'NEVER AGAIN' - Now **UPDATED ** (merged) | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'NEVER AGAIN' - Now **UPDATED ** (merged)

Do you agree with the statement?

• Yes

Votes: 86 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 140 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 21 8.5%

• Total voters
Oct 24, 2010
jimsing":3lrb0oii said:
Looks as if they are continuing with their questioning of the Club. They have withdrawn from formal contact so the media is their only option left.

I could understand if the majority of the fanbase were with them, but they are now in the minority.
The Club have given their reply. I can't see them going into further detail.

'Digging a hole' comes to mind.
I know gates aren't what they where in years gone by but it is stretching a point to claim that the 129 posters who voted no in this poll make up the majority of the fanbase. Anyway, Graham and "the undersigned" (sounds like a good title for a Metallica song) have never claimed to represent the majority and being in the minority doesn't mean they are wrong. Only 3% of Germans voted against Hitler in 1933.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
esmer":2lg1yyne said:
jimsing":2lg1yyne said:
Only 3% of Germans voted against Hitler in 1933.

However he hadn't exactly revealed his full hand at that point!

He did build a fantastic stadium mind.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Baby Face Johnson":2sn36fem said:
jimsing":2sn36fem said:
Baby Face Johnson":2sn36fem said:
So which is currently the minority view and how do you know it's the minority view?

You may like to have a look at the result of the polls that give a good indication!

Do keep up! :D

I assume you are referring to the polls on here rather than on other websites, which show a different result and haven't factored in the thousands of other fans that haven't even taken part in the polls?

So ATD? :lol:

FB FC? Same people as above.

Herald? The same people as above with about 15 multis each.

Hell yeah, that really is logic.

As it happens I don't think any poll is an indicator as such, but come on BFJ, those three? :facepalm:

B

Baby Face Johnson

IJN":1visaqz3 said:
Baby Face Johnson":1visaqz3 said:
jimsing":1visaqz3 said:
Baby Face Johnson":1visaqz3 said:
So which is currently the minority view and how do you know it's the minority view?

You may like to have a look at the result of the polls that give a good indication!

Do keep up! :D

I assume you are referring to the polls on here rather than on other websites, which show a different result and haven't factored in the thousands of other fans that haven't even taken part in the polls?

So ATD? :lol:

FB FC? Same people as above.

Herald? The same people as above with about 15 multis each.

Hell yeah, that really is logic.

As it happens I don't think any poll is an indicator as such, but come on BFJ, those three? :facepalm:

Who made this website the sole barometer of Argyle opinion Ian?

jerryatricjanner

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
They had under 44% despite waging a campaign of terror on all their left wing opponents and needed to form a coalition to just gain power. Thanks Wikipedia

Oct 24, 2010
jimsing":3uoxlvyc said:
Not me, down to Esmer!
Sorry checked it on Google, it was a 1934 referendum and Hitler only got 88% of the vote. He was apparently disappointed with the result.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Baby Face Johnson":14apmxap said:

I'm not saying WE are I'm saying those three are only a barometer of the same people.

B

Baby Face Johnson

IJN":1tsx87a0 said:
Baby Face Johnson":1tsx87a0 said:

I'm not saying WE are I'm saying those three are only a barometer of the same people.

Utter nonsense Ian. There are some extreme antis on those sites without doubt but to tar everybody with the same brush is simply ludicrous.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Fair point, plus I never ever visit FreeChat and ADHD, I simply go on heresay although knowing the names involved in those sites I would suggest the nutter to normal person ratio is somewhat skewed.

The Herald though is surely completely and utterly infiltrated by the ADHD mob. The total obsession about JB is totally obvious.

Every time I read Herald comments, I end up needing a shower.

Still if you like reading such sites who the hell am I to say you shouldn't.

It takes all sorts.

N

NorfolkGreen

Stan":2xijne6q said:
Biggs":2xijne6q said:
As an aside, I like the Ians a lot and I love Pasoti, but I increasingly feel that every time I or others ask questions or sympathise with the 'undersigned' that I'm going to get shot down or made out to be a troublemaker of some kind.

Graham Clark (who I'd previously assumed was very highly respected by most Argyle fans) makes a series of entirely valid and sensible points and gets labelled crass and aloof, Sam Down posts a brilliant piece and it's dismissed because its apparently too long. Now people wanting more clarity on the ground purchase are the 'Never Again brigade'.

I can say now that my sole motivation for asking questions is because Argyle runs through me like a stick of rock and I want to know for absolute sure it's not at risk again. I find it very, very hard to believe the vast majority of the Never Againers don't feel the same. Though where I am, is that I'm for the purchase but would like more clarity on how it's going to be funded. Again, a feeling that has been ridiculed.

It feels like I'm missing something, because the whole debate over something so important feels very....personal. I don't really understand that, and at the moment I feel like a bit of an outsider for feeling that way.

Excellent post Biggs, you are not alone.

Absolutely agree, it is a very unpleasant theme.

B

Baby Face Johnson

IJN":215uw83p said:
Fair point, plus I never ever visit FreeChat and ADHD, I simply go on heresay although knowing the names involved in those sites I would suggest the nutter to normal person ratio is somewhat skewed.

The Herald though is surely completely and utterly infiltrated by the ADHD mob. The total obsession about JB is totally obvious.

Every time I read Herald comments, I end up needing a shower.

Still if you like reading such sites who the hell am I to say you shouldn't.

It takes all sorts.

No need for the last two sentences there, Ian. You are happy for whoever gives you feedback on them to read them.

May 8, 2011
I see from GOS that James Brent was at the fan fest yesterday, any feedback on what he said?