards to Neil Warnock.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Guys....get over yourselves....Sheridan has a 3 year contract as have his coaches,(of which 2 years still remain). Like it or lump it Sheridan is here for the immediate future.Get used to "Trusting in Sheridan",,,,,,,,,,,

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
GreenSam":28y9we78 said:
TomLannigan":28y9we78 said:
I bet fans of championship clubs are reading this thread and absolutely p*ssing themselves...
If they didn't know that Warnock's wife was happily settled in the area, his kid is at the club, he already has a connection with the club and the family don't want him to move away again then perhaps they might be laughing at the idea.

I'm not saying it'll happen but we're not just any old league two side with regards to Neil Warnock.

Of course, but how often do you see a manager with his pedigree jump down to the bottom tier? Just my opinion but I really can't see him managing us in a permanent capacity ever again. If he lives locally it's perfectly plausible that he may want to go and watch professional football, that to me doesn't mean we have some kind of special connection with him.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
TomLannigan":h1jq14ko said:
GreenSam":h1jq14ko said:
TomLannigan":h1jq14ko said:

Of course, but how often do you see a manager with his pedigree jump down to the bottom tier? Just my opinion but I really can't see him managing us in a permanent capacity ever again. If he lives locally it's perfectly plausible that he may want to go and watch professional football, that to me doesn't mean we have some kind of special connection with him.
If we're talking ten years ago then a manager of his pedigree wouldn't jump to the bottom tier.

But when he's a manager who's effectively retired, whose wife and kids want to settle down in the area and who doesn't really want to move away and has no interest in managing in the top tier again...a job where he can commute from the family home 25 minutes over the bridge every morning? I think that could be another matter.