New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
If all they achieve is the improvements to the grandstand I'll be happy. The ice rink would be better placed elsewhere - what about an extension or linked building in the vast wasteland to the rear of the pavilions? You just know that the council would be happy with further swathes of ugly flats in that area but I think an amenity would be better.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So we'll now have Life Centre, Ice and Home Park in Central Park. What can be wrong with that?

Shame we can't fit a velodrome in.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":24lpzalv said:
So we'll now have Life Centre, Ice and Home Park in Central Park. What can be wrong with that?

There's probably room for that and a BMX track somewhere. Central Park was given, after all for the benefit of all Plymouth's citizens.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
samjones":1x0vmwce said:
Looks like a dogs dinner to me. #properstadium

There's always someone who's not content. Remember we are now doing things within budget. There was a time when we didn't and look what happened.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Mike Charlick":91uacnr1 said:
Bermudian Green":91uacnr1 said:
IJN":91uacnr1 said:

Can't argue with that. A sporting mecca all in one place. Perfect.

Get RamaDan McAuley to run it?...
I don't think poor old Dan McCauley is up to running much these days sadly. I saw him by chance in an old folks' home in Exeter recently and he is a mere shadow of the man who ruled the roost at Home Park.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Bermudian Green":3d93veji said:
samjones":3d93veji said:

I'd rather have something that's a little bit jumbled up and different, to be honest. Not the best architecturally, granted, but it's ours and it doesn't look like anywhere else.

Three modern stands, with a refurbished three tiered Leitchian grandstand as a centrepiece, and our historic facade remaining with an ingenious new use. All in the same location our fathers and grandfathers have been watching Argyle for over a hundred years. And hopefully the centre of one of the best sports and leisure destinations in the south of England.

Now THAT is a proper football stadium, and one I'd have every day of the week over a St Mary's or Madejski.

Jul 21, 2016
Biggs":3hwjqp0w said:
Bermudian Green":3hwjqp0w said:
samjones":3hwjqp0w said:

I'd rather have something that's a little bit jumbled up and different, to be honest. Not the best architecturally, granted, but it's ours and it doesn't look like anywhere else.

Three modern stands, with a refurbished three tiered Leitchian grandstand as a centrepiece, and our historic facade remaining with an ingenious new use. All in the same location our fathers and grandfathers have been watching Argyle for over a hundred years. And hopefully the centre of one of the best sports and leisure destinations in the south of England.

Now THAT is a proper football stadium, and one I'd have every day of the week over a St Mary's or Madejski.

I totally agree, the fact that we're keeping some of the old and incorporating it into a new package is to be commended.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Sentiment or not it still looks like a dogs dinner.
Not like argyle to do it by halves though, reckon we will get one coat of undercoat and two of gloss

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
samjones":raowwwht said:
Sentiment or not it still looks like a dogs dinner.
Not like argyle to do it by halves though, reckon we will get one coat of undercoat and two of gloss

Oh, bore off :thumbs: